• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PAnZuRiEL

Field Marshal
84 Badges
Dec 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
Shouldn't the Sultanate of Rum get access to Ottoman missions? They already get the Ottoman government. It couldn't be hard to implement, so is this deliberate or just an oversight?

• 1Like
Reactions:
They did not have access to them last patch either. Sad.

I don't see why they should get their own missions before a lot more countries, which actually existed in the game's time period, have more fleshed out mission trees.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't see why they should get their own missions before a lot more countries, which actually existed in the game's time period, have more fleshed out mission trees.
Agree on that part, but using Ottoman missions is only replacing “tag = TUR” with “OR = { tag = TUR tag = RUM }”
Two minutes work in notepad++

its also a challanging country to form so accessing to those missions gonna be difficult so not worth it too :D

I mean I asked small mission line (conquering med islands, dominating meditarrian trade, conquering tangiers,ceuta and granada,and finally colonizing carribs are all of missions) for Italy but its very easy nation to manage forming

Agree on that part, but using Ottoman missions is only replacing “tag = TUR” with “OR = { tag = TUR tag = RUM }”
Two minutes work in notepad++
If done by Paradox, I can guarantee you someone would complain about the descriptions not being updated to not refer to the Ottomans and their rulers as well. It still wouldn't be a lot of work, but then the same request could also be used for other formable and releasable nations.

Also, if you really want to play as Rum with Ottoman missions, there is technically nothing stopping you from modifying the file yourself. But I suppose that would remove the point of enabling them in the first place, having really strong missions as Rum in Ironman mode.

i so far think for the missions as "how the history went if u wanna replay it" and so i not expected them in fantasy nations as rum
In real life though, England never conquered France and took over the HRE. So there goes that argument.

• 1Like
Reactions:
They first need to expand existing trees to include even more historical scenarios. Ottoman mission tree still feels lacking lot:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...oman-missions-for-realistic-expansion.1083295

And second, I still feel like its better to write for existing nations first as well.

By the way I am planning to write possible Aq-Qara Qoyunlu, Turkish beylik and Rum missions later on, I just need to read more about them in free time.

Some Turkish beyliks don't even their national ideas yet, so better to be patient.

I actually would enjoy them to release Turkish, French, German immersion packs and include many of these suggestions like, my "Enderun" or "Sipahi" idea, maybe more French mechanics and more HRE + Prussia for Germans.

Last edited:
They first need to expand existing trees to include even more historical scenarios. Ottoman mission tree still feels lacking lot:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...oman-missions-for-realistic-expansion.1083295

And second, I still feel like its better to write for existing nations first as well.

By the way I am planning to write possible Aq-Qara Qoyunlu, Turkish beylik and Rum missions later on, I just need to read more about them in free time.

Some Turkish beyliks don't even their national ideas yet, so better to be patient.

I actually would enjoy them to release Turkish, French, German immersion packs and include many of these suggestions like, my "Enderun" or "Sipahi" idea, maybe more French mechanics and more HRE + Prussia for Germans.
While you're are it, I would encourage you to come up with missions that are more than just "conquer this".