• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cybrxkhan

Going to Scarborough Fair
57 Badges
Jul 14, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack

This mod restores the old ambitions such as "get married" that are disabled when you're playing with the Conclave DLC. I noticed there were others like me who didn’t like that PI removed many of the “old” ambitions, so I decided to take this from my personal mod and release it as a mini-mod. According to PI, the old ambitions were removed because they were “boring,” but I felt like they added some roleplay options to the game, so now you can use them again.

The only file that was changed was “Crusader Kings II\common\objectives\00_ambitions.txt”. If you want to change it yourself, all you need to do is find every instance of “NOT = { has_dlc = "Zeus" }” in the code and either delete it or remove it. I have not done anything else - the ambitions should work as before, alongside the new ones from Conclave. If you haven’t bought and enabled Conclave, this mini-mod probably won’t cause any bugs, but there’s kinda no point since these ambitions are available without Conclave anyways.

This mini-mod should be compatible with anything that doesn’t change 00_ambitions.txt.

Feel free to credit me if you want to use this in your mod but honestly it’s so easy to do I don’t think you need to, it literally took me a couple of minutes. Since this is such a simple mod, don’t expect me to add or change anything else and it will not be supported (bar some serious CTD bug or something).

Enjoy!

(And for those who might be wondering, no, I'm still a retired modder. Just figured this was such a simple thing I might as well upload it. Also I have an excuse to make a nonsensical acronym and see what it's like to upload stuff to steam. I dunno why I'm even making a thread here, but whatever.)

Last edited:
Reactions: