Patch 1.05 - Help with translation to Spanish and Russian

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MartinBG

Darkest Hour Developer
2 Badges
Nov 16, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
Hello all,

We're happy to announce that patch 1.05 development is near its end and soon we'll reveal more details on it.

One of the remaining tasks is to translate new strings to all officially supported languages (German, Russian, French, Spanish, Polish and Italian). Most of the languages are handled by people from our team, but we lack translators to Spanish and Russian. We're looking for help from you with translation to these languages (as we did for patches 1.03 and 1.04).

Attached are CSV files (for best results use MS Excel or Open Office) with missing texts for translation to Spanish and Russian.

Notes:
- In column "C" is the text in English, you should add translated text to column "D"
- %.1f, %d, %s, \n should not be skipped, removed, modified or changed in order as those are special symbols used by the engine
- Do not use % as percentage symbol, but use words (as "percent") instead
- Do not use ", °, ”, “, «, », ‘, ’ or other non-standard for the game punctuation characters as those are incorrectly displayed in-game or create other problems

To avoid work duplication please drop here or to our team e-mail (darkest.hour.team@gmail.com) a message on which part of the translation you're going to work.

Thank you in advance and stay tuned for further information on the upcoming patch!

The Darkest Hour Team

Attachments

• RUS.zip
    5,1 KB · Views: 83
  • SPA.zip
    5,3 KB · Views: 77
It's alot better if someone fluent in these languages did the translation. I could do them using translate.google back and forth if noone else steps up. The Spanish would come out very well but, the Russian would be very poor. It would probably be best if you translated the Russian instead.

It's alot better if someone fluent in these languages did the translation. I could do them using translate.google back and forth if noone else steps up. The Spanish would come out very well but, the Russian would be very poor. It would probably be best if you translated the Russian instead.
Yes, we're looking for volunteers who speak the language.

Wow great!
it is incredible and rewarding to see how you keep updating and putting new things to the game!
Thank you!!:):)

The Spanish would come out very well but, the Russian would be very poor. It would probably be best if you translated the Russian instead.

If other experienced russian volunteers will not to be I am ready to do Russian translation.
I will need to ask clarification of the meaning of some lines, which I did not understand.

Thanks everyone!
If there's the need for a clarification on a certain string, please ask here and I'll try my best to answer.

Also, for the translators, we noticed a mistake in one of our string. Currently, ARMYMISTERM_2 is "%t, the air-forces of", but it should be "%t, the armies of". Please take note of this for the translation.
Also, translators should take note of existing translations for some terms like auto-assign brigade, dig-in, nuked, cores, claims. Ask if it's not clear. :)

Last edited:
I started translating event_text.csv to Russian. I hope I do not do this job with someone in parallel!
Translated by:
- events on the transfer of land,
- events on The Deutschland merchant submarine.

I think soon I will end with this part.

I started translating event_text.csv to Russian. I hope I do not do this job with someone in parallel!
Translated by:
- events on the transfer of land,
- events on The Deutschland merchant submarine.

I think soon I will end with this part.
Excellent thank you!

event_text.csv - done,
messages.csv - done,
tech_names.csv - done,
text.csv - in progress.

Increased knowledge of the industry:) Fortunate that my wife is a mining engineer:D

event_text.csv - done,
messages.csv - done,
tech_names.csv - done,
text.csv - in progress.

Increased knowledge of the industry:) Fortunate that my wife is a mining engineer:D
Lucky you! We probably could have used her help! :)

One can use /%% for percentage indication (like: %.1f/%%) of a value. I used it in more than several place when I was modding Iron Cross and it works fine.
Yes, but it's easier to make mistakes that way. If we have to instruct translator that don't work on the code, it's better to let them use the word. :)