• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A

andrefortes

Born from the HIP sub-mod (also made by myself), the Iberian Project is a small mod focused on the Iberian Peninsula and its four vanilla cultures in Crusader Kings II.

*Castilian, Portuguese, Basque, and Catalan cultural localisation for titles and ranks.

*The Empire of Hispania is now a title created through a special decision, which also grants you the trait "Imperator totius Hispaniae" when enacted. This trait works exactly like the Augustus trait, in that if you lose the empire, you lose the trait. Enacting this decision, of course, damages your relationship with the Pope, the Roman Emperor in Constantinople, and the Holy Roman Emperor.

*Portuguese holders of the Kingdom of Portugal can now create the Kingdom of the Algarve through a decision (which automatically places the Duchy of Algarve as de jure territory of the new kingdom), provided they completely control the region.

*Kings of Portugal (both Catholic and Orthodox) can create the Order of Avis by a special decision, although only after 1175.

*Government flavour for Castilian and Portuguese king and emperor-ranked rulers.

*common/religions/00_religions.txt
*common/landed_titles/landed_titles.txt

*history/characters/castillan.txt
*history/characters/catalan.txt
*history/characters/portuguese.txt
*history/characters/visigothic.txt

*history/titles/k_spanish_galicia.txt
*history/titles/d_toulouse.txt
*history/titles/d_toledo.txt
*history/titles/d_galicia.txt
*history/titles/c_toledo.txt
*history/titles/c_santiago.txt
*history/titles/c_coruna.txt

*Adds a titular (and impossible to create) Kingdom of the Visigoths, and a similar predecessor duke-level title, the "(Petty) Kingdom of the Tervings".

*Adds King and Duke-level localisation to the Visigothic culture.

*Adds Visigothic kings.

*Adds Suebi kings.

*Adds localised nicknames to the kings of Asturias, Leon, Castile, Portugal, and Aragon.

*Removed vanilla Balting family and replaced it with a more correct version.

*Changed title history of k_spanish_galicia, d_galicia, d_toulouse, d_toledo, c_toledo, c_santiago, and c_coruna.

I will eventually add the remaining missing features to the mod that are present in its HIP version, and hopefully expand them. Also, the Order of Avis is at the moment very bare-bones, and lacks events and decisions associated with it (other than its creation).

The mod is NOT compatible with Holy Fury and the 3.0 patch.

Attachments

• IBP_1.0.1.zip
    275,4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Whats Government flavour?

Government flavour is an aesthetic feature that changes depending on what your laws, culture and religion are. Sometimes it also changes on special occasions, such as having your ruler being a "demon child".

gov_flav.png

In this case, the 12 government flavours added by the mod are exclusive to kings and emperors of either Portuguese or Castilian culture, chancing depending on your laws. In the image above, for instance, the council has no power and we have the Imperial Administration law enacted. This one is also the equivalent to the "Hereditary Absolute Imperial Autocracy".

Whats wrong with them?
The problem with many characters, is that the traits attributed to them are randomized. Afonso Henriques (Afonso I of Portugal) is one of these characters, with his only set trait in the game's history files being the "Ambitious" trait.

Unfortunately, this leads to characters having traits that don't match the individual's historical personality. I may take the time to rectify this with several Iberian characters later when the mod's main planned features are all released.

The problem with many characters, is that the traits attributed to them are randomized. Afonso Henriques (Afonso I of Portugal) is one of these characters, with his only set trait in the game's history files being the "Ambitious" trait.

Unfortunately, this leads to characters having traits that don't match the individual's historical personality. I may take the time to rectify this with several Iberian characters later when the mod's main planned features are all released.
I have the HIP version, but to clarify, does this mod add government flavor to Leonese, Galician, and Aragonese?

I have the HIP version, but to clarify, does this mod add government flavor to Leonese, Galician, and Aragonese?
This version? No.

In the Iberian cultural group, vanilla CK2 only has Portuguese, Castillan, Catalan, and Basque as cultures. And in this version, government flavour is only added to Portuguese and Castilian, as historically only the Kingdom of Portugal and the Kingdoms of Castile and Leon had Cortes. This means that Catalan and Basque rulers use the default government flavour.

As the HIP has Leonese and Galician as cultures, the HIP version of this mod adds the government flavour to those two as well.

This version? No.

In the Iberian cultural group, vanilla CK2 only has Portuguese, Castillan, Catalan, and Basque as cultures. And in this version, government flavour is only added to Portuguese and Castilian, as historically only the Kingdom of Portugal and the Kingdoms of Castile and Leon had Cortes. This means that Catalan and Basque rulers use the default government flavour.

As the HIP has Leonese and Galician as cultures, the HIP version of this mod adds the government flavour to those two as well.
Damn, I thought it had at least Galician and Catalan. Why the hell doesn't it, these cultures were fairly different.

This version? No.

It has Catalan. Perhaps you meant Aragonese.

However, Galician and Portuguese culture during this period (at least at the 1066 start date) were in essence the same thing. They only began to truly diverge when Portugal became its own kingdom, and the divergence occurred over the following centuries. Even today, the two cultures are far more close than Galician and Castilian. Having them as two separate cultures in HIP is rather anachronistic, to be honest.