• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am adding Threat to the characters that are discovered - independently of being successful or not! - when performing a murder. This will make professional killers to think twice before going on a murder spree...
Hope the community enjoys the change.

Version v.1.1.1 - DOWNLOAD HERE

Fixes & Tweaks:

- Added titles to negatives events for the Cheerful and Dour traits (was not clear why the events were firing)
- Discovered Murderers have their Threat increased

New Content:

- Added an event that silently keeps the personality traits at 5 maximum
- New migration system

- Download HERE a folder to place in your dark ages common folder to enable a new job action for the Chancellor to Cause Unrest in foreign lands. Usable only in vanilla or in mods that don't alter the file common\job_actions\00_job_actions.txt . If you want to enjoy the same action in other mods that alter that file and know what you are doing, go to the other mod, open the file, find action_sow_dissent and inside the events section write darkages.1972056 . For example, in the vanilla file the relevant line, after the change will read like: events = { 916 917 darkages.1972056 }

- Download HERE a folder with a file to include in the events folder of the mod to fix a Paradox bug that applies post pregnancy troubles to the grandmother of the child instead of the mother. In the most extreme example, it is the grandmother that can die from post pregnancy complications instead of the mother. If you are using HIP together with Dark Ages, copy this file to the events folder in HIP and overwrite the file there.

@Cardolam
Thank you for the update and the fixes ;)

EDIT:
Just 3 quick questions.
1) Will the migration system work with an ongoing HIP game?
2) My king got the possessed trait but after reloading the game after a few months the trait just dissapeared. Any ideas? a mod issue or something bugged out?
3) How's compatibility with MTA modules?

Last edited:
Thank you for the update. Tried the mod out for the first time and i am enjoying it!. Keep up the great work

Thanks for the kind words. If you have any doubt or suggestion, just post!

1) Will the migration system work with an ongoing HIP game?

Yes.

2) My king got the possessed trait but after reloading the game after a few months the trait just dissapeared. Any ideas? a mod issue or something bugged out?

It is not an issue of Dark Ages.

3) How's compatibility with MTA modules?

Yes, it is 100% compatible

It is not an issue of Dark Ages.

Good to know! Ok, I'll investigate more, though I sensed a connection with DAs implementation of possesed events etc

- Added an event that silently keeps the personality traits at 5 maximum

Er, how does this work exactly? I mean, what traits are affected?

Er, how does this work exactly? I mean, what traits are affected?

Well, the traits that are related to the personality of a character (Kind, Slothful, Diligent, etc). It's stange that a character has a huge ammount of traits defining her/his personality. A player can't even remember the personality of the character being played is defined. Even five traits seems a bit over the top for me, but its a number found in vanilla scripts.

Last edited:
Last edited:
So, to clarify, using your pregnancy fix and changing the scope in on_actions would let event 313 fire properly, yes? What would I change in on_actions to fix the scope issue?

I changed only events 314, 315 and 316 (called from 314). I didn't touch in event 313, so I stated more bugs might still remain. However, not related with pregnancy complications as those are covered by 314, 315 and 316 and 313 is never called due to an impossible trigger.

The problem is in spite of claiming in the on_actions file its baby scope, it scopes instead to the mother. So you can't fix it in on_actions. But fixing 314, 315 & 316 (deleting the mother scope and clearing the traits/modifiers associated with pregnancy there) did the trick. As far as I can see 313 never fires because it has a trigger for an age < 1 and what is being scoped is the mother, thus impossible to be of that age.

Hmm I am not sure what is causing this bug. Wanted to be sure it was not this mod. But for whatever reason, woman are staying in perm hiding with the " final months Pregenacy modifier but they are not pregnant. This is a rulers wife and she is stuck in perm hiding saying final months of pregnancy and yet not pregant

ck2_91.png

Arghhh... there is a bug in this version. I will release one later today without the bug. It is related to the inclusion of a chance for a woman to have stillborn children without including the fixed event file I made available in the download. If you want to fix the issue, download the file and place it in the events folder of Dark Ages or if you are playing with HIP, inside the HIP events folder. The women that are already stuck with pregnant traits/modifiers will not revert to a correct state however.
As for the hiding, I don't believe it is a bug of the mod.

Sorry for the troubles!

Version v.1.1.11 - Download HERE

Fixes & Tweaks:

- Fixed a bug where the pregnancy traits/modifiers were not removed after birth by including a new file with fixed scopes & cleared traits/modifiers

New Content:

- Included fixed file "birth_events.txt"

For the curious, Dark Ages is compatible with HIP Furry 5.