• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GurenGaaze

Pope
84 Badges
Jul 17, 2010
  • Rome Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
The goal of this mod is to make a more cultural diverse world.
There shouldn't be any reason NOT to immersive yourselves while playing and also getting achievements

Most of Europe have had their languages/cultures for titles translated. (If anything needs correction, please tell me)
Mercenaries are also translated after their place of origin. (If anything needs correction, please tell me)

Help appriciated!
The easiest way is to go into the game and see what is lacking, or even in the mod files itself.
It would be of great help if any are willing to translate these titles below into their own languages!
Just make sure to mention which language it is for.
These are all "standard" titles that you often see ingame. If you want to add more, please do!
Pope
Prince-Bishop
Bishop

Emperor/Empress & Tribal Forms
King/Queen & Tribal Forms
Prince/Princess

Duke/Duchess & Tribal Forms (High Chieftans)
Count/Countess & Tribal Forms (Chieftans)
Baron/Baroness & Tribal Forms

Kingdom & Kingdom of (Example: Kongeriket & Kongeriket av)
Duchy & Duchy of
County & County of

Chancellor
Marshal
Treasurer
Spymaster
Court Chaplain

If I have forgotten someone, please inform me so I can credit the person!

killerbee256
Kaiserkatze - Old English & Middle English

(Steam Workshop)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1746323035

Last edited:
For Romanian (Vlach culture/ South Slavic culture group in-game), with additional notes: I can't think of translations for the tribal forms. This is for Orthodox only. If this mod works based on culture group rather than individual cultures, ignore this.

Patriarh
Arhiepiscop
Episcop

Împărat/Împărăteasă
Rege/Regină
Prinț/Prințesă

The next three aren't 100% equivalent but they should be close enough:

Domn/Doamnă
Boier/Stăpână
Moșier/Moșiereasă

Regat/Regatul
Principat/Principatul (I guess?)
Voievodat/Voievodatul (again, not 100% equivalent)

Logofăt
Spătar
Vistier
Vornic (more like a supervisor/judge of the realm)
Părinte or Preot (Father or Priest, there isn't an equivalent to the title of "chaplain" in the Romanian Orthodox Church. Capelan is the literal translation)

For Romanian (Vlach culture/ South Slavic culture group in-game), with additional notes: I can't think of translations for the tribal forms. This is for Orthodox only. If this mod works based on culture group rather than individual cultures, ignore this.

Patriarh
Arhiepiscop
Episcop

Împărat/Împărăteasă
Rege/Regină
Prinț/Prințesă

The next three aren't 100% equivalent but they should be close enough:

Domn/Doamnă
Boier/Stăpână
Moșier/Moșiereasă

Regat/Regatul
Principat/Principatul (I guess?)
Voievodat/Voievodatul (again, not 100% equivalent)

Logofăt
Spătar
Vistier
Vornic (more like a supervisor/judge of the realm)
Părinte or Preot (Father or Priest, there isn't an equivalent to the title of "chaplain" in the Romanian Orthodox Church. Capelan is the literal translation)
It does indeed work for each individual cultures - as well as culture groups!
Also! The names/titles I have listed is only for the "generic" ones - the ones you see in most games. If however you are trying something different which almost never happens - lets say a Serene Doge as a Romanian/Vlach, then I don't have and won't focus on having it. But if you (and others) do provide a converted version of the titles - I don't see why not to add them! :D

If however you are trying something different which almost never happens - lets say a Serene Doge as a Romanian/Vlach, then I don't have and won't focus on having it.
Sorry for the late reply, but this translation is meant for Orthodox Feudal Vlachs (which are the only type of Vlach characters in game at all start dates, except for Charlemagne, where they might be tribal -though I doubt it- but I don't know since I don't own it yet). I say that some aren't 100% equivalent because even if the system was Feudal, IRL there were some differences between the Western, Catholic form of Feudalism and the Eastern, Orthodox one which CK2 doesn't really emulate.

I messaged you in Steam earlier about Finnish name for High Chieftain. Thought I would ship in some more. I'm not sure what you mean by tribal forms for Emperor, King and Queen, so I leave them out. I have not found a female version for Chief, the word seems to have been same than for males, Päällikkö.

Pope = Paavi
Prince-Bishop = Ruhtinaspiispa
Bishop = Piispa

Emperor/Empress = Keisari / Keisarinna
King/Queen = Kuningas / Kuningatar
Prince/Princess = Prinssi / Prinsessa

Duke/Duchess & Tribal Forms (High Chieftans) = Herttua / Herttuatar / Ylipäällikkö
Count/Countess & Tribal Forms (Chieftans) = Kreivi / Kreivitär / Päällikkö
Baron/Baroness & Tribal Forms = Paroni / Paronitar

Kingdom & Kingdom of (Example: Kongeriket & Kongeriket av) = Kuningaskunta. However, this is tricky. We don't have a word like of, we use inflections instead. Per example, Finland is Suomi. Kingdom of Finland would be Suomen Kuningaskunta. Not every word works the same, Kingdom of Sweden would be Ruotsin Kuningaskunta. And so on.

Duchy & Duchy of = Herttuakunta. Same problem as above.
County & County of = Kreivikunta. Same problem as above.

Chancellor = Kansleri
Marshal = Marsalkka
Treasurer = Taloudenhoitaja (Just a sidenote: I find this weird, because the same word means also Housekeeper...)
Spymaster = Vakoojamestari. There doesn't seem to be an actual history for an office like this, but the word exists and is nearly direct translation.
Court Chaplain = Hovikappalainen

Last edited:
For Dutch:
Pope = Paus
Prince-Bishop = Prins-bisschop
Bishop = Bisschop

Emperor/Empress = Keizer/Keizerin
King/Queen = Koning/Koningin
Prince/Princess = Prins/Prinses
(cannot think of names for tribal kings/emperors)

Duke/Duchess = Hertog/Hertogin
High Chief/High Chieftess = Stamhoofd/Stamhoofd
Count/Countess = Graaf/Gravin
Chief/Chieftess = Opperhoofd/Opperhoofd
Baron/Baroness = Baron/Barones
Tribal Baron/Baroness = Dorpshoofd/Dorpshoofd

Kingdom & Kingdom of = Koninkrijk & Koninkrijk
Duchy & Duchy of = Hertogdom & Hertogdom
County & County of = Graafschap & Graafschap
(we don't really use "of". "Kingdom of England" translates to "Koninkrijk Engeland")

Chancellor = Kanselier
Marshal = Maarschalk
Treasurer = Schatbewaarder
Spymaster = Spionnenmeester
Court Chaplain = Hofkapelaan

So first this is a really great mod. I have been looking for such a mod for such a long time now. So thank you. And now I want to contribute to it too. But I could only offer some help with German. Do you need some help there?

French (but not sure for everything)

Pape
Prince-évesque (or Prince-évêque)
Evesque or évêque

Empereur (masc) / Impératrice or Emperesse (fem)
Roi (or Roy) / Reine
Prince/Princesse

Duc / Duchesse & Grand Chef / Roitelet
Comte / Comtesse & Chef
Baron / Baronne

Royaume & Royaume de
Duché & Duché de
Comté & Comté de

Chancelier (feminine form Chancelière)
Maréchal / Sénéchal
Trésorier (fem. Trésorière) / Intendant (fem. Intendante)
Maistre-espion (fem. Maistresse-espionne) / or "Maître-espion"
Chapelain de la cour

So first this is a really great mod. I have been looking for such a mod for such a long time now. So thank you. And now I want to contribute to it too. But I could only offer some help with German. Do you need some help there?
It's just much easier to just load up the game (with the mod) and look at the names there (in this case, German). Then you would notice what is lacking etc. Or look through the files inside the mod. Instead of using time and effort into writing down what I might already have. Though corrections are always appreciated!

Well, that's a good idea. I actually done this now and I think I can help a little bit:

Bishopric = Bistum
Bishop = Bischof
City = Stadt (also without of like the other)
Mayor = Bürgermeister
Court Chaplain = Hofkaplan

Also I would change Fürst/Fürstin to Prinz/Prinzessin.

Well that's it for now. I don't know how exact you want to make this mod. If you want to do more detail I could help
But nonetheless great mod and I really appreciate the work you put in that mod.

Well, that's a good idea. I actually done this now and I think I can help a little bit:

Bishopric = Bistum
Bishop = Bischof
City = Stadt (also without of like the other)
Mayor = Bürgermeister
Court Chaplain = Hofkaplan

Also I would change Fürst/Fürstin to Prinz/Prinzessin.

Well that's it for now. I don't know how exact you want to make this mod. If you want to do more detail I could help
But nonetheless great mod and I really appreciate the work you put in that mod.
Thanks! My aim is to make each place feel unique through languages. If you have anything else to add, please do!

Well okay. I will see what I can do. In the next few days I will work on it :D

But I have a question. You added Köning as German title for King. Normally we use König. I don't know, but did you did this, so that it sounds a little bit older?

What I use have to be fitting the era/timeline. So middle or early german would be fitting (I think). Altough what I have used might be wrong, in that case, feel free to correct me.

Well I did a little bit of research. For King and Queen the Old German would be kuning/kunungin and for Middle German künic/küniginne. Old German was used between 700 and 1050/1100 and after that Middle German until around 1350. At least this is what my research say. What would you use then? I mean the game can stretch from 769 to 1453, so actually every word would fit.

Alright and yeah this could be fitting

But another thing I noticed: When a German Pope is elected, it says Paavi instead of Papst. I know not very much about modding, but I think you forgot to add the culture behind POPE in the localisation file under Finno-Uguric, but I am not sure. Maybe you can look into that and correct it :D

I messaged you in Steam earlier about Finnish name for High Chieftain. Thought I would ship in some more. I'm not sure what you mean by tribal forms for Emperor, King and Queen, so I leave them out. I have not found a female version for Chief, the word seems to have been same than for males, Päällikkö.

Pope = Paavi
Prince-Bishop = Ruhtinaspiispa
Bishop = Piispa

Emperor/Empress = Keisari / Keisarinna
King/Queen = Kuningas / Kuningatar
Prince/Princess = Prinssi / Prinsessa

Duke/Duchess & Tribal Forms (High Chieftans) = Herttua / Herttuatar / Ylipäällikkö
Count/Countess & Tribal Forms (Chieftans) = Kreivi / Kreivitär / Päällikkö
Baron/Baroness & Tribal Forms = Paroni / Paronitar

Kingdom & Kingdom of (Example: Kongeriket & Kongeriket av) = Kuningaskunta. However, this is tricky. We don't have a word like of, we use inflections instead. Per example, Finland is Suomi. Kingdom of Finland would be Suomen Kuningaskunta. Not every word works the same, Kingdom of Sweden would be Ruotsin Kuningaskunta. And so on.

Duchy & Duchy of = Herttuakunta. Same problem as above.
County & County of = Kreivikunta. Same problem as above.

Chancellor = Kansleri
Marshal = Marsalkka
Treasurer = Taloudenhoitaja (Just a sidenote: I find this weird, because the same word means also Housekeeper...)
Spymaster = Vakoojamestari. There doesn't seem to be an actual history for an office like this, but the word exists and is nearly direct translation.
Court Chaplain = Hovikappalainen

I'd like to suggest a few additions for Finnish names that are missing here.

High Chiefdom & High Chiefdom of= Suur-Heimo
Chiefdom & Chiefdom of = Heimo
Barony = Paronikunta
Bishopric/Temple = Hiippakunta/Pyhättö ( Temppeli would be a direct translation for temple but I find pyhättö more fitting.)
City = Kaupunki

Grand Mayor = Suur-Pormestari
Mayor = Pormestari

King Bishop & Pagan Forms (Witch-king/queen) = Kuningaspiispa / Noitakuningas / Noitakuningatar
Prince-Archbishop & Pagan Form (Archpriest) = Ruhtinasarkkipiispa / Arkkishamaani (Direct translation would be "Arkkipappi" but the word "pappi" is only used in christianity so I found "shamaani" to be more fitting.)
Pagan Prince-Bishop (High Priest) = Ruhtinasshamaani
Pagan Bishop (Shaman) = Shamaani

Pagan Court Chaplain (Diviner) = Tietäjä

Also I'd argue that for High Chiefs "Suur-Päällikkö" would be more fitting than "ylipäällikkö". The prefix "yli" makes it sound a bit too much a military title in my opinion. However there really isn't a proper translation for High Chiefs so that's more of a matter of personal preference.