• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Exakter

Corporal
66 Badges
Feb 27, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
CK2 Solo

Rules -

Start Date 767

Count Wededem Solomonid of Assab

Options changed from Default - Aztecs/Turks/Mongols set to random
Supernatural set to unrestricted
Interfaith marriages open
Invite to Court set to unrestricted
Theocracies/Republics/Vassals unlimited.
Release prisoners after punishment off

(Iron man is unfortunately off as a consequence, but I will be playing by strict only reloading crashed autosaves - which have so far happened once, unfortunately RUINING one of my quest lines… you’ll see)

Goal? - Survive, to maintain the sanctity of Aksum.

Format of AAR - whatever the hell I feel like, whenever I feel like it.

Additionally - I planned to keep track of the Coptic Popes as well, but a plague of anti-coptic pope diseases hit Alexandria... and 11 Popes died during my first ruler's reign... keeping track of them all would just be boring. Maybe? You tell me, I can do a Special Coptic Pope edition.

iQDeH6hzUj40or76LENcT5azgTjpwlg4XQmzuXFcerqF01qaW93x3BkK8p7ITlu-78PmybfVc7vdQJACEpu-V6Ire52_C5oh-lzNCe98DUjtPr7zaqrLDxrUeLhM8a5ebjVRcMjk

From a half-torn script, discovered in the ancient city of Assab.

------------------------------------

stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus

- roughly translated to----

I leave this manuscript, I do not know for whom; I no longer know what it is about
-------------------------------------

I look to the future, and I wonder… what fates await me and my family. As I write this, I sit in my private study, awaiting the beckons of my closest advisor, my last true ally, Bintou. Those that still remain warn me of her, they say what she offers is impossible, that the odds are against me. All the others have fallen. My son, Wedem, my father, Dedem, my Uncles Azyur and Oda, My best friends Steward Jima and Marshal Oromo, my lover Abrihet and my wife Anthousa. All have passed. Perhaps that's why I stand where I do now, in front of the door between life and death. I scream into the void, Never Tell Me the Odds!

But let us not dwell on such unhappy thoughts, instead let us start where all such things do. In the beginning.

My name is Wededem Solomonid, and I was a Count. I’ve known for quite some time that this was my future, ever since my father took me aside on one of his many hunts and said to me “Son, in front of us are my brothers. One is a Duke, and one is a King, neither are your friends but they require your dedication. Yet our future is of our own making, and I say to you what my father once said to me. Be loyal to your family, be faithful to your spirit, defend your beliefs with your life and never be afraid of the unknown. It is simply yet to be conquered.”

Life is not easy for a Solomonid. Surrounded on all sides by apostasy, heresy, and devils we must strive merely to survive. Yet survive we must, for we are the true sons of God, and it is our mission to protect that which must be kept hidden. No one shall see the divine if they are not blessed, that is what we were taught. It’s what I still believe, though I harbor doubts if I am truly blessed. Who could be with what I’ve seen?

exXF2EnKcCmEUzB6KA5cx2vXwee0rEQ96QSpgskdBxd4HbVXlkAwAtHEamF7vtCnubHfsFkj0lc4u9-lY4ykX3nMuVwsCh4P6LR_1ajzDelwlqjgYbcIHYFiItbMajhSRn3XGn-p

Traits: Wroth, Cruel, Gregarious, Brave, Misguided Warrior.
Son of Prince Dedem Solomonid(Red), Count of Asayita, in 741, nephew to Prince Ayzur Solomonid(Blue), Duke of Wag, and nephew to King Oda Gosh (Yellow) of Abyssinia. Father of Wedem Asfare Solomonid.

HKglTGU-Oc9nUAniOvMHKDJSpllY07LUFqZvuAQwva58J9QLc_fFq0YrQOlmIs7KEGIUNXbSC2FUOw0PBqaL4glhyFB-C0_uuPqpvZufrFM_e6TgJyCGY3YqhL_9iiq3fZ-V8Sqg

Heir to the County of Assab

769 Anno Domini -

Enemies. Everywhere. Eyeing us hungrily. To the north, the Abbassid Empire, the Arwadid and Azd Umanid emirates, to the east the Emirs of Harer and Berber, to the west various Nubian and Ethiopian self-styled kings and rulers. Muslims, Christians, Jews, Idolaters and Heretics. They all want what we have, none shall attain it. Given by God, entrusted by Heaven, we stand vigilant for eternity.

yxeYKUQsfKZEXB5LhnuMrbAjcoj7IWjeaAr0M6Ryw0WZoj2QXP1HAHiGkCeKekLKFIoYJpv1_1Q3Tt5RJJajT2rDx_Li2_w0dvl8KSjkfS81EGx1KrRsyakZsY5Czc14FD223OPR

The distant kingdoms of Christendom believe they are the inheritors of the Word, but they See little. Purgatory aches with anticipation. Yet they can be used, if we are careful. We care not about expanding our faith, merely preserving it. We seek not conquest, but security. I was reassured in these regards by the faith of King Oda, who wisely decided to make me the Marshal of Abyssinia.

In is in this vein that I reached out to the pompous fool on the Byzantine throne and sought the hand of his daughter despite my relatively low status as a Count. As a Solomonid our dynasty brings a certain prestige and legitimacy, the Basileus needed this, as his empire had recently gone through a rough period of turmoil and religious dissent after the Council of Hieria when he foolishly banned the worship of images or even the depictions of Saints, Jesus, or our Lord in Churches or other locations.

UIaomd2I9FZ60BHSV84sgXof39OdsPpm_LGJAsFAiudmbxwjuZT4odzeDtLRzPs70jsWw1TdcNY3XItgT2ku0Q0oI3D8a_P8RMEif_2dXhkuURhuXuqX9XisV3PYYN6DIvO_lwKs

If I knew then how precipitous my relationship with the Byzantines would be, I may never have married my lovely wife the then betrothed Princess Anthousa Isauros. Ah… regrets.

eL-PICdmP0ssdJjSYSBn7QYmwZPNPy5tY2SmaFiz2Bqb_2PxgQLpb0irSsMuYk_AXm8aPrZXIlUuaofrSQtTLU962r6TJ0nln11Q4s9ZcRlCSl4O8l_7t6iHlYYTuR3OC0jZ3cJp

Yet this was a heedy time for my small county, we were inundated with travelers along the red sea, including two notable individuals, my first Court Physician and later friend Bekele
CfaWVj7m1GJpjTTleImlOrCV1StVUX-L8cJ20t7eX-nLbUByxXga78rnLMvMlhS9hBf8zAoGeloMbbnQ0lfRpHiKxw0CUdzsdIWwvD4bybLY0f7vAp70ZTAK6wO3xUe3L3kcgdnJ

And the ravenous enchantress that became the true love of my live, Abrihet. We met in passing, she was just a thin slip of a girl… perhaps it is because my Betrothed was still on her journey from Constantinople… perhaps I am just weak… but when she flashed me that smile, part taunt, part tease, part promise… I knew I had to have her.

p3AhFVRM-y4pYVKkJMYu0P1rThr3cyarUd2kCRaRGZ3N01Tfcj_kNvhaz1Rfo2pdz8brlVJADCO_4AfyJyeHhl072unDLCA9Hh_XqEyAUjaTuaVmrWcdTa8-uL_loe72bp-zjNf8

Yet peace and love were to be in short supply, for in the horizon there lay horror. The first indication of which was my son Wedem's sickness, and not only that but my friend and physician Bekele treated him without my consent! A treatment that failed and led to my son becoming ever more infirm!

H3QFRlQgqd22t3076VKE0KGmKFwL1F_Z5gjrjtAO6ro24I1S06HyYVNkdqY7zF7OUiFmdtA4cLn7fpa-AR0FGIvH0Na-3NolT5FyldNVzokHvVcI14JQz2bL1YPqp7MkYOtQdE1F

After delivering even further woe came messengers from my King, and shortly thereafter the neighboring realm of Harer.
RPsxjmeWbBy20FnGWaNDyBRYaZ9h1--rsxDG994WX-yBmE1i_8FuNUsSvs6P6mmHYm59oWxQEaBf0qIQnObETMKEFN72SHhyXq2uVUa9v4vJ4MsdQjwY4hMbgq40ocn-zio_rVte

The self-styled King of Semien decided that serving beneath a greater king was beneath him when our liege Oda Gosh generously offered him his protection. I said madness, Uncle Oda said war. Perhaps emboldened by the hope that Semien would occupy Oda’s forces the nearby capricious ruler of Harer launched an unprovoked assault, with the desire to occupy all territory in the de jure duchy of Afar. The fools underestimated us, as if my father and I would allow our territory to be taken by such an crass attack. We would unite, and drive the Emir from our lands ourselves!

My father however failed to respond to my call to arms, in fact… he said I had no official right to call upon him at all! Despite being the Marshal… my very own father refused my summons! Instead he listened to his closest advisors who claimed that even together we would only be able to raise at most 500 troops in the field, to the enemies almost one thousand. He remained behind his walls where his palace and city guards along side his army granted him a sizable garrison.

However, I never was quite fond of my father, that is until he passed many years later and I understood that his wisdom would be something I greatly missed. Yet at the moment I was incensed and invigorated. War was something to be aggressively pursued, not left to knock upon your door as it wishes. As I was debating what course to take, the Arwadid Emirs in the north consolidated their grasp on the Arabian peninsula and joined the war against us. With nearly a thousand more troops beginning to ferry from across the channel time was running out.

Thusly only a decisive offense would work for me. Push the Emir off balance until my liege could finish off the forces of Semien and come to my rescue. I raised what troops I could spare, around nearly two hundred and thirty of my finest men and we attacked. While forces from Harer besieged and looted my very home, I took the Emirs offer of war and brought it to his lands.

DWwsopQvcYQpLQJuPiNWSHcQNx1_pUgyNHeayUgIzlERUBQTvNJKlXZBn-optiBZGXt_74SfIh97QkxigEjM83BADlkN7i_ByY24fbtkU9SPVdd_Wj3eL__U3UXXGn_o9uj2clJA

Tales of hope! With the Emir rapidly losing control of his ancestral homelands, my forces were emboldened by news of victory from the King, Semien has been freed from the brutal tyranny of it’s Petty-lord. Armies of Abyssinia were on their way to the East to join us on our assault. Let the combined Harer/Arwadid forces sit in the ruins of my castle and home. They would find no glory to be found there, as other independent Miaphysite rulers came to our defense. Our combined union quickly taught Harer that the best shield is indeed a great blow delivered by the justice of God.

mZwNAhQTDZKAJYoD3NjhRnYekw_4U4xnLtnSqyE2yXGga5A0MszA-tVwU2D-2rqEOnCbqnJRNJiKSeArRjouJxw2U7x0D3rZHtgoyHbCe-9xVbXmLMlxzgmhnFy7GTV4sXtTHxR6

The Emir would shortly thereafter sue for peace, which our King granted in his compassionate benevolence.

-------------

The account trails off illegibly from here, and with torn segments...

Last edited:
After a series of ruined pages, the story of Wededem becomes readable once more.

------------
22nd June 774 Anno Domino

The embers of war remain dim, yet there are those who wish to see the furnace glow brightly with fire and flame. To those individuals I request understanding, for you see war is much akin to farming. After one reaps a harvest you can not plant again, and again and expect positive results. Eventually even the land surrenders to the vagaries of time. We men are much the same, you can’t use us as though we are a hammer to be worked until broken and then replaced. We are instead a resource whose value increases over time and with experience. Yet to gain that experience we require ever-constant training and vigilance. Thus I approached my recalcitrant Marshal, Oromo.

QogTY9DWjnNhtSI_YwEmUFqdtwnslPGKTaZ-4sQGvsuSlOgtRrk_oshGjWfxJB55ASefCKuZtsWYQjj9kh1648rNwO0h4F1xGPPiTf81STyQYSOevxU6CcLjmdOThbsifBkKC7VR

Little did I know that behind the gruff exterior of a tired and seasoned soldier lay the wisdom of a true advocate of peace. He taught me that to appear strong I must first gain patience. That in using patience I would be able to determine the right individuals for the right positions, that I could observe in others’ eagerness their true vulnerability.

This aided in my relationships across the board, I was able to deftly weave my life between my wife and lover. Though sadly my time spent with Countess Anthousa left me without a legitimate heir. Abrihet however was quite fruitful. Though I am unsure of how many of her children are mine, I am certain that Iskinder is. Being recently bereft of the loss of my first-born Wedem I required an heir. Indeed in those days I thought of little but of my legacy and making sure my line endured.

m0A2ErOm4a1D9_1fRevWBZdabkFPZ7nu8yFR7XRic3kN47-Q1y3_vAe13LliJrbVfEZgPmWfpz4UmufBhdAPCN6vsFzUaFRusWztjQKIS9ONB7tUgBeR_GVkpdKBueFbzPJeCrTw

It was during this time that my relationship with my wife grew strained. She was inexplicably upset by both my confirmation of my affair with Abrihet and my legitimization of Iskinder. It’s unfortunate that she did not know her place, but being like any normal man in my time I simply grabbed her by the crotch and moved her.

fSpGi8yYBHjsvY_cwcUXvmrz9fe3biDNMMyadgPZH4_6QH7cerPAoC11aT6hKzVGLpcrrSu05jppnAN2b0NfMCWBoryRv_rD3D5WbGlUiOZUjLntd1gPSTp45QshySFiZTatMKeY

I know, I know, not my greatest moment. Yet in my defense, she was trying to make me change my mind on religion… and more importantly women’s rights were a bit sparse back then. Indeed it would be another twenty years before the law in the land recognized that women were in fact not chattel to their husbands and fathers. When people ask why it took me so long to stand up for the women in my life I just said “politics”. That’s what I said whenever I had to do something disgusting, frankly.

It was after feeling emasculated by my wife like this that I felt I needed to stand up for my rights, even against the King! Unfortunately, his Majesty confronted me right after making… discreet inquiries on how to change to a policy of succession by seniority. I swore I had no such intentions, and quickly executed the messengers I did not use. Just in case. Family is family, but power is Power.

OW_Ndf-8-GkvMUFU_B8PYkq9dn5hoi3zPpI1rTHwD7NbdFqnNts6oHkeO43ZAsySRw9XX0VWBSsh93gZ5WGwcOX0Z44ebBuc8yZUpCtMJQV71-uWHCOI4ftfgbnd-p-WB34Re0Cp

It was during this time that I took Oromo’s advice and began to study foreign lands. I began with my wife’s home, Byzantium. Rome, what a wonderful place… in theory. As all such realms are wont to do it fell into corrupt ways and thoughts, it’s very power and ascent to glory only seemed to later encourage its descent into wantonness. Rome expanded beyond its capabilities and seemed to divide at its seams near-constantly. Honestly, to me it’s remarkable it managed to stay together that long. How exactly did they manage to do that? An ever idling upper class managed to stay afloat on the backs of their lessers with naught but promises of a better future that never arrived. As nature would have it… eventually people noticed; Ambitious individuals, Generals and leaders of men who worked their way to the top through sheer dedication and will. These men asserted themselves through force, bending the fates to their tunes. Usually a lacking lullaby of liberty, learning, and loyalty followed by a deplorable ditty of death, destruction, and desolation.

Rome was a phoenix, dying in furious blazes and then reigniting in glorious fashion time and time and again. It however… led to a legacy of pain. Countless peoples, cultures and tribes were uprooted, destroyed, transformed by the might of Rome. Our greatest threat, perhaps, the Abbasids are the self-proclaimed inheritors of Persia, even going to far as to make Baghdad their capital. The Abbasids… what can I say about them… butting heads with the Byzantines over every square inch of their contested borders. Creating ever stringent rules and regulations for their Empire. They formed in a revolution not over 60 years ago, and yet already I had heard of comments of unrest in the farmlands and cities of Egypt.

It was these rumors of unrest that sent me back to train with Oromo, feeling spurned both by family both at home and at the capitol I threw myself into our sessions. Meanwhile I heard of aggression by the Arwadid emirate, which was making moves just to the north of our realm. Apparently word of this got around to the King, who decided to test not just me but all of the nobles in our holy kingdom in preparation for what I wondered. I attended, of course, and did quite well. Better than anyone had expected of me considering my past lack of success in strategy or melee.

OX8h7SrnUGVCGQsroB5-jUCHl6YqcYJ_IUudh5oqWyS0lYINyZXSFUfuQSIhoU_eD3eU03Vwr26UMgsAnZHTAUbhoLGbw47_u47VtNUpsq9JYP7OPRWd7YiCFfDZAaorZ5aVPngH

After the tournament was over I retreated into my studies. I avoided all, my wife, my lover, my kids, and became closer to Oromo than I have ever been with anyone before or since. Together we stayed up nights as I read from Aeneas, Ptolemy, Vegetius, Caeser, and the De munitionibus castrorum. Reading of real heroes and leaders, their strategy and tactics… and perhaps most importantly about logistics. Strange that, how little most of military men of Abyssinia discuss the basic aspects of how to move men from one place to another, how to house them, how to feed them, how to bathe and wash them, how to prevent disease and maintain the health of our men.

i303Eudrbg_qMfwHF5-tg3nszbc71fKtpu4VbzZifcAq87gCStsdg9jlW_lG0k2PS2ZNXEkmgsBWcvWWRlUs2clQ5QeEp55J_2ZfaIDRYujsfBJrQVKFtsCRpmO-h-EQjAOLG5gp

Together Oromo and I each discovered many applications of military wisdom, and sought to encourage and assist each other for the betterment of the land.

OyOdGd441xLh4-YELtqOtpJhpT9i4JsEZwzcQuET5HAoqzBGa8Vdqh0HkOBue_b5j9YxayiZPSMsXU-jfSbOMYAkeVB2J2DQLQaf9x9mcrminJJzb6kuMqNBV1gmbKt5f1CYzhhc

Some of that improvement came with a cost though. For justice to mean anything, there must be consequences.

OD1vg4jh10v0TTJW0RZEJSgIlA_pG8DjelFdSCP9LjxXhdEnFQjJjQNg98Znr4uHdtX0rgpmGKgRAssv_4ni3kt0y1o31U7i1IaHAR9tLkjOZSaf6Fv08YSAYKBWiL4gcViZkxiI

It was amidst my studying and self-improvement that I came to an unfortunate truth. Corruption can take place anywhere, even in the most holiest of places. Due to a spree of deadly outbreaks in Alexandria, the supposed capital of our Church, we lost a series of 6 Popes by this point with 5 more destined for untimely demises. Thus we had no more senior priests than a 29 year old self-proclaimed pervert. Known for his predilection to just kiss random men he comes up to (sometimes going so far as to fondle them openly in public, whilst sticking his tongue rudely down their throats, without even asking permission first!) Pope Simeon II went so far as to proclaim "I just do what feels natural, you know? When you are a Priest you can just go up to people men or women, though I prefer men because they aren't expecting it you know? and I like to make people feel good with a random undesired kiss. Make them feel valued. I prefer married men most of all"

CuYjKlbjpg_umxZ6JaKXnV-gPCYA4XFBGrnqykN2mXG1fNjVdKi3feVkj9endWtGSx-bkGXsFYJbaPt5xmf1lLFVwNRyeHcpooreI6PxBhyQvjGhMWPEWRN2W2BSfLyWoN0YZwPC

Yet I had no time to dwell on the corruption of our Church, for the King had summoned me. For what purpose, I know not… yet I was still his Marshal, at least on record - for he rarely requested my advice or skills in the field- perhaps he had something of a martial nature to discuss.

gXgBrrje8SXqeYrVRVJugvSlLjYznzoIfFgCy5cgBXXT7c6FPmYmdYueHpGjjCskNaAGdxhhTS-UOsRssXGHGGVMCVSWSc5oPL7RfpgQ6_bwJu-WNMp-HNEuceczz-vCQ4TyqTa1

It turned out that beyond my wildest thoughts King Oda Gosh the Holy (following our unholy Popes ascension to the seat of Alexandria he was anointed by our Kingdom’s patriarch and frankly the celibate bastard deserved some recognition for his abstinence and dedication to our faith) had planned to attack Harer for the remaining provinces of Afar, of which my very own lands were a part of. Rather than listen to my inner doubts - what if the Abbasids turn their attention our way, what if the Arwadids intervened, what if, what if, what if- I took my recently learned lessons and instead dived deeply into work. Work and effort which paid off, after several minor engagements I felt that my efforts finally were being of benefit.

c4SK2F9srSFM9Do7AqPNZKp3tXUlPBJ4Pij__JraX7lMDWZtKU8vVkQsr4iq7fEGiLhlLvEMwIDhTMEIddC72yyPieQTytmSy7WTZMGxFiXhX_rY2VwJ9CM-Ev-r9N48Tuzwt-di

0xlhAfsSSarIw0jTKVgg-IBYrAAU2DhjQ20so8Sf8-y3PbljXgsGnzENrNNlm9ZymwXLIRcg9eBn0wTi_7m87_k4qx-X_T0wqQt-PVeYQtk-6dKF-ItIOl0Y3bDmPkt9A_VrJjyO

So much so that while leading the men one of my generals, a Commander Hakeem of the Assabian regulars, jokingly challenged me to a spear throwing competition.

6hMZ-kyKaZlXlXLcdo4OPaxQnZbreWY5S0DLQhRt61CZ7-GvDN3hRocMCOUfOlld9k8cvF0yPxI6Hggm2NNdj2rpQer_h7YP0xZLdC4sQKPhbxPT8hItvQrBzpZc9Xt9p3FIxkMm

ApmC2Kz4o2pjuifWGSsiUdWhPSLU3m2yNOUSYzFxD8tJImi-LsrNQfYphGR99qK33aOBVIo7pZcF02Mj_8G7v_ZDXzMEWqJorAdSpqJLbkdLsxUdaKuUS424mLmVaMM1mtI9KjUU

A thoroughly enjoyable night that was, I remember it well even though I was not the champion; Hakeem, the devil, had been throwing spears twice as far since he was but a child! It was one of the last times all my generals and spear brethren were together. Fondly…

YpH_f1V5CxxFPnYkxuHftspFb-uhoEvC2kX5UOC6T7FaGzNCAuQeAyaRjb91Z5vqSD9fcVpHbyb4OMIbgTkUhSjyYw-WPgQBwwbCKpGHDBn4vLya4pA7YrUsSlV_ZrEnbd6c3VYs

Anyways, where was I? I threw myself back into training with a vigor.

3vpcz8UgQusp_e6LXJw2YsjzZ6JdZWi-AhVf9VXeGrWJ4am7qrqHBv0ohy2pqsbnEQ5v4vE1mfcnmTeBKvp0yp_WnTA2tUr0giY9JjA_FKqFhr8hNHPhNSc_WjhuJRfl4QYmy-RJ

Trading blows with my friends and guards, my soldiers and generals were all willing to train side by side, and together we became a force to be reckoned with. Or as Oromo used to call us all, we were the Wreckoners! Hah, Oromo… what a sense of humor.

vqBlshBEj-wI4-QIhc04ZhZ-V0d_mK2EO3K1R6avgEJ0u33b29TSVWW-zWXmRsCzF5lYCg3Hr4O6nWWOoEzYUfmspFIXQ86eDHcL5B60np5pJ6igULCOXhGdeW61tdXF_DdZPhw7

Yet not all was glorious. In fact some things were going very poorly for us. For every battle I won, King Oda’s other commanders failed battle after battle… even surrendering my castle while I was off salvaging the mess at the front. In a fit of desperation I sent my uncle the King a letter promising to train his commanders in a better method of war.

dUCGd3qM-DTYeV2ltuXmUHIcpxFpa76j13Dpufle8ugYP1gUI7SUilO15RvexGDIyOIs6MDCAlEQAH6hcjGmd0VTQFSTFMD_L--gBzATLoMaa1r9lv1YOwTqoMYPCqaEBjm62C2B

He happily accepted, and promised to grant me a boon in the future. I managed to work with his more capable commanders and use our superior numbers (for no one besides a beleagued and undermanned Berbera came to their aid) and prosecute a quick ending to the war. It was during these days that my wife sent a letter to me and announced she was pregnant, not just pregnant but nearly bursting at the belly with child!

RANAGqL1S7MBffS6niI_utRl32Cgo7R5dY1GQYAXCHKobTpZ-FYsgeR1yyor9SmLzAzVM0YqFf9WwkD0hWSJxnhvIeWaNX_PEAaiFueC1xFc1g9JAHjape2YRenbuftdRU-VzDNk

It turned out that my first true-born child was a girl, a cherubic angel. We named her Mimi, after the Jewish nanny who delivered her called her “Mimi” as she held her, which apparently meant “Wished for child”. Despite it’s origins we felt it was an appropriate and destined name. It was however great sadness which followed.

-VCiRChMMcKSxCv7FptWdDmY24iYeLC4H4FW2P1KZQmAnX-0rjJybWhEfDMTvdO2Lq0QhSyOha8_smprnhla_CdTnuHGY7iiU4qUbAiBjkBxVQfUivx7gvZIhZ3Gqd2TIPCXQVBp
Anthousa was never the same. While we may never have loved each other, we certainly respected and aided one another. She was always willing and digilent, a bit cynical and paranoid perhaps, but she counterbalanced my inherently trusty nature… saving me from great wroth and disappointment in others. Yet she secluded herself in her rooms, and isolated herself from all our court except for entertainers to keep her somewhat content.

In her absence further disaster struck, and when I needed her the most… she was nowhere to be found.

88rbvUBPhz2DUpaM99LvhefENeDShUuTkZnJV8EKMge_STa2JgNFS-HvSwA8r4rq8Fwuyx6lKoUoyvPxSCY8W7meizQNWHIYdv_lyr2OlGjmz3tQsr8QpWIbWKhAuFX9ciEyWOUt

liAAEGb62qPxp0O7XrMZH4WxIsHABeEZj6AwAZNWR0ApjOAEQ6G2pir-hQEKtfofdGTIvYz70W0B1qyBAc5r5k8XossIaS-jwLFx4M2VSWPPWSmiool7gytA_TK3yfncBIQ7AM9W

--------------
the rest of the document is missing... where is it? I must dig through this rubble and discover more! Perhaps if some people commented on it as is, I would have a clearer idea of where to go! As it stands I will dig through this history as I see fit.

Last edited:
Hahah, well I was an actual history major (specialized in medieval european history!) and can tell you that everything ends up as rubble sooner or later. I'm... HOPING to continue this onto Eu4 (I hope the converter is all up to date, I heard there were issues in the past) but I may not.

Things are... definitely getting intense with my dynasty right now. I'm not entirely sure what to post here and whether or not to continue to give as much detail, or go into bigger-picture/more interesting events and skip over something like... kids being born, rulers training... but I'm creating this as though it was a history of a nation from a certain point of view (currently the first ruler, I'm now onto his grandson in the game proper) which may or may not change perspectives as I go on (from First to third, etc etc). I'm also worried because I have 3 powers right beside me, plus my own king(s) who doesn't really listen to me anymore. It's getting rough. I'm thinking I might have to go move to the Maldives if the situation gets much more rough.

Uh. Drinking is a helluva thing. I totally forgot to post because well, I got home drunk. Sigh. Anyyways... I'll be sure to work that into one of my characters. Long story short, I'm on the next section (writing it now, posting shortly) I'm going to use the "Spoiler"/hidden tags so that way the SS don't kill everyone when loading the page (I don't know, someone might have limited bandwidth or a connection still in 1995)

This next section is the final piece for my first character. I'm now on his... Great-Great-Great something. I think. I lost track. One of you can look it up haha. What has happened is a series of events... I kept hoping for the best but bad things happened, I build my realm and of course my biggest opposition is really internal. I can defeat most of the external threats when I unite behind my King, but my King has consistently been paranoid about ALL of my characters. So.. that's come to ahead and forced me down a path I did not necessarily want to take, but it was either now... or never.

I'm trying to play each character according to how I think they would act in any given circumstances (someone who is frail/craven is more likely to choose coward-ish options or refuse to confront someone, even if he should). Luckily, despite all the negative stuff that kept happening, I've thrived. In a crazy world. (Small update - the Aztecs arrived. Though I think they may have wished they didn't - the Khaganate of Khazaria is... well, the strongest realm in the game right now and actually has territory in France, Germany and almost all of Europe. The Abbasids got weak, and then much stronger... the map is kind of blobbing up (either in response to me... or lucky leaders).

Having an unpredictable game so far... Will post more sooN!

Last edited: