• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eochaid

CareBear
70 Badges
Dec 25, 2001
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
Hello gentlemen,

now that I am back in Vancouver and that my eyes are getting a little better, I'll start my 2003 TORONTO AAR CON tale.

The thing is I don't really now what style I should pick. At first I was thinking of a very basic AAR, with a list of "what we talked about" and a few beers. But then, the more I thought about this, the more I felt an urge to write something more sophisticated: many pathes were opening before my young feet... So instead of making a decision all by myself, I'll let you guys decide.

Just pick a style of AAR among the following list;

• Veni, vidi, beer me, a short straight-to-the-point AAR with a some anecdotes, a few tips on handling moderators and some nice pics.
  • Doctor Livingston I presume, an ethnologist study of the Canuckus Moderatorus Simplex society. Includes a detailed report of the first contact with the subjects, some portraits and a final thought that will try to be smart.
  • MODERATOR 3: Rise of the Posters Reloaded, for an action-like quasi-philosophical story with many guest-star appearances from forum members, a long first pre-meeting episode, a twisted plot and the ultimate truth in the end.

If you don't read anything from me tomorrow, that will mean I'll have been abducted by the moderators for some wierd scientific tests. ;)

Cheers,

Kevin

PS: Bruce, could you please PM me your e-mail address so I can send you the pics? Thank you :)

Originally posted by Eochaid
Hello gentlemen,

now that I am back in Vancouver and that my eyes are getting a little better, I'll start my 2003 TORONTO AAR CON tale.

The thing is I don't really now what style I should pick. At first I was thinking of a very basic AAR, with a list of "what we talked about" and a few beers. But then, the more I thought about this, the more I felt an urge to write something more sophisticated: many pathes were opening before my young feet... So instead of making a decision all by myself, I'll let you guys decide.

Just pick a style of AAR among the following list;

• Veni, vidi, beer me, a short straight-to-the-point AAR with a some anecdotes, a few tips on handling moderators and some nice pics.
  • Doctor Livingston I presume, an ethnologist study of the Canuckus Moderatorus Simplex society. Includes a detailed report of the first contact with the subjects, some portraits and a final thought that will try to be smart.
  • MODERATOR 3: Rise of the Posters Reloaded, for an action-like quasi-philosophical story with many guest-star appearances from forum members, a long first pre-meeting episode, a twisted plot and the ultimate truth in the end.

If you don't read anything from me tomorrow, that will mean I'll have been abducted by the moderators for some wierd scientific tests. ;)

Cheers,

Kevin

PS: Bruce, could you please PM me your e-mail address so I can send you the pics? Thank you :)

I have to go with Moderator 3:Rise of the posters

I like number 3, but also 2. That's probably just because I have a soft spot for David Attenborogh creeping around shrubberies to witness obscure mating dances of equally obscure animals... :D

Hmm! Experiments Hmm! :D

#Two or #three would be most fine.

Joe

Cheers,

Kevin
Yes, it is indeed two days later and you haven't heard from Kevin. He is presently in our Mod dungeon undergoing the most... interesting... series of tests...

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

"Inject the gecko extract, Castellon!"

Re: Re: Milk & Cookies: The Toronto Meeting AAR

Originally posted by Lord Durham
Yes, it is indeed two days later and you haven't heard from Kevin. He is presently in our Mod dungeon undergoing the most... interesting... series of tests...

Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!

"Inject the gecko extract, Castellon!"

No more milk and cookies then for the young and reckless bAARtender;)

Still waiting... it means he has been abducted!

When will people react and try to fight the mod oppression? :D

If it hadn't been for SARS, the other bAARtender (who's been on a prolonged leave of absence) would've been caught in a dungeon as well. :eek:

:D

Originally posted by Norgesvenn
If it hadn't been for SARS, the other bAARtender (who's been on a prolonged leave of absence) would've been caught in a dungeon as well. :eek:

Uh oh, Norgs is back in arrland, good to see oyu my friend,

Hey LD, MrT, Castellon, release Eochaid Now, we want our story :D

We'll make one up if he doesn't appear soon. :p

V

Originally posted by Norgesvenn

SARS has to be the most overblown thing in history. CNN make Toronto out to be some Plague infested place, seriously, you do not see people walking around in masks or anything. You have a much better chance of getting struck by lightening than contracting SARS. And a better chance of surviving.

The proceding message brought to you by concerned Mods for a better tommorow.
- Public Health Moderator

If Real Life was an RPG

RL DM: so after a safe trip back home, you finally get a chance to rest a bit.

Eochaid: good, I set up camp and organise 6-hours watch shifts so I'm not attacked during my sleep.

*RL DM tosses some dices behind the screen*

RL DM: you wake up in the morning, ready to write the Milk & Cookie AAR...

Eochaid: cool

RL DM: ...when...

Eochaid: what do you mean WHEN!!! Aw feck, something bad is gonna happen

RL DM: ...when your boss calls you to ask why you're running late in your job.

Eochaid: Damn! There's no way I can use my "Stupid jokes and lame charades" skill here...

RL DM: qnd fighting is not option

Eochaid: Boss is level 18, right?

RL DM: Right

Eochaid: I'll have to lie my way through this... My skills at "Big Hairy Lie to Boss" is pretty good...

*Dices roll*

RL DM: IT'S A BOTCH!!! A TERRIBLE BLUNDER! A FAUX-PAS!!!

Eochaid: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

RL DM: You managed to piss of your boss, nice try bozo!

Eochaid: so check the "critical miss" table

*RL DM flips through his book*

RL DM: There it is, the "Lie To Your Boss About Why You're Running Late In Your Work" Botch Table

Eochaid: So?

RL DM: It says, and I quote: " Do you want me to believe you! Are you kidding me? Do I look like I'm stupid? Because this is the lamest excuse I've ever heard! I want that paper on my desk before lunch tomorrow"

Eochaid: So I guess I'll have to get started.

- - - - - - -

Anyway Gentlemen, this was yesterday morning. Now I'm back and will write the first chapter of MODERATOR 3: Rise of the Posters Reloaded tonight. Stay tuned...

PS: Bruce, I zipped the pictures and tried to send them to you, but my e-mail was rejected. What your storage limit?

:)

Re: If Real Life was an RPG

RL DM: so after a safe trip back home, you finally get a chance to rest a bit.

Eochaid: good, I set up camp and organise 6-hours watch shifts so I'm not attacked during my sleep.

*RL DM tosses some dices behind the screen*

RL DM: you wake up in the morning, ready to write the Milk & Cookie AAR...

Eochaid: cool

RL DM: ...when...

Eochaid: what do you mean WHEN!!! Aw feck, something bad is gonna happen

RL DM: ...when your boss calls you to ask why you're running late in your job.

Eochaid: Damn! There's no way I can use my "Stupid jokes and lame charades" skill here...

RL DM: qnd fighting is not option

Eochaid: Boss is level 18, right?

RL DM: Right

Eochaid: I'll have to lie my way through this... My skills at "Big Hairy Lie to Boss" is pretty good...

*Dices roll*

RL DM: IT'S A BOTCH!!! A TERRIBLE BLUNDER! A FAUX-PAS!!!

Eochaid: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!

RL DM: You managed to piss of your boss, nice try bozo!

Eochaid: so check the "critical miss" table

*RL DM flips through his book*

RL DM: There it is, the "Lie To Your Boss About Why You're Running Late In Your Work" Botch Table

Eochaid: So?

RL DM: It says, and I quote: " Do you want me to believe you! Are you kidding me? Do I look like I'm stupid? Because this is the lamest excuse I've ever heard! I want that paper on my desk before lunch tomorrow"

Eochaid: So I guess I'll have to get started.

- - - - - - -

Anyway Gentlemen, this was yesterday morning. Now I'm back and will write the first chapter of MODERATOR 3: Rise of the Posters Reloaded tonight. Stay tuned...

PS: Bruce, I zipped the pictures and tried to send them to you, but my e-mail was rejected. What your storage limit?

:)
Nice excuse, buddy... :)

Apparently my ISP can take up to 5MB at a time. You may have to chop the pics up and send them in bits, or bytes, or whatever...