• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

olupien

Captain
75 Badges
Feb 5, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • March of the Eagles
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Rome Gold
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome
  • War of the Roses
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
CKII: Pharaohs & Consuls Alpha Release

m7NQghq.jpg

So, You tired of competing with the Karlings and the Abbasids yet? Yearning for the chance to test yourself against Assyrians, Babylonians, or Egyptians?!

Hi all, I am hereby releasing to the public my first alpha for CKII: Pharaohs & Consuls; A total Conversion of CK2 to Antiquity. The mod’s development has been a journey for me so far and is far from finished, but a large amount of work has gone into the first playable bookmark so I do hope you are able to get some enjoyment out of it.

I began this project several years ago as I am a huge fan of Antiquity and it basically represents all of my modding abilities & work so far in CKII, it was my first modding attempt and is still ongoing as I develop my modding skills.

Alpha 0.1A – Release:

Designed and Running on CKII 2.5.2

Checksum with mod enabled: SQDE

The mod has been developed and tested with ALL of the major DLC and the latest patches. It was an early design choice and has been adhered to throughout development, my apologies to those who prefer being able to play without major DLC. It might run while missing certain DLCs, I can’t say as I haven’t tested this functionality. (Cosmetic/Unit pack DLC being present or not shouldn’t cause any issues)

Build Info:

1st Era Bookmark is well-developed and in a playable state: 653 – A Reunited Egypt

The Timeline system in place is AUC, which in latin stands for the year in which Rome was founded. So 0 AUC = 752BC. + 99 years = 653 BC

I chose the year 653 BC as it was quite a “Pivotal” year according to the research I’ve done. Pharaoh Psamtik had just finished pushing the last Nubian and Kushite allied elements from upper Egypt and consolidated his rule over the twin lands. Cimmerian and Scythians are a growing threat to the Medes, Assyrians, and most especially the Kingdom of Lydia. Elam has just finished another war with Assyria and is a critical point which will soon see the Kingdom disintegrate or become a vassal to either the Assyrians or Medes.

The later bookmarks are still VERY WIP and may change, they were established so I could have a brief idea of the major timeline for the mod to follow, they are not really playable.

NOTE: All of Britain, Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, West Africa (Ghana/Mali) are practically untouched so these areas are currently empty. (India is full of placeholders) They will be developed in the future as is possible.

Major Notes:

• Crusades and Jihads have been temporarily disabled.
  • Only a few custom headgear and clothing/hairs have been implemented so far.
  • Many provinces and holdings are still WIP in regards to proper names.
  • Many smaller localisation and gfx issues regarding proper flag images and cultural/religious titles.
  • Casus Belli Revamp is in the works, but the current release version is using vanilla cbs.
  • Overall balancing for buildings, holdings, and vassals etc is still very much WIP.
  • COA’s are almost completely untouched and still require a vast amount of work.
  • “War’s of Foreign Aggression” CB has temporarily replaced Holy Wars and is really just a loc placeholder.
  • Major additions to Ambitions, Plots, and factions is in development (inspired mostly by AGOT and Geheimnisnacht)
  • Music and some artwork are mostly placeholders and used in a creative fashion as this is a not-for-profit modification.

Known Issues:

• CTDs often after quiting from the game over screen.
  • CTDs if attempting to “Return” from the Character selection screen occasionally.
  • Many flags are mixed up atm, I am working on fixing this. (wrong images for Upper/Lower Egypt etc

Special thanks to Galle (Paradox Forums) for a ton of advice and his amazing assistance in the modding process.

Special thanks to Witcher (Paradox Forums) for historical advice and guidance.

Thanks to Kryo (steam) for the integration of his transparent map mod +borders.

Thanks to the Diadochi Kings mod team for allowing me to use their unique font.

Thanks to Diadochi Kings mod team for usage of all assets etc

Thanks to AGOT mod team for the use of several art assets and code examples with integration of ambitions.

Thanks to Illathid and the Geheimnisnacht mod team for several coding examples, general inspirations and hopefully more integration of several gameplay/ui assets in the future.

Thanks to the Magnate lords (apg?) for the concept and idea, I built my own system using his as inspiration, also used a few gfx province pics (temporary placeholders as the system is still being integrated fully in the game -> will mostly be a reduced version of Magnate lords itself.

Special Thanks to my playtesting mates and contributing Devs, and anyone else who may have slipped my mind at the moment.

This mod is in an ALPHA state and is still heavily in development, multiplayer should be stable [within reason, this is CKII ;) ]

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k09x8eeeiczeekk/pharaohsandconsuls01A.rar

Approx Size is 306 MB
Apparently Steam workshop max size is 40mb so I won't be able to upload it to the workshop :\

Mod Installation Instructions:

Simply download the .rar file and extract it to your \Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\

And then checkmark the “Pharaohs & Consuls 0.1Alpha” box in mod section of your Launcher.

>If you encounter any bugs, issues, or general stability problems, please inform me at the Paradox forums at the Topic for the mods development -> https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...d-pharaohs-consuls-alpha-release-0-1a.915069/

-Edited to add some screenshots:
Map
Cultures:
zPPJlw5.jpg

Map
Religions:
HXAbxip.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions:
Ooh, I'm going to follow this one! Can't play right now, but do you have any screenshots? What does the map look like?

Reactions:
Cool, I was ansiously waiting for this :D

Reactions:
Sent a pm about some religion stuff, looks quite good for a wip, I wouldnt mind helping out on some stuff that I can use for my mod and this.

Nice, I thought this one died a long time ago.
If you want to use my Nehekharan clothes & hats for the ancient egyptians...

Reactions:
Nice, I thought this one died a long time ago.
If you want to use my Nehekharan clothes & hats for the ancient egyptians...
No, I maintain it quite actively with updates on Development at moddb.com :) and do you mean the ones from the Geheimnisnacht mod?

Yes, the clothes should be compatible even for humans who are not rotten corpses.

Reactions:
No problem.

Glad to see it here in the forums; been following it for a long time at ModDB. Good luck!

Reactions:
Is it correct that Gaul and Iberia also don't have history for the first bookmark?
What do you mean by "don't have history"? They are mostly (as well as I could for the time period) placed correctly culturally and at the moment I am using a blanket "Celtic Polytheism" term for their faiths but the region is being further developed. At the moment there are few selectable characters which represents the regions are at an earlier stage of development.

Reactions:
What do you mean by "don't have history"? They are mostly (as well as I could for the time period) placed correctly culturally and at the moment I am using a blanket "Celtic Polytheism" term for their faiths but the region is being further developed. At the moment there are few selectable characters which represents the regions are at an earlier stage of development.

I meant having placeholders for those regions, as they are empty when selecting a realm.