• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Konigi

Sergeant
54 Badges
Apr 6, 2017
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
Just a few ideas that could improve the readability:
  • When new institutions pop out: state the province somewhere in the paragraph or an option to click and zoom to the province (I always click on the institution panel to check it out, but this could be simplified)
  • Pop up banner when there is a new bonus available to select for Catholics (using Papal Influence); I believe there are pop up banners for other religions (Coptic, Muslim, Orthodox, Protestant) when they have a new bonus available, but for Catholics you have to check out the number at the bottom right, and it's easy to forget
  • Rebel Factions in the right-side outliner: highlight provinces in red/purple when browsing over it (as you do for Missions, Decisions, and Achievements); I'm sorry I don't remember where all the provinces on the map are, and that would make life easier than "ctrl+f + typing province name" each time I want to see where that rebellion is about to pop out
  • Religion panel: possibility to click on the province name, which will center on that province, similar than when we click on a nation's flag and it zooms to their capital
  • States: more information could be displayed on that panel, perhaps the resource goods, the unrest, or the institution progress (perhaps depending on which edict you select/you browse over?); for now I often have to switch from the province panel to the state panel a few times, etc...
  • Something like an Edicts map, or a panel where you could see the list of all the edicts activated (I know that one has often been requested, I'm adding my name on that one!)

And a major suggestion, which I know would be difficult to implement: I find it odd that often during wars, I am siegieging the enemy's forts why the enemy is siegieging my forts, and for a long time, thus without engaging in a direct battle. So the basic idea is the fastest you can occupy your enemy, the more likely you will win. I am under the impression that historically wars were more often focused on battles.
A way to edit this would be to prioritize defense strategies over offensive strategies, that is: when the AI is being siegied, it will more often defend its territories rather than attack the enemy's provinces. But then, I understand tweaking the AI leads to many undesirable effects...

Thank you for reading! Great game!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Something like an Edicts map, or a panel where you could see the list of all the edicts activated (I know that one has often been requested, I'm adding my name on that one!)

This. It is a pain to have to go clicking on every state to see if there are any activated that you don't remember...

And a major suggestion, which I know would be difficult to implement: I find it odd that often during wars, I am siegieging the enemy's forts why the enemy is siegieging my forts, and for a long time, thus without engaging in a direct battle. So the basic idea is the fastest you can occupy your enemy, the more likely you will win. I am under the impression that historically wars were more often focused on battles.

Correct. This bugs me. I feel like battle should be worth 33% more warscore in the early game to highlight how important they were to the late medieval era and renaissance warfare and not sieges.