• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
ok great....well i know basic modding files. I'd shit with events as i never took time to learn to create new properly...but I do understand them. so no big help there.
my main talents ware always creating original flags :p (GoT mod)

due to my work and it being busy season now...I will have a day or 2 every 2-3 weeks to burn on testing :)

Reactions:
Yeah and you don't own the mod, no one does. Get over it. If I modified your files then you no longer have any rights to them because they're a new thing. That's the point of fair use.

And again: I was probably not going to integrate it in the first place, I was literally just asking to see if I was interested. But since you're so interested in clinging to "your" "property", if I did adapt it I now have no real interest in crediting you for it since my version would be a new entity entirely.
QFT
So you are going to do this just to annoy me ? weird is your see of respect and courtesy for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Thank you for this awesome mod. Been having a lot of great fun with this.

A quick concern, it seems that we have to be feudal in order to expand in castle, and mayor in city, and so on.
Currently, playing as a patrician, I cannot expand population in the castle despite upgrading a lot.
Perhaps using the same rules as the game, only when there is no wrong holding type penalties would the realm expand?

Might be unintended. If @Arko meant to scope to a castle barony, is_feudal = yes should be replaced with holding_type = CASTLE. I think that <title scope> = { is_feudal/republic/theocracy/tribal/nomad } is equivalent to <title scope> = { holder_scope = { is_feudal/republic/theocracy/tribal/nomad } }

Problem fixed, the solution is exactly what ngppgn advised to do.
Thanks you ngpgn.

In fact for the initialisation of the population buildings I have used the holding_type trigger but I have forgotten to use also everywhere in the old code.
Now it is fixed everywhere (in the next release).

Reactions:
Problem fixed, the solution is exactly what ngppgn advised to do.
Thanks you ngpgn.

In fact for the initialisation of the population buildings I have used the holding_type trigger but I have forgotten to use also everywhere in the old code.
Now it is fixed everywhere (in the next release).

I'm glad to have been of some help!

Hi there !

We are preparing a release that will come quite soon from nom. We hope it will hit during upcoming week.

It will feature the re-spec engine by Mouchi to switch between your feudal specializations if you want to.
See the full dev-diary for more details.
Since it can be a bit tricky tool to code, let us know if you encounter some odd behavior or bugs.

We also made some nice icons to be displayed on each holding that can be specialized, showing the current specilisation of one holding.

specs_ico.png

Feudal city for the capital.
From left to right : trading city, monastery, feudal village, crafting city, fortress, episcopal see.
(screenshot is done with Arkopack mod and an SWMH based H.I.P build)

We also added some more buildings, some are new (like gates, or church for cities), some are rewritten from vanilla (castle fortifications stuff so far). Fortification is a set composed of moats, gates, walls and towers. Mind that some of them actually get a permanent maintenance cost.

We worked or various areas and tweaks here and there, f.e. some improved localisations and tooltips like below where you now get the indication of the number of buildings required to reach the next population level of the holding.

bats1.png

Stay tuned^^

Reactions:
Wait, does that mean that the mod will now be compatible with HIP?!? :eek:
It always was, depending on what module you install or not ;). So still no EMF compatibility if it is your question.

We have not worked on compatibility with the converter.
Personally, I don't possess it.

Maybe it is compatible with the converter, but in that case the converter does nothing more than converting a CK2 game.

So what is the mod's compatibility with the converter?
If you play L3T on vanilla map you should be fine with the converter.

Reactions:
In the waiting for our update, let's take a look of a small test I did today !

I have recaped into one graphic tab the base stats of our threee castle specialization.
Of course, you'll never see them as is ingame because there are always other values interferring (technologies, holder's influence, other pre-bult buildings...).
The goal here is to show the main scheme for each spec, with their qualities and weaknesses. And on our design side, to have a better balnce overview.

Nota Bene :
-"BASE CASTLE" is pure vanilla (or SWMH standalone)
-the new icon showing under light cavalry is reinforcement rate bonus/malus)
-the green value for the Fortress is a +10% bonus applied to its levy size
-the green value for the Feudal city a +10% bonus applied to its garrison size
-the green pluses means a quality bonus is applied to this unit type. We would probably add a few other of them.
(this tab is a purely out of the game thingy ;) )

spec tab.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
Interesting.
A question though:
-the new icon showing under light cavalry is reinforcement rate bonus/malus)
Is this part of Les 3 Tours or ARKOpack Interface? And what happens if a holding has a special unit type (like horse archers), or are those not in the mod anymore?

Interesting.
A question though:

Is this part of Les 3 Tours or ARKOpack Interface? And what happens if a holding has a special unit type (like horse archers), or are those not in the mod anymore?
It is only for the tabs shown here ;) I just used the build_buildings view graphics as a base and tweaked it a bit to make this informative card. Since i keep the option to re-use it i kept the setup as close as possible as the original, but i know I'll doubtfully need the special unit icon for such.
Sorry if it was a bit confusing, i added a clarification notice on my previous post).

Oh, and the release is planned tonight ;)

Reactions:
It is only for the tabs shown here ;) I just used the build_buildings view graphics as a base and tweaked it a bit to make this informative card. Since i keep the option to re-use it i kept the setup as close as possible as the original, but i know I'll doubtfully need the special unit icon for such.
Sorry if it was a bit confusing, i added a clarification notice on my previous post).

Oh, and the release is planned tonight ;)
Ah ok, nevermind then ^^

An interesting approach, this further specialization of holdings. I am looking forward to test it and see how it plays out :)

Ah ok, nevermind then ^^

An interesting approach, this further specialization of holdings. I am looking forward to test it and see how it plays out :)
Yeah it is a long time to deliver the fully fleshed specialization and only the very initial buildings only. It will probably one of the focus of next update(s) (after 2.7).
Mouchi as coded a tool to generate the code for buildings from a spreadsheet, that is a very precious tool. Some stuff is made on the spreadsheet already but is incomplete, or unbalanced. But for now I retained such stuff as I'd want something mostly complete to be consistent enough and so enjoyable.

Hi there ! Today we bring you this release (probably the latest before the launch of the upcoming DLC)

RELEASE BETA 0.93 (4th february 2017)
version name : BALROG2

Click the logo below for download or you can find the link in the 2nd post of this thread.

LOGO balrog2.png

CHANGELOG

MAJOR :

• feature : it is now possible to change the specialization of feudal holdings
  • adds some buildings for the Administrative Centers (thanks to Alessio from RGS forum)
  • adds some icons displayed on each holding to indicate their specialization

VARIOUS and MINOR :

• adds some new and recycled buildings
  • fixes a bug with building evolution when the government type is wrong
  • restricts the levels past 3rd of the barracks to the holdings with specialized into Citadel
  • forbids to change specialization if a building construction has been launched for less than one year
  • the Administrative Center is disabled and loses its depending buildings if the holding or the county loses its capital status
  • adds character modifiers to give the beneficial effects of some buildings from the Administrative Center spec
  • adjusts and balances forest buildings (now the hunting lodge has a monthly cost but gives prestige)

Reactions:
How is it possible that one temple holding can be Episcopal seat and Monastery at the same time? Not that it was unheard of IRL but I thought specialization means only one choice.

How is it possible that one temple holding can be Episcopal seat and Monastery at the same time? Not that it was unheard of IRL but I thought specialization means only one choice.
It sounds like a bug.In fact we encountered but it seemed to be fixed already :/
Could you provide more details please ? Religion and culture of both the current ruler and the province the holding is in.

edit : it would be nice to known which province, which startdate, current date.
We also need to be sure you are using yesterday's new version, and started a fresh game with it.

Last edited: