"Name in the Game" recreated as custom prisoner interface

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Red Earth

Colonel
51 Badges
Jun 22, 2015
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Stellaris
I propose the discontinued Name in the Game feature be recreated as an in-game interface with more features.

As it was, you could pick a name, appearance, and biography for your prisoner. However the biography rarely matched the crimes they were in for. From my experience, they were usually low risk prisoners, possibly because someone who put themselves in the game might be offended if they were then depicted as a kidnapper, rapist, torturer, murderer, and payed $10 for the privilege.

Anyway, I would suggest at least allowing us to pick traits for custom prisoners since reputations, crimes, and some needs are generated from traits.

Maybe allow for setting severity of needs or if they have the optional ones.

Have reputation settings of yes/no/maybe with "maybe" leaving it up to the game to decide partly at random based on their traits.

Crimes: seems like traits could decide these well enough if the players are told which traits generate which crimes. I don't personally feel the need to set specific crimes, sentences, pleas. If one could, it should probably need to match what their traits are. Unless you wanted to allow for innocent prisoners by allowing us to give them crimes that don't match their traits.

Upload them to the workshop? It might get a little crowded if each was uploaded individually, but might be okay if they go up as a set. I know I'd like to make sets of prisoners from TV shows. I've already done Samantha "Root" Groves from Person of Interest and I am itching to do the whole team.

Upvote 0
I went into a little more detail in this post, but yes, I would very much like to be able to fiddle with my population and add some characters based on my friends, family, and favorite fictional characters. I know that you can buy a profile in the game, and I think this is awesome for a number of reasons, but I also don't think it should be the only way to get custom characters into the game -- just because I would like to see my group of friends or my favorite comic-book villains as part of my prison (or my favorite comic-book heroes as staff) doesn't mean that I would want to make them public content; it's just for my personal enjoyment.

Would be nice to have a little set of custom characters that you can mess with, and that enter your prison in various ways, and that have specific sets of traits and specific appearances (from a set of default appearances and/or your own invented character sprite pieces, which'd allow you to make e.g. the Avengers, the Person of Interest gang, the Criminal Minds gang, the cast of Breaking Bad, and a set of characters based on My Little Pony, if you cared to).

I found it hilarious when someone put in one of history's worst people, like hitler, and a bio on how many people they killed. And ingame, it shows them in prison for Videogame piracy.