• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rein005

Sergeant
58 Badges
Feb 4, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities in Motion
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • 500k Club

It changes mongol Portraits to Chinese Portraits

I`m currently making "The Warring States Period(Chunqiu Zhanguo)" mod BC770~BC221

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?765384-MOD-The-Warring-States-Period(Chunqiu-Zhanguo)-mod

This portraits will be included "The Warring States Period mod".

Mongol portrait DLC is required !! you have to purchase mongol portrait DLC!! Before using this mod

Manual download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3lUrRHsprIgUUxZOG43SFl6LVk/edit?usp=sharing

Steam workshop
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242459627

*I recommend to use this mod with umbra sphere mod :)

Last edited:
I think a mod may have to change the title.

I changed the title.

Is the mongol portraits DLC required to use this mod?

I tried to check, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out how the hell to download it.

OP: You should really include a manual download option for people who despise Steam Workshop.

So this completely replaces the mongol portraits? It doesn't just add the Chinese as a new portrait type? An entirely new portrait culture would be very useful for integration into other mods :).

not completely ... i changed hair , eyes , clothes and beard...

now it just replaces mongol portraits but i plan to make a separate culture

Last edited:
He probably means that the base faces, and possibly hair and beards, are those in the Mongol face pack, and only the clothing (and possibly hair and beards) are his work.

The beards seem his work, the male hairdos are from the Mongol DLC though.

That aside though, they're very cool!! Can I use them for Lux Invicta (minus DLC content)?

He probably means that the base faces, and possibly hair and beards, are those in the Mongol face pack, and only the clothing (and possibly hair and beards) are his work.

Sorry, I think my meaning was confused. I know that he modified the mongol portraits.

I meant, they look nice! It is a shame they currently overwrite the Mongol portraits and can't be used together. It'd be nifty to have Chinese courtiers turn up in India.

Sorry, I think my meaning was confused. I know that he modified the mongol portraits.

I meant, they look nice! It is a shame they currently overwrite the Mongol portraits and can't be used together. It'd be nifty to have Chinese courtiers turn up in India.

Would there be a way to create a Han ethncity and do so? Im thinking that would be cool to start off in east India.

Last edited:
Excellent work! I've done portrait modding of my own, so I certainly appreciate the amount of time and effort it took to produce this. Thank you for sharing; I shall incorporate this in my private mod.

Would there be a way to create a Han ethncity and do so? Im thinking that would be cool to start off in east India.
It's quite easy to add a new Chinese culture group with Han culture... just that one would also have to fill in the rest of the usual blanks (names, titles, localization, retinues, events, etc.) as well.

Yeah the tricky part would be religion, the closest in game of course being Buddhist.
Im looking into making a mod for it, but looks overtly complex to tie into CK2 and I dont wanna mess with my vanilla stuff as it is (beyond changing small variables etc)

Yeah the tricky part would be religion, the closest in game of course being Buddhist.
If you're doing religions as well, then I'd strongly recommend creating a clone religion for your new culture (e.g. "Chan Buddhist" for Chinese and "Shinto Buddhist" for Japanese). P'dox has always simplified a lot of their coding by intermixing religions and cultures, so you'd end up with a lot of Indian-specific events as a Chinese Buddhist or Persian events as a Chinese Manichaen.

Im looking into making a mod for it, but looks overtly complex to tie into CK2 and I dont wanna mess with my vanilla stuff as it is (beyond changing small variables etc)
Nonsense! The Kara-Khitan (Western Liao) are wrongfully left out in vanilla--are you a bad enough modder to fix P'dox's mistake?

Hairstyles should generally have long hair or worn in a topknot for men (baldness is an exception, although joining the Buddhist sangha is also an exception because bhikkus in the Chinese Mahayana traditions are expected to renounce previous family relations). Cutting hair is considered to be an unfilial act just like having tattoos or ritual scarring due to Confucian practices.