• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

komioski

Sergeant
50 Badges
Aug 26, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hello everyone! I'm Komioski, or Komi if you prefer, a relatively new addition to the team. We know many of you are curious what the plan is for Jade Dragon, and this announcement will hopefully answer any questions you might have for us.

First, yes we will be releasing a compatch as soon as we possibly can for all of you. After that you can almost certainly expect a full release utilizing the off-map powers, a new magic and duel system, and more! Sadly I'm not currently able to talk about that. Second, due to the changes to the steam workshop we will be releasing the mod there in the near future, this should make installation and updating easier for everyone as well as allowing the mod to reach more players. For those of you who prefer the manual installation we will still release on these forums as well. And our final bit of news for today, dev diaries are back!! I will be posting updates and the occasional sneak peak on what we are doing as often as I can.

As a bonus Ive decided to post part one of the Dev diary for the trade system overhaul, :) this was one of the things I was personally excited to see get some attention from paradox with the new DLC, and was the first thing I decided to work on when I joined the team. This first part will focus on the routes themselves, while I will explore the new mechanics in a later diary.

Here's a sneak peek of the end result:
IMG_1230.PNG

The original trade routes were a mess, some were missing and others were just plain broken. We had 14 routes barely covering just the old world, therefore, the first step was rewriting our trade routes in an efficient way. I also wanted to see the norscans represented as traders as well as raiders, so adding new routes was the secondary objective. In the end I managed to cut down to 12 routes covering both the old and new world. I will explore each in-depth in the next diary but for now I will list them for you with a quick explanation of any unique mechanics.

1. The Empire Trade Network
2. The Sea of Claws
3. The Khyprian Road
4. The Silver Road
5. The Gold Road
6. The East Roads
7. Old World Coastal Route
8. The Underway: a unique trade system built for the few remaining dwarf holds still connected to the deep roads. This will only be accessible to the dwarf culture. If a hold falls to the orcs or any other culture the underway entrance is destroyed.
9. The Chill Road: a unique trade system for the Druchii, it represents the use of slaves as the foundation of dark elf society they are the miners, farmers, and builders of the dark elves and therefore the largest modifier will be building time and cost reduction.
10. Ulthuan Interior
11. Ulthuan Exterior
12. Lustrian Jungle Paths: a unique trade system for the lizardmen, granting piety and movement speed boosts.

That's it for today! Thank you for your support and feedback, and we hope your as excited for the next release as we are!

:D Excellent! I'm glad you're all still working on this great mod work.

We are akin to Great Old Cthulhu, The White Walkers, The Gravewalker of the Shadow of x-series and all those other things that work their way up sloooowly, but undyingly.

Alright, I've gotta ask: why does the Norscan trade route jut out to the tiny islands south of the Chaos Wastes? I can't imagine that they're producing all that much in the way of trade goods, and they don't seem wealthy enough to attract such goods halfway across the Great Sea. Are they basically processing centres for goods that come out of the Chaos Wastes (over routes that are too diffuse to be represented as trade routes in-game)? Do they somehow tie into the Ulthuan naval system? Do they function as trading posts for those Dark Elves who don't insist on paying "the Iron Price" for everything?

Alright, I've gotta ask: why does the Norscan trade route jut out to the tiny islands south of the Chaos Wastes? I can't imagine that they're producing all that much in the way of trade goods, and they don't seem wealthy enough to attract such goods halfway across the Great Sea. Are they basically processing centres for goods that come out of the Chaos Wastes (over routes that are too diffuse to be represented as trade routes in-game)? Do they somehow tie into the Ulthuan naval system? Do they function as trading posts for those Dark Elves who don't insist on paying "the Iron Price" for everything?
No they don't produce shat but slaves are their goods I suppose. Even tho it already has the slave system to represent it.

That was actually left over from the original trade routes, and as a huge fan of small/difficult starts in various corners of the map, I decided to leave it for a bit of flavor. If you need a lore reason though one can assume those norscans need goods from their brethren on the mainland

Hmm, that makes sense. Now that I think about it, walrus ivory and scrimshaw would be reasonable.

But I thought they got their whales from Morrslieb...
I can add an event chain describing the loss of some sailors to a whale (maybe even mutated) or a building chain representing ivory production for a little extra fluff, such things were already in the works, I just didn't want to say anything until the next dev diary

Is there a way to restore the dwarf trade routes if we retake lost holds? That is my favorite goal in Geheimnisnacht.
Absolutely, as well as several event chains to make the underway a relevant part of the dwarven gameplay! I should have the second part of the dev diary out soon, which will go in depth on each route and its mechanics.

Absolutely, as well as several event chains to make the underway a relevant part of the dwarven gameplay! I should have the second part of the dev diary out soon, which will go in depth on each route and its mechanics.
By Grungni, we'll reclaim the Karaz Ankor yet!

Seriously good news. I've been hoping for something like that for a long time.

Looking fantastic so far. Thanks for the dev diary, these are always fun to see.

If an underway entrance is destroyed, can it be later repaired if dwarves retake the province?