• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Droom - The Federalists are anti-war and as a result don't seem to have any plans to increase the size of the military which is incredibly weak compared to what it could be.

TheExecuter - Thanks! It's certainly a blast writing it. The next update should be today, I'm about to start playing for it.

Droom - Yeah, I definitely aim to try and get them in power but I'm refraining from doing it with national focus so I have to rely on election events. I just hope that if they do get in power they don't stay in long enough to turn the nation into a dictatorship, I don't have a way of turning it back to a republic! :p

Droom - Yeah, I definitely aim to try and get them in power but I'm refraining from doing it with national focus so I have to rely on election events. I just hope that if they do get in power they don't stay in long enough to turn the nation into a dictatorship, I don't have a way of turning it back to a republic! :p
Hehehehehe... I can only hope... also, if you do end up being a dictatorship and taking over the East Coast (pipe dream), you should change the nation name and flag to better represent it's new borders.

Droom - I must say that the East Coast does look rather nice... And I do enjoy making new flags
As for the next update though, I'm currently playing it and literally nothing has happened, so I'm combining a world update in with it, because the only things that are of note are Anarcho-Liberals and Idealism.

Droom - I must say that the East Coast does look rather nice... And I do enjoy making new flags
As for the next update though, I'm currently playing it and literally nothing has happened, so I'm combining a world update in with it, because the only things that are of note are Anarcho-Liberals and Idealism.
Yes... YES... accept by jingo!
Cool! Can't wait.

yeap... Reactionaries are the best in this time of the game

During his second term, Peterson became very much a boring and inefficient president. Gone were the days of his vigorous and inclusive government, now they were aged, tired, and recluse. During the first year of his second term, news came in to President Peterson about a development in political philosophy. In Germany, political philosophers published their papers on a new philosophy named Anarcho-Liberalism. This amused Peterson, and jokingly labelled himself an Anarcho-Liberal more than once.

NZCYXbi.png

The Telegram that many world leaders received.

On March 18th, 1853, startling news creeped into the Presidential Office. Due to the closing of several key factories, capitalists have lost faith in New England and have stopped investing in the New English economy. This lack of investment caused an economic crash in New England, and was almost entirely blamed on the Federalists Laissez-Faire policies. This economy left thousands of people unemployed, and left the majority of the population hungry and starving. There was a lot of outrage towards Peterson, and people openly rioted in the streets of Boston.

2w3s7hz.png

The daily loss at its lowest point.

Order was shortly returned however, and a new issue presented itself to Peterson. The more conservative members of the House of Representatives were campaigning to change the working hour laws to 14 hours a day. The more socially liberal members however wish to lower the working hours to 8 hours a day. A gridlock in New England’s politics was expected to be broken by a Presidential Edict from Peterson. Peterson, however, refused to do anything, leaving the government in deadlock and allowing nothing else to be passed.

FKWkkXV.png

The final nail in Petersons coffin, he will be remembered as one of the worse Presidents of New England.

In 1855, the elections were called as usual. The Federalist Party elected Edward Fritz as their nominee. He however wasn’t originally a member of the Federalist Party, and instead was a notable member of the Anarcho-Liberal Movement within the Nation. The Democratic Party surprising declined to nominate someone to run for president. The Nationalist Party however nominated John Davis, who also gained support from the Democratic Party. Fritz campaigned on the ticket of even less tariffs and even less regulation, whereas Davis was the exact opposite. People went to the polls, and the results were soon announced.

yt7J6w3.png

The Nationalist Party was declared Victorious!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The State of the World Circa 1855.

FJZ0kNU.png

The North American Continent, with the Eagles of the South, the Lion to the North, and the Pine Tree standing eternally strong.

gBUQf2l.png

Central America, with the USCA in a dire position yet still standing strong.

Y34Apwm.png

South America. Bolivia still has a coast though I doubt it will be for long.

80NkrCb.png

Asia. Britain has taken Johore now with its lovely gold. Nothing much has actually happened in Asia this game.

2dvuA7q.png

And finally Europe. It is said that the Spain and Ottomans are the Sick Men of Europe, but now Europe is the Sick Man of the World.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Authors Notes:
Sorry that this update is so short, but genuinely nothing happened between 1850 and 1855. The next update should be tomorrow, though I am planning on doing another lore update on a company that hasn't yet featured in the AAR, would people mind this?
Also, I want to thank everyone for all the support, it has really helped me continue writing this!

Oh, and the reactionaries finally won Droom! :p

Reactions:
I love lore updates, so please do add it!

subbed, i hope you "liberate" the north from the slaveholders of Dixie and from their own corrupt Yankee ways

Reactions:
Hey guys, sorry about the delay. I became a bit sick of Victoria 2 when it crashed on me and I had to redo all the hard work that I had done, so I decided to take a short break. I have all the images for the next post I just need to write it up, so it wont be long, today or tomorrow depending on what I have to do today.

ohhhhh :(

President Davis was inaugurated on the 15th of July, 1855. He was potentially one of the most controversial politicians of his time, constantly spouting out hateful words that divided not only the nation, but the families within the nation. His first act was to build up the military in preparation for “Operation: Falling Fir”. His presidency saw the most exponential growth of a military in North America in the 19th Century, and he was, even up to his death, proud of that fact.

vWMe7Zd.jpg

Presidential Portrait of John Davis.

In the month of September, 1855, startling news reached the international stage. A speech given by President Davis on the steps of the Presidential Manor in Boston went as follows: “People of New England, we have become soft. 40 years ago we fought for our nation and by God did we fight hard! We drove out the Imperial Yanks and did they go running! They are still scared of our might and we must exploit this! To our immediate south lies a state that is much similar to our own. Though of course I am reactionary at heart I must accept the fact that even I am more liberal than a lot of European and North American reactionaries, and this resonates oh so clearly with the state of New York. We must seize it from the Yanks and incorporate it into our nation, not just for our own benefit but also theirs! We shall be victorious! We shall be great!”
War was upon the continent.

XFCtoQ5.png

The war had Started.

An extensive plan was created in the months leading up to the war, and President Davis chose General Heintzelman to lead the full charge into the States. The plan was to march the three Minutemen Guard brigades through the state New York and capture key points including Albany and New York City itself. The three armies would then march south until reaching DC, where it was expected the most resistance would be met.

xVPygIJ.png

The New English War plan. Each red arrow represents a different army.

Victory after victory was met by the New England forces, and a very decisive victory left 17,000 Yankee soldiers dead. Similar skirmishes were had during the war, but all resistance was futile. The Yankee army was small and depressive, though, as General Heintzelman put it, “well fed and well organised, even if their logistics are ran by Yanks”. The hatred felt towards the Yanks reached boiling points during the war, and riots occurred in New York as pro-New England and anti-New England groups violently clashed.

6xmCMiJ.png

One of the most decisive victories in the war.

After mere months of fighting, the brave troops finally reached Washington, DC, and sieged the city. The people of Washington put up a brave fight, but eventually succumbed to the might of the New England army. This victory cemented the war for New England, and mere days later a telegram came in to President Davis’ Office. It said that the United States of America would surrender under the terms of the war goal, and would immediately relinquish control of New York over to New England. This news was met by great cheers from the nation, and weeklong celebration was declared.

Wq2v0iQ.png

The telegram Davis received.

The world was looking at New England with awe because of this victory. All the predictions made painted the US in a positive light, saying that they would easily beat New England. Now however all predictions were shook, and the world had a new Great Power. It is said that this victory not only cemented New England as a Great Power, but also set it on a path of its modern day place in the world.

8QutlMb.png

New Englands might was forever marked in the history books on this glorious day.

The elections were called in 1860 and each major party, the Nationalists, the Democrats, the Federalists, and the Radicals, all fielded candidates for the election. The candidates were as followed:
  • John Davis, Nationalist: Once again campaigning for the Presidency, his previous term was one of war and victory. Though he expanded the nation, the cost of the war was great on the people of New England and poverty was now much more commonplace.
  • Orville Meyer, Democratic: A conservative-yet-economically-liberal politician, he wanted to change the Democratic Party to be economically equivalent to the free trade laissez faire Federalists, but much more socially conservative. He was considered a politician for the Rich Man of New England.
  • William Blackburn, Federalist: An old politician, Blackburn served in the governments of all previous Federalist Presidents. Regarded as skilled and charismatic, he campaigned for more civil freedoms for the people and electoral reform, since he believed that the current election system in place was insufficient for a nation of such large population.
  • Paul Rivera, Radical: The youngest candidate in the election at 36 years old, Rivera was a prominent member of the Radical party and the chosen VP of previous Federalist Candidate Fritz. He was a man of humble origins who became one of New Englands richest men with his freight and passenger shipping company, the Boston Atlantic Company.
The results came in on the 1st of July, with the Nationalist government under Davis being replaced by a Federalist Government led by William Blackburn.

KJwwcZi.png

Authors Notes:
Sorry about the long delay (a week late, yeesh), but I've been swamped recently. I'm going to go for weekly updates for now, though of course I will likely deviate from this and do them a bit more often when I have the time :p

great! maybe now a little war against UK for parts of Canada