• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stanley Yelnats

Sergeant
31 Badges
Aug 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Mythos is a fantasy mod adding several mythological beings, as playable characters or otherwise, in the historical contexts in which they arose. Lead your family of vampires in a bitter rivalry with werewolves, keep the giants of the north from going extinct, and all sorts of other things. Fully compatible with most other mods, including Project Balance and Somewhat More Historic.

Download:Steam Workshop; Mirror 2

RECENT UPDATES: 1.01: several bug fixes and balance tweaks

1.00: new custom buildings, units, portraits, and too many other changes to list here

0.98: improved religions and divine heritage

0.97: some bug fixes and AI improvement.

0.96: greatly improves vampire/werewolf turning mechanics and fixes various bugs

0.95: adds playable dragons along with numerous balance tweaks and bug fixes. Major update and one I'm pretty excited about.

0.92: Compatibility with current CK2 version (2.5.2) and enhanced compatibility with other mods.

Features:

Vampires are playable characters that are immortal and have enhanced skills, but are hated by all Christians and Muslims. They can also turn prisoners into vampires or drink their blood for additional power. Largely infertile, but it is possible for them to have children. Vampires also have a unique religion.

Werewolves are also playable and immortal, and while they don't suffer from the infertility of vampires, they do suffer from occasional lunar rampages.

An entire new educational trait tree has been added for Wizards, who have various abilities based on their level. "Spells" will also be more or less successful based on how skilled the wizard is.

Giants are playable in the north, and have their own unique culture. Territories with this culture gain a large boost to the strength of infantry units, but there are less of them The giant trait follows ethnicity, so inter-marriage, while possible, may end up eliminating the giants via dilution.

Zombies may spawn at some point as the result of a west African curse. If they do spawn, they will have huge numbers, but no ships or cavalry, and even the infantry are weak.

Mummies may rise up if non-Egyptians rule over Egypt (they get an event series which allows them to plunder tombs for gold), and will bring with them a new culture and religion.
2013-10-28_00001.jpg

Along with this, there are dozens of new events, unique titles, new decisions, a new starting bookmark with four unique playable characters and various flavor additions. Keep in mind that it's very rough around the edges as it's currently in alpha (v. 0.54). So far I've done all of the work myself, and I'm not an expert to any degree, so there may be some bugs and there are no custom portraits yet (I could use some help on art, if anyone is interested), but it's quite functional, and I wanted to release it today in the spirit of the holiday.

Images

Planned features for the future: liches, the philosopher's stone, unique interactions/powers, and much more. Full feature list and changelog in the readme, which is included in the download. Hope you guys enjoy the mod, and Happy Halloween.

Last edited:
Did you finally decide to release this here because of the other zombie horde mod with the art?

Nice to see this here, at any rate. You should probably specify about the PB+SWMH compatibility in the OP.

Did you finally decide to release this here because of the other zombie horde mod with the art?

Nice to see this here, at any rate. You should probably specify about the PB+SWMH compatibility in the OP.

I was planning on releasing it today anyway, since it's Halloween and the mod fits the mood. Didn't quite finish as much as I had wanted to by today, but I figured I would release what I have.

You're right about the compatibility thing, though. Edited the OP accordingly.

This looks amazing, and I can't wait to see more. Anyway, bug report! Not sure if it's some sort of DLC compatibility thing or a specific feature of the mod that isn't working yet, but in the ruler designer there are two sets of North Germanic culture groups. The second one has some unusual characters in their random name generations, and use standard generic-European portraits for Norse even with Norse face pack DLC. The description of their retinue is also missing. Conversely, the original North Germanic culture group seems to have lost all their names - "Smith" is the only family name available.

Possible bug: As a vampire, drinking the blood of a prisoner always results in increased learning, rather than a stat at random. Granted, so far my sample size is only 10 or so, but given that it's supposed to be a 20% chance of each stat, that seems unusual. Will continue to test.

This looks amazing, and I can't wait to see more. Anyway, bug report! Not sure if it's some sort of DLC compatibility thing or a specific feature of the mod that isn't working yet, but in the ruler designer there are two sets of North Germanic culture groups. The second one has some unusual characters in their random name generations, and use standard generic-European portraits for Norse even with Norse face pack DLC. The description of their retinue is also missing. Conversely, the original North Germanic culture group seems to have lost all their names - "Smith" is the only family name available.

Thanks for the report. The second group is intended to behave mostly in the way it does. Since I haven't added a whole custom portrait pack (yet), I altered some cultures such that only the new Jotunn culture will use the Norse portraits. This way giants will appear visibly different from all other characters, which is especially helpful given that the trait follows ethnicity. The original one should have been replaced by the new one, so I'll look into fixing that.

Very nice mod! I love that is compatible with PJ and SWMH
A queston: werewolf hate each others, it's a choice or it will be fixed in next release?

Very nice mod! I love that is compatible with PJ and SWMH
A queston: werewolf hate each others, it's a choice or it will be fixed in next release?

Do they? I'll look into it to make sure that's not a bug, but werewolves normally have a same opinion bonus. Vampires and werewolves do dislike each other, though.

Possible bug: As a vampire, drinking the blood of a prisoner always results in increased learning, rather than a stat at random. Granted, so far my sample size is only 10 or so, but given that it's supposed to be a 20% chance of each stat, that seems unusual. Will continue to test.
Getting the same issue.

Do they? I'll look into it to make sure that's not a bug, but werewolves normally have a same opinion bonus. Vampires and werewolves do dislike each other, though.

vampires do not dislike other vampires (unless they are not born vampire, for examle my wife continued to hate me); werewolfs has -30 to other werewolfs

With age, vampires lose combat ability (ProjetBalance and SWMH)

vampires do not dislike other vampires (unless they are not born vampire, for examle my wife continued to hate me); werewolfs has -30 to other werewolfs

With age, vampires lose combat ability (ProjetBalance and SWMH)

Is your werewolf character Christian? If so, that would explain the opinion drop, as it's tied to religion. I imagine that if you're a vampire or werewolf and you become Christian or Muslim, you would probably lead something of a self-conflicted existence.

The combat ability thing isn't intended though; I'll have to talk to Meneth about fixing that. Presumably there are certain PB events that are tied to age that I might be able to alter such that they don't apply to immortal characters.

Are werewolves supposed to age?

No, but I have noticed a bug whereby characters who are born as werewolves of vampires will continue to age and die as if they weren't. Apparently this is caused through the game's hard-coded system of applying the immortality attribute, so I'm currently working on a fix by implementing "fledgling" and "pup" traits to give vampire/werewolf children until they turn 16. That should solve the problem.

This looks quite fun, but I wonder how it compares with the other notable vampire mods, such as GK&TN.

Mummies, giants and what-have-you are part of the mod's "thing", but why is Vlad the Impaler present in the game 600 years before his period and why is your Merlin expy Catholic?

Without the History folder it's also compatible with Game of Thrones, I love it.
What's the ID for the event to became vampire and werewolf? (i think there is such event, doesn't it?)

Last edited: