• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mikolin

Recruit
7 Badges
Aug 7, 2019
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
I propose an update of natural disasters that could order which units / bases act in an incident, be able to use fire trucks for example in forest fires, the user being the one to order to act and that a strategy can be made when acting in a forest fire. This would increase the appeal for more types of players who like emergency simulators.

Upvote 0
Either that, or the closest building with available vehicles is the one that responds instead of the one that's on the other side of town.

there is a mod for that

What's the name?

There was "District Service Limit"
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=649522495
but it is no longer maintained.

It appears that "Geli-Districts v3.0" is the current replacement.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=927293560

I already tried using DSL and it didn't do what I want it to do. What it does is force you to cover your entire city in a district and then limits your service buildings to only work in the district they're located in. What I'm looking to have happen is the closest service building with available vehicles to respond whether it's in a/the district or not. Plus from the comments it seems it doesn't work right with the Campus DLC.

GDv3 seems like it's a bit closer to what I'd like as, according to the description, it allows for service buildings outside of a district to work inside a district if they're needed. I still wonder though if you still have the issue of the responding building being on the other side of the city instead of the one that's right outside of the district.

More to the point Mods don't help console users, as someone who plays both PC and PS4 Mods don't help the whole community, not to mention people who's 'rig' isn't suitable to support 20 thousand mods

More to the point Mods don't help console users, as someone who plays both PC and PS4 Mods don't help the whole community, not to mention people who's 'rig' isn't suitable to support 20 thousand mods
more to the point, what makes you think that if your underpowered computer can't support 20,000 mods that your computer will be able to handle the same functions if they are built into the base game? if some features require more computational power adding it in the base game or as a mod will take the same processing power, it is arguable that if built into the basegame the processing power would be slightly reduced but it will still require more processing power and likely exceed the published system requirements of the game so will render your computer unable to play the game.

more to the point, what makes you think that if your underpowered computer can't support 20,000 mods that your computer will be able to handle the same functions if they are built into the base game? if some features require more computational power adding it in the base game or as a mod will take the same processing power, it is arguable that if built into the basegame the processing power would be slightly reduced but it will still require more processing power and likely exceed the published system requirements of the game so will render your computer unable to play the game.
I really added that weak PC bit because it occurred to me some people may be in that position, I suppose you're right, my primary point was regarding people on console, who most likely are making suggestions or agreeing/commenting on them on this forum and are likely not entirely pleased with the "there's a mod for that" response that doesn't help them at all.

this is the Steam versions suggestions forum, so mods are applicable here.