• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
C

Calad

Greetings. What bothers to me specially on ck2 is how boring it is to play a woman character. Lot of decisions and events are male-based. Women very often are landless even very capable ones because there are no factions or plots which would allow them to rise to power. Finaly there should be a plot to seduce opposite or same sex-characters depending are you homosexual or not. I hope this would put end of it to marry foreign genius, very vapable and ambitious women without any serious political consequences.

Finaly there should be option that your wife, when you die, becomes ruler instead of your son. This may be difficult to do so I go to another subject: real famous women. Ever heard of Saint Olga of Kiev? She is Saint in both Churches so I bothered to find her. Well she wasnt on the ruler list of Kiev but I found her as a wife of second or third Rurikovich petty-king, and she just some random-generated old woman. How I felt disapointed.

I am not asking gender equality because it did not exist back then but I wish women would play bigger roles and would causes downfalls of weak rulers/huspands.

Women in CK2 already have an ahistorical amount of power, so I don't expect they will be given anymore officially, although some sort of Queen Regent system would be cool and historical; I don't think I can remember a time that my regent was ever my mother when my character was underage. I'm pretty sure there are a few mods out there that will give you a more female oriented experience.

This thread is going to end well, I can just tell. And you mentioned like 3 things OP, that's not a DLC. And why should only women be allowed to seduce people? How does that even make sense. I kiiiiinda like the last one but it would only work if she was regent and she decided she'd like to stay in charge like that lady from Byzantine which slots in more with more options/events during regency than women per se.

But women can certainly use some more events and stuff yes, I agree. There's a lot of male only events that have no female counterpart and not all of them make sense for there not to be one. I'm glad they fixed the lover system, that was one of them.

While I wouldn't mind seeing more interesting and unique female gameplay, reflecting the nature of being one of few queens, I don't think CK2 is the game for it, given much more general work needs to be done first. I mean, players probably spend about 10% of their time playing queens, and right now, we need to make the other 90% more interesting.

I'm going to say request this one again when the Crusader Kings 3 discussions start, as more depth from version 1.0 is no doubt going to be the most requested feature of that game, and that should include more interesting sex-specific gameplay. As for CK2, it's just an issue of priorities.

(though the idea that a wife could become queen instead of your son (or female heir) is utterly ludicrous. They, like Olga of Kiev would become a regent if anything, but nothing more.)

Edit: Also, when you put feminism in the title of your thread, you're basically asking for it to get sidetracked and undoubtedly locked given enough time.

Last edited:
For me this would be a patch and not a DLC. So less content.

Finaly there should be option that your wife, when you die, becomes ruler instead of your son.

It should be the other way arround for the middle ages...

Yes, of course, the Middle Ages were so progressive.

Yes, of course, the Middle Ages were so progressive.

He's not asking for the game to be progressive he's asking for more options for women, it's completely possible to add these while staying well within the confines of medieval society. Not that it's always strictly necessary coughcatharscough.

i like how the title is feminism in it and one of your main points is sexual seduction.....so wrong lol. (im not a feminist but a history student)

^^^ knotz lol i might be a little drunk but it seems like the OP is taking feminism backwards. thread should be titled "why arent all modern women house-wives"

While I wouldn't mind seeing more interesting and unique female gameplay, reflecting the nature of being one of few queens, I don't think CK2 is the game for it, given much more general work needs to be done first. I mean, players probably spend about 10% of their time playing queens, and right now, we need to make the other 90% more interesting.

I'm going to say request this one again when the Crusader Kings 3 discussions start, as more depth from version 1.0 is no doubt going to be the most requested feature of that game, and that should include more interesting sex-specific gameplay. As for CK2, it's just an issue of priorities.

(though the idea that a wife could become queen instead of your son (or female heir) is utterly ludicrous. They, like Olga of Kiev would become a regent if anything, but nothing more.)

Edit: Also, when you start put feminism in the title of your thread, you're basically asking for it to get sidetracked and undoubtedly locked given enough time.

How did you get the 10% Figure? Even if you were correct, and im considering that number false just on principle, it doesnt matter if the 1 out of 10 times you end up with a queen you are basicly just watching the years go by being bored out of your skull because nothing really happens since many events as they exist can only happen if your ruler happens to be male. They could well do away with gender-distinctions at this point anyway, i mean IF you are a Queen you are still the Ruler of your realm, so you should for example be able to hold a Tournament, even if you cant participate yourself because declaring one isnt really dependant on you being female. They could even include new events because you are female, for example succession related and so forth, a general..equity concept for your realm until everyone is rather okay with having a Queen rather than a King.

For example, what if you had 3 Queens in a row? Well your vassals might be much more open to the concept of having a female ruler because the last 3 proved to be rather adept at administering the realm, it would do away with the "Feminist" flag in the religions anyway which i found to be a dumb concept. So you could even turn a Muslim realm into a cognatic one because your dynasty proved that you are good at the job, though it should be realm-wide at best. So you could form a Muslim Syria and over the decades of female rule you can "unlock" agnatic-cognatic and cognatic succession because your vassals and subjects become more open about the idea of a queen that rules.

Though in general we need more events to happen both ways, during peace time especially because very little happens that can draw your attention, females should just simply get similar options there. Also on account of Regents, it would be interesting if there was a risk of them refusing to give up their regency, or even trying to ursurp your realm entirely. So far we dont really have anything in that respect either. A general "seduce plot" would be interesting however since you could try and seduce specific targets, rather than being dependant on the random number god on whether you get a lover, or how many you get.

If anything female rulers should be more interesting to play in the Europa series but that doesn't involve rulers at all which is a shame. Here's hoping Europa 5 gives rulers more depth then just a name with stats.

the words 'kitchen' and 'sandwich' come to mind :)

Ok now that that joke is out of me I agree with OP. Now one could say women's options in that time period were...um....limited, but seriously a women rulers need more options.

Also +1 Paradox if you allow women to give other women 'tumbles'. I mean it is a surefire way to get approval without the risk of having a love child.....it's win win really

^^^yah I really want that option for the 'approval' benefits........ ;)

To be honest, I don't think female rulers were that different from male ones, so apart from perhaps allowing them on hunts or something, I don't see what kinds of things women could do ontop of what they have now.

I give this thread a day before it's locked. Just let it pass.