• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
my first wc :)

w2KXN4b.jpg

Impressive. I'm never agressive enough, once I get to be the strongest I just get lazy :L

Reactions:
My Bengal Tiger Hindustan holding an umbrella (or with Bukhara maybe a torch).
W3QuSVv.jpg

I will continue this and go for aggressive expander and possibly some other achievements depending on how my computer decides to handle the late game lag. I also might pretty up the borders a bit...

Ottomans 1.14.

One of the ugliest campaigns I've ever played.

It started out as a conquer-everything-no-vassal-feeding-all-coring-become-unifier-of-Islam thing, and then gradually I started thinking about a one-tag world conquest.

And I bungled that up around 1650 so I just gave up and started messing around trying to get as many achievements as possible.

The end result looks something like this:
FqqG6Jb.jpg

My puny colonial nations:
aYPpW4P.jpg

For some reason they were continually at -3 stability (it seems they have westernization as a priority and can't handle it + feeding). I also noticed I couldn't see their overextension as part of the revolt risk (that's a bug, I think).

End game screenie:
RVBau7T.jpg

Bonus: if the clergy (ulema) becomes disloyal (15% loyalty), then they trigger a huge peasant revolt:
IOy1JbR.jpg

I fought and killed millions of peasants before remembering I could accept their demands for minimal damage (increased local autonomy doesn't really hurt when you span 2 continents).

Reactions:
Ottomans 1.14.

One of the ugliest campaigns I've ever played.

It started out as a conquer-everything-no-vassal-feeding-all-coring-become-unifier-of-Islam thing, and then gradually I started thinking about a one-tag world conquest.

And I bungled that up around 1650 so I just gave up and started messing around trying to get as many achievements as possible.

The end result looks something like this:

My puny colonial nations:

For some reason they were continually at -3 stability (it seems they have westernization as a priority and can't handle it + feeding). I also noticed I couldn't see their overextension as part of the revolt risk (that's a bug, I think).

End game screenie:

Bonus: if the clergy (ulema) becomes disloyal (15% loyalty), then they trigger a huge peasant revolt:

I fought and killed millions of peasants before remembering I could accept their demands for minimal damage (increased local autonomy doesn't really hurt when you span 2 continents).
:eek: The rebels the manpower wasted killing them:(

Reactions:
:eek: The rebels the manpower wasted killing them:(
Yeah, I forgot that you can get rid of peasants by accepting demands ASAP.

So many good soldiers (mostly mercenaries) and peasants died before the sultan found the right button to press!

Reactions:
My 'Humble Origins' run with the goal of reaching the Ōkeanós

Tb4sRxe.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Pfaw, you get -90 points for conquering trash steppe lands and not conquering your way through India as is proper.

Reactions:
Finally got World Conqueror. Could've been one tag, but I didn't want to settle for grayskin.

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

Came within some 5-ish years of converting the world catholic too. Would've, actually, if I trucebreaked Ming. Didn't matter though, since it was game started in 1.13 anyway...

wc3.jpg

Reactions:
JQby06W.jpg

Master of None.

Started as custom Norse horde nation with 3 development and I was aiming for 3 achievement, For the Odin, Ideas Guys, and First Come First Serve. But only got 1, For The Odin. I was barely making 200 duckats even though I had close to 2700 development and obviously, I couldn't colonize both Americas by myself with just 3 colonists. Again, poor decision not to include colonist in my NI.

During this game, I realized I don't know how to play EU4, despite thousands of hours I've spent already...

You can't colonize both Americas by yourself no matter how many colonists you have. That's why you need the AI to help you out with that, then you take their colonies.
Eh, you can definitely colonize like 80% of it yourself. In my For Odin! / FCFS run I actively tried to coast-block AI from colonizing and crushed and ate their little colonies ASAP. The only decent-sized colony they ever got off was Brazil. You don't have to actively *let* them colonize anything - they will get their little CNs no matter what, you can't block the coast off fast enough anyway*.

* - there was that hilarious patch when El Dorado came out, the AI would be so extremely late to party that you could close off the coast as Inca...

My humble British Empire, focused on Europe instead of Neo-America and Asia.

Pel4VFp.jpg

Europe (I PUed Sweden and forced France into one, Spain was annexed via Client States):

1APjYQB.jpg

Ironman proof:

aPYVRHk.jpg

Imgur for some World Maps:

http://imgur.com/a/8hrrg

Last edited:
Reactions: