• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Isinfier

Major
82 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Island Bound
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
s3ocLRg.png

A Norse themed portrait mod.
Download -

Requirements and Compatability

- Crusader Kings II
- Norse Portraits
- Celtic Portraits

The mod is also compatible with;

- N/A

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Table of Contents
  1. Overview
  2. Screenshots
  3. Future Changes
  4. Bugs
  5. Credits & Notes

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Overview

Building on my experience with the Early Saxon Portrait pack I finally got around to revamping the Norse portraits. No longer do they appear as blue-skinned frost monkeys from the north! As of now they use a mixture of western, celtic and norse features whilst retaining the regular norse clothing and headgear; although I'm considering replacing the Christian clothes with an alternative.

2. Screenshots

D9KfPfj.png

tLNDU8b.png

From left to right; King Harald IV 'Hardrada' of Norway, King Sweyn II of Denmark and King Stenkil of Sweden.

3. Future Changes

Planned changes for the future include;

- N/A

4. Bugs

- Female priest portraits portraying as black/blank, causing other portraits to crash.

5. Credits

Shout out to;

- The countless people answering my questions both here on the forums and elsewhere. Quick Questions thread, I wouldn't know what I was doing without you <3
- Paradox for creating a brilliant game, and in turn setting up a center for a brilliant community.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Why would you put Danes and Norwegians in one gfxculture but separate Swedes from them? o_O
I am genuinely curious, it kind of seems a bit illogical to me.

Why would you put Danes and Norwegians in one gfxculture but separate Swedes from them? o_O
I am genuinely curious, it kind of seems a bit illogical to me.

As far as I remember the Swedes were fairer than the Norweigians and Danes at the time? I may be mistaken.

Nice to see more stuffs for Scandinavia. And Danes, Norwegians and Swedes are the same people.

Very nice.

Unfortunately I cant make these work with HIP without causing problems. sometimes all the portraits get pitch black.

I haven't been able to replicate this. Have you checked to see if it's tied to the religious clothing? If not, trying 'reloadinterface' and seeing if that corrects the issue.

If it was then there's a chance the same issue is present in the download I uploaded. What did you change to fix it?

Once you fix the female priest bug could you release a version of this mod that replaces all the default European faces with these? Minus the Norse-specific clothing?

"No" is an acceptable answer.

Once you fix the female priest bug could you release a version of this mod that replaces all the default European faces with these? Minus the Norse-specific clothing?

"No" is an acceptable answer.

I believe he already fixed it. also why would everyone have the norse faces? have you seen actual central europeans and french folk? typically they look as ugly as the default western portraits in this game lol.