• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ModDayScenario2

Banned
2 Badges
Sep 26, 2012
  • Darkest Hour
  • 500k Club
The PUTIN mod.
A new version of modern day scenario for 2016

With the arrival of russian forces in Syria in 2015, a very interesting strategic situation has developed in the middle east. The mod starts in June 01, 2015.

I'm using the E3 map, more units to suit today's type of warfare (using terrorists and irregular troops), to create a whole new scenario. After months of hard toil, this mod is almost ready for release.

MfG3aAK.jpg

MAP: mumia
GRAPHICS: MrNazar, sanmartijn
MOVIE: JulianSol
EVENTS: JulianSol, Hirz, Lichy1987, novapaddy, derekg36, korsteeni.
CONTRIBUTIONS:
SniperX53
Captain Julius
MRLevenstein
derekg36
GermanPower
commanderx
SoulofDarknes
Korsteeni
Andrey1984
Galbatorix994
kemalreyis
battles25
HerderII
Slavan_89
camael
Mato1
Khor
strategymad3500
Prinnt
ALVASV
gjerg kastriot
mumia
Chico Bioca
JulianSol
Hrvat104
Hirz
mipus123
bestGameDark
zefilron
borrowski4
meemman
Lichy1987
emperor raspou
nizyn
Black_Scythe
Tera Brandford
Pippo Franchino

Modder/Skiffs/Sprites: novapaddy

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: I am very grateful to hansnery for the use of his Turning Point mod version of the E3 map, this gave me most of the modern country borders and saved lots of work. I am also grateful for his permission to use the graphics from the TP mod, done originally by MrNazar.

AorxN43.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS:

A 16-bit movie is very difficult to get to work these days, and JulianSol did a great job overcoming lots of difficulties, to deliver a great movie. There is only one problem. When the movie finishes, it gives this error on the screen. Simply key Enter to get past it to the game.

TaGhKdB.jpg

ONE MORE THING:

You play the game and you save it. When loading your save-game, you will occasionally encounter an error. If the game looks it is has frozen, simply key i and Enter, to bypass the error. This error is a bug and no-one knows what is causing it.

I have tested the mod, loaded save-games, played that save-game, saved again, and loaded that saved save-game and the mod has run with no problems.

Extract the mod using 7zip, as it was packed using 7zip. Beware of a mod folder within a mod folder. Just ensure you have the correct folder to put into the dh/Mods folder.

IMPORTANT:

The Turning Point mod (E3 map) recommended using the 4GB patch. See: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

I have used it and have had no problems with it whatsoever.

It might help with your pc's memory dealing with all those 8000 provinces in the E3 map.

Extract it and then open. It will ask for a file, choose Darkest Hour.exe (not the Launcher).

April 11th, 2016
.................................................................................................................................................

Version 5 of the mod is released. Please delete the previous version as this version is very different. Monitor Resolution is 1366 x 768 instead of 1920 x 1200 as before.

Version 5:
Fix:
please copy and paste the attached file into db/events/PUTINfolder.

MEGA:

LINK: https://mega.nz/#!O9BxlDDY!LXBwWduDp4OFK2uTMcPbCMCRT-JEmYVhlbsZvHjFshY

MEDIAFIRE:

LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download/698uwlvb6ev1bmx/PutinModver5.7z

Attachments

• isis.txt
    51,1 KB · Views: 1.851
Last edited:
Reactions:
HISTORY:

THIS IS THE OLD VERSION

Modern Day Scenario 2 for Darkest Hour version 1.03. RC3

Mod has been re-ported again, to Darkest Hour 1.03 RC3.
All other versions of this mod are now withdrawn and will not be supported.

YOU MUST delete version 2.1, or any previous versions of this mod before you install version 2.2.
Version 2.2 is totally different from the previous versions of MDS2.

NEW LINK: removed, no longer available
Extract the mod using 7zip as it was packed using 7zip.
Extract the mod to your Mods folder in DH main folder. Meaning the mod will sit inside a folder called MDS2 which contains all the files for the mod totally separately from the DH main game, and that MDS2 folder inside the Mods folder of DH.

######################################

Version DH 1.03 RC2 version 0:
Removed thousands of errors caused by missing tech pics, text and csv file errors.
This was done in preparation for the port to RC2.
There were no tech pics in this mod whatsoever. Added 504 tech pics.

Much Obliged to nomonhan from the Cold War Extension for AOD, which provided some of the tech pics.
Much Obliged to jimian, who provided the latest MDS2 version, which was used as a basis for future work (this).
Much Obliged of course to CocoBZ who did the 2012 DH map.
Much Obliged to Bizon for his EventTextToCSVExtractor program,
Vince for city pics, and RumpNissen for flags etc.
...........which made the task of managing event texts so much easier to do.

Mod has now been ported now to DH 1.03, RC2.
Updated generic decisions to reflect modern times, and re-did some graphics to suit.
Hold on battle casualties for the moment.
Can now use normal DH-size event pics, no longer limited to hoi2-style pics.
Lag issue remains untouched, for the moment.

Much Obliged to the DH Devs for Darkest Hour, and the many past and on-going contributors to this mod,
who have worked hard to make it an enjoyable mod to play in Darkest Hour.

Link removed as the version below is the current version.

########################################################################################################
This is the latest version.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I spent 12 hours trying to upload this current release to filesmelt, but the connection kept dropping. I then tried speedy, below. I was not aware that they would seek guys to pay for this service.

My upload limit has been reached for this month. We need guys who have already downloaded this version, to generously re-upload the version so others can play too.

Version DH 1.03 RC2 version 1.3a:

FIX: The falkland event file needs to be replaced. Please extract this single file and put it in your db/events folder and overwrite when asked.

FIX 2: Please follow the instructions in the file.

###################################################################################

Version DH 1.03 RC2 version 1.2:
Managed by novapaddy. This mod could do with more help.

March 2013, novapaddy again.
With help from CocoBZ, Guglie_, gamer5-6, Xie, OttomanMaster, jimian, Hirz and many others who have contributed to this version.
Apologies if I have left you out. Let me know, and I can add you later. :)
new version MDS2_RC2_v1.2

Added battle casualties for land units, so far
Added new sprites (gamer5-6)
Added new units/divs/brigades
Added/extended/moved techs on tech screen
Had to keep old way of doing units, as too much work (models) to re-do from scratch again.
Now using new extended DH counter strip (new units)
Added brigade pics (none before)
Totally re-did unit parameters, and added more, as per DH rc2.
Added/amended new DH Graphics, so enlarged unit build area, also allows for larger unit pics
Added new skiffs for new units.
Totally re-did the AI, and simplified it. Much better on test.
Added new quotes (Xie and Jimian). Some edited to get them to fit better.
Began looking into the Lag issue. With all events switched off, it remains???
Removed the CIT scenario, as it was messed up and not finished. It can be re-added.

Version DH 1.03 RC3 version 2.2:

April 2013, still controlled by novapaddy. LAG IS GONE!

DH RC3 final released, so as promised,
I began a total re-port of the mod to this.

Map is now dh full, I mean it is part of DH and not the mod anymore.
Fixed hundreds of errors in the INC files, wrong model level assigned lots of times.
Ported ok, LAG IS GONE! Well if it is still there, it is hardly noticeable.
Adding battle casualties for air and naval units (land done previously).
Changed stats for all units, too cheap.
Added missing skiffs to air assault divs.
Totally re-did the IC for the top 50 countries.
With the advice of Myrten, added tool tips, and did new backgrounds for them.
Added new techs from gamer5-6.
Fixed LArm techs.
Lots of minor fixes mentioned by players, fixed.
On the advice of Arcangelus, removed some repetitive event files, as not needed any more.
Darkest Hour has 85 playable countries, while MDS2 had 197! Reduced the number!

Much Obliged to general o connor and cobra for the use of their sprites.
gamer5-6 tried to contact you regarding using your sprites, but was unable to obtain permission.
We use the sprites in the hope and belief that you wouldn't mind anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Dito! Thank you for your work.

How can I update my game to 1.03v? Currently I run my game on Steam, and it shows my DH at version 1.02 which in turn is propping up 1.03v of MDS2 to not work properly.

EDIT: Sorry, I found it and got it working. However, is the solution of the LAG problem still being fixed, because I still have it? Thanks for the great update anyway?

Last edited:
Just wondering, is China having no leaders WAD?

I tried it out before with the 1.02 version of this mod, and again in 1.03 version. In both versions, China has no leaders.

Also, In the exit screen, It just says Comintern, Axis and Allies instead of NATO, etc etc.

Just wondering, is China having no leaders WAD?

I tried it out before with the 1.02 version of this mod, and again in 1.03 version. In both versions, China has no leaders.
No, it's not. The problem is that the files china.csv and taiwan.csv are not loaded. Open leaders.txt (in the db folder) and add the lines (in no particular order):
china.csv
taiwan.csv

Then it will work. The files itself are fine, as I tried putting the leaders into the file of other country and worked perfectly.

Also, In the exit screen, It just says Comintern, Axis and Allies instead of NATO, etc etc.
Not this again. Didn't I posted a fix for this already?
http://www.mediafire.com/?bdv8yt9mha2fizs
The file in question is text.csv . The other files there were mean to allow an USA victory in a reasonable time frame, but I still don't check the changes made by novapaddy, so maybe is better of you ignore them for now. Keep a copy of the original file just in case.

Numbers

Hey this is Great this is the best mod but in the next version can you please include personal numbers because at the moment it doesn't say i so glad this mod is out great job thanks from Blackbeard rrr

I looks the mod and sses Trinidad and Tobago used Uganda ministers here Presidents and prime-ministers http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Trinidad_and_Tobago ,HoS of Vanuatu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_Vanuatu HoG of Vanuatu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Vanuatu ,Tonga's HoS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_monarchs_of_Tonga Tonga's HoG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Tonga ,Tanzaina HoS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidents_of_Tanzania HoG of Tanzania http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Tanzania , Swazilan HoS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kings_of_Swaziland Swaziland HoG http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Swaziland
Pavel Grachev life dates January 1, 1948 – September 23, 2012
Again need very careful porting CocoBZ's fix of ministers and oher ministers addings
Hmmm...i use cheats nofog and fullcontrol and found its -> someone NOMODEL's not fixed,just use this cheats and you see,and bomber sprites and fighter sprites not correct sees -> this sprites sees white sprites not correct and color
And if you need to found more bugs change in settings.cfg this words(change one number to two):
1 # Extra debug logs (savedebug.txt): 0 = disabled, 1 = enabled, 2 = enabled + extra map statistics

Last edited:
Alright guys, I just wanted to let you all know that I'm finally back. :p

I'll post some more information later today, when I've got more free time to write a big post. (I've had one hell of a day today. I've got a 6 inch crack in my radiator :( )

I have played with the European Union a few months and I can say two things:
1) First, the event of unification works perfectly.
2) I do not know if it is only my game, but everybody in Europe was revolting every-time; not only the EU but Spain or Austria too.

PD: I know this is not the place, but you know if the 1914 scenario of DH works til 1964? or if WW2 will start even in case of Germany victory?

I wasn't sure if I should post this here on in the other tread, so I just choose the smaller one.
This file contains several correction to the leader and minister files (tested this time), fixed cabinet for every European country plus some others and some minor correction to several files (and a modification to the USA invading AI... if anyone want to use it).
http://www.mediafire.com/?77ueb2ba48vkkzk

EDIT: One thing: my file contains a fix for the Romanian minister file, but I would prefer the use of this instead:
Why? Cause I fix it without checking if someone did it first, and I didn't made modification beyond that (apparently he did)

Last edited:
Before I start, I would like to once again thank everyone for their hard work on the mod. :) I don't really know how to start this, so I'll just make a list.

1. With the crashing issue we have had in previous versions of the mod, I will try to test any new additions much more and try to get multiple people to test it if possible. I don't want the mod to become unstable again.

2. I have Paul Hanson's modifed Industrial Capacity file and I am working on implementing it now. When I do get it finished, I would like several people to test it if they have the time. I'm also converting the Infrastructure values to roughly what the MDS2 values were.

3. I'm not very familiar with this new version of the mod and all of the fixes that have been implemented. I am also not that familiar with which person is working on which issues, although Novapaddy did give me a general overview.

4. I've seen Novapaddy mention github a couple times. I've briefly looked at the website, and it looks promising. I've had problems in the past with trying to manage different files from different people, and it looks like a good solution.

5. I am also aware that there are many other bugs that need to be fixed. I'm going to try and list all of them that have been reported in the Bug reporting thread(and others) so that we know what is wrong and if it has been fixed. Please forgive me if I don't respond to bugs immediately, I'm still trying to get my bearings on what needs to be fixed.

Novapaddy has given me the password to the "ModDayScenario2" Account and several admins also have the password in case something happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.