• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Forming Prussia should automatically change your government to Prussian monarchy, being emperor of China shouldn't change that iirc
I think taking the mandate just replaces legitimacy with meritocracy

Empire of Bohemia + Bohemian Co-Prosperity Sphere:

jd0EuSu.jpg

North Africa is Tunisia. Same colour, I know, kind of annoying. Fun game, and my first with Mandate of Heaven.

Some interesting things:
- China (Ming) and Japan colonized Mexico and Alaska.
- Tunisia colonized Peru.
- Russia is a Chinese tributary.
- Colonization didn't spawn until 1556.
- The USA is a Great Power.

Also, because of the age bonuses, none of my vassals were rebellious despite being between 500-900 development. So that was cool.

I think taking the mandate just replaces legitimacy with meritocracy
No taking the mandate gives you the unique government form celestial monarchy and that is what replaces legitimacy with meritocracy in the same way that theocracies replace legitimacy with devotion.

9e781cf477.jpg

Tatarstan + Gold Rush. "Tatarstan by 1500" was a nice self-imposed challenge. I think I'll try for graze my horse and 1001 now.

edit: Ryazan, Pskov, Yaroslavl, and Perm are marches, and were used to great effect after a resounding first victory against Muscovy. Help from marches or not, though, I'm still 2200 ducats in debt. Picked Economic first to get out of the debt problem and get institutions cheaper.

Pope: I wish someone would shut all these reformers up...

Mehmed: Be careful what you wish for.

Presenting a world in which the Protestant Reformation never happens, and the world is stuck in age of discovery forever.

j9f2rcu.jpg

EFY8AGf.jpg

PZfVzEX.jpg

5xd6LDF.png

My Timurids->Mughals empire at the supposed end date (it never really ended due to the statistics bug):
370C07F01603D5659968BEFE851F85C4DA9A0759

While there was a lot of unused potential with this tag in this run (I was too cautious, as always), I must say I had a blast. Once you got past the initial hurdle as the Timurids it was pretty much smooth sailing.

Also got the bonus of seeing the Ottomans turn revolutionary, while I've seen the rebels pop up before I've never actually seen them go all the way. France looks to be heading in the same direction, too.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931757733
Stupid sexy Flanders!
1. HRE dismantled, check.
2. Able to take bites out of BBB, check.
3. Is an Empire, ALMOST!
4. Didn't abuse said BBB, or Turks as allies, to blob, check.
5. Dominate colonization and trade, check.
6. Did NOT hit form Netherlands button, check.
7. Wish there were unique Flemish ideas, check.
8. Now my weekend is over and all I have to show for it, is this post, :) check.
This game is where I hit the 6k hour club for EU4. I'm not the best, by far, but I relax, enjoy the game, and worry about DOWs from BBB when I am in other wars.
BTW @Pile_O_Gunz , nice Ireland.