• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Got to say I love the addition of rebuilding Chattusa, though why wasn't the house of Isaurious given a bloodline? I mean they're the most important family I can think of without a bloodline.

Also yeah getting all of Musil seems to be the damn hardest part of restoring the Hittite Empire due to how divided it is between the local powers.

Adding new bloodlines was simple when they were agnatic (inherited from father only); when someone changed it to be inheritable from father or mother, but one bloodline max per character, the coding became complicated and kludgy, and you have to edit all the other bloodline traits to add a new one properly. I'm personally against expanding the bloodlines any further due to that.

Adding new bloodlines was simple when they were agnatic (inherited from father only); when someone changed it to be inheritable from father or mother, but one bloodline max per character, the coding became complicated and kludgy, and you have to edit all the other bloodline traits to add a new one properly. I'm personally against expanding the bloodlines any further due to that.

Can bloodlines not be switched back to agnatic or was the change an internal change done by Paradox ?

Can bloodlines not be switched back to agnatic or was the change an internal change done by Paradox ?
it was something someone volunteered to do and we ended up adopting. the result though is that each bloodline "trait" references every other bloodline trait, which makes it cumbersome

it was something someone volunteered to do and we ended up adopting. the result though is that each bloodline "trait" references every other bloodline trait, which makes it cumbersome

Ohh, the whole list is opposite traits in the bloodlines trait file right ?

Correct. It's something a lot of people wanted (so their bloodline trait wouldn't die out in their player character line) but I'd rather go back to agnatic.

Reactions:
Correct. It's something a lot of people wanted (so their bloodline trait wouldn't die out in their player character line) but I'd rather go back to agnatic.

It also helps keep bloodlines alive by having semi-cadet brances adopt them, so that if the mainline is gone there is still someone to pick up the torch. Which considering one of Lux Invicta's main points is all the major familes surviving centuries longer than they did in reality it's a good thing, compared to if you have agnatic inheritance and most bloodlines die within a generation because the 1 holder only had a daughter and died in an accident 3 weeks into the game start.

Also we do have two bloodlines which descend from a famous /woman/, making those bloodlines agnatic only would be rather odd I'd say.

While yes, it's nice to have, from a programming poiint of view it's a messy kludge making it really hard to add new bloodlines.

Now that I have a fairly stable version of LI up and running (v0.6k5, for Horse Lords 2.4.4) I decided to reboot this again.

Chapter 1
A Dream from Arriniti?

I called a meeting of the Royal Council of Isauria in Ikonion Castle. "Gentlemen, last night I had a dream. A lady, limned by a blinding light, appeared to me. She showed me ruins in a mountain valley, and commanded me to rebuild... I don't know, Hatshade? Catshop? I can't quite seem to remember that part."

High Priest Sabas of the Priesthood of Arriniti, my Court Chaplain, spoke up. "Sire, might that have been Chattousa?"

"Yes, yes, that was it! Chattousa, of course!"

Theophanes, my Protostrator who had risen up through the ranks to head the Isaurian military, looked perplexed. "Sire, Your Grace, I am but a simple man. What and where is this... Chattousa, and what meaning does it have?"

Sabas took the question without hesitation. "As is written in our sacred histories, before we of the Luwian faith were driven from our homeland into Isauria, we ruled a vast empire which treated with the Pharaohs of Egypt as equals. The capital of that empire was at Chattousa. If you should ever make the pilgrimage to the capital of the neighboring kingdom of Galatia, the ruins are even to this day visible, though some say that those are but the remains of Emperor Leo III's attempt to revive the city."

"Well, then, I guess we'll just have to get the place from the Galatians. Surely they have no interest in a bunch of dusty ruins?"

Apppolonios, Archon of the nearby city of Gaspadale, who served as my Magistros and headed our foreign service, rose and pounded on the table. "Theophanes, you fool, that is the site of their capital. The Galatians are a proud and warlike people, and would not surrender it lightly. And we do not have the resources to take it from them, when we scarce have enough manpower to repel their attacks, even with the aid of the Isaurian Guard and the Consorts of Arinniti."

"Well, it shouldn't be that hard to get the resources, right?"

Euphemios, my Sakellarios, in charge of the treasury, stood up and shook the shief of figure filled papers he was rarely seen without. "Sire, we have scarce recovered from the last war with the Galatians, in which, might I remind you, we only avoided losing because their king died, and they all went back to squabbling amongst themselves. We are years away from being able to afford another serious war with the Galatians. And there are also Pergamon, Kilikia and Nicaea to worry about, and the Basileia Rhomaion, though much reduced of late, is not toothless."

"In that case, I suggest we get to work. Appolonius, go to Phrygia and attempt to sway Strategos Niphon in my favor. As greatest of my vassals and most skilled of my commanders, his support will be crucial in the coming years. Your Grace, go with him and try to sway the people to the Luwian faith. Euphemios, make sure to get as many taxes collected as possible. Theophanes, keep the army well trained."

Dismissing the council. I left the room.

----

Adrianos, Mystikos and in charge of the despotate's spy network, turned to Sabas as the king left. "You don't think he's serious about having a dream from the Goddess, do you?"

"The man has always seemed content with just Isauria, and married a Tarhuntite. This seems out of character for him. Perhaps... perhaps it was a dream from Arinniti herself."

ck2_9.png

Isauria and the surrounding states
LeonXII.png

Leon XII, Despot of Isauria
Council_1066.png

His council and commanders
MarriageGame.png

Leon earns an achievement, which will be recorded in his dynasty's Chronicle

Last edited:
Reactions:
Has anything major changed in the mod, not vanilla, itself that may change the outcome of the reboot?

Tech's been normalized so everyone starts at tech 0.

So... what is your feeling about changes in mechanics since your last play through? I'd be interested to hear about how differently you feel the game plays. We have not changed so much, but with all Vanilla mechanics changes as well, the game must still flow somehow differently...

Also don't hesitate to reflect on oddities / areas for improvement based on this experience...

Eulogy to Leon XII

"My lords and ladies, peers of Isauria and members of the court, we are gathered here today to remember and pay our last respects to Leon XII, called 'the Farmer'. Here to deliver his eulogy is someone who needs no introduction, his son and successor, Xenon IX."

Kosmas, High Priest of Lisdra and the Priesthood of Arinniti, surrendered the dais to Xenon, a young man of 19.

"Thank you, Your Grace." He stood a moment, looking down, perhaps gathering his thoughts, perhaps trying to control the quiver that had crept into his voice.

"My father was a good man, beloved by all, who ruled Isauria in peace and prosperity. Perhaps he will never be remembered as great, for there were no wars won, no battles to be sung of, but there is far more to good kingship than such matters. He took more pride in successfully setting up a trade route to Serbia, promoting the growth of crafting guilds at home, and building a maze on the castle grounds.

"He ruled us for 30 years, in joyous times and sad, and was taken from us far too young at the age of 45, having outlived two wives, three children and his only grandson: Queen Garyphallia, dead of illness shortly after the birth of my eldest brother, Leon; my sisters Aigidia and Eusebia, dead in infancy; my own mother, Queen Berenike, who died giving birth to Eusebia; Leon, killed by a peasant rabble while he was going to lead yet another prayer meeting in Pisidia; and my nephew Niphon, Leon's posthumous son, who also died in infancy.

"Though my father was long thought of as a chaste man who yet loved his wives, his last wife, Queen Berenike, seemed to kindle a passion in his breast that we had never seen before. Alas, this was to be his undoing, for it was during an evening filled with the cries of their passion which we had become used to that those cries suddenly became screams of horror as the queen burst from their bedchamber to summon the court physician. I'm told more than one of the guards nearly died themselves from shock at the sight of her disrobed." Chuckles were heard from the gathered assembly, and even Queen Berenike cracked a smile through her tears.

"Throughout his life, my father told us of his dream, to restore our homeland to its ancient glory and restore the Luwian faith to its rightful place among the world's great religions. I ask that you join me in honoring him by trying to fulfill his dream."

inbusiness.png

chronicle1081.png

Oh, the last war with Galatia? That was prior to game start, and might have been in his father's reign.

Reactions:
Chapter 3
Family Tragedy

Dear Diary,

Is our family cursed? That cursed dream of Father's, will it be the downfall of House Isauros?

Only months after Father died 10 years ago, my older brother Xenon took sick and died, leaving the realm to our youngest brother, Eudoxios, a boy of but 7 years at the time. Now, hardly had Eudoxios come of age and married but he took sick and died as well, leaving the greater realm to my husband and our family's personal holdings to me. While I prefer to dally with other women, as the last but one member of House Isauros (the other being my youngest sister Eirene, born after Father's death), I have decided that it is in the best interest of our house to divorce Theodosios and marry his younger brother Valerios, who has agreed to allow any future children to belong to House Isauros rather than House Mesanyktes.

Anastasia, Countess Ikonion

Reactions:
Chapter 4
Intrigue and Retribution

To Niphon Isauros, Regent of Cybyrrhaeot, Ikonion

Dear son,
I write this from my cell in the dungeons of my grandson and liege, your nephew, Bartholomaios Mesanyktes. I pray that when you inherit, you will manage our dispute with the Mesanyktes better than I have. Father's decision to implement inheritance by Tanistry means that it is very hard to return the throne to our family once it has passed to another.

When my brother Eudoxios died without a male heir, leaving Isauria to my husband, Theodosios Mesanyktes, and only Ikonion itself to me, I was very bitter and divorced Theodosios and remarried his younger brother Valerios matrilineally, hoping to return our house to power through our children. Through you or your brother, by electing Valerios to succeed Theodosios. But when Valerios died in one of his brother's stupid wars, I decided to try other means. Devious means, means I was not well suited for. As is well known, I was involved in Theodosios' death. His first cousin once removed and son-in-law Daniel (your half-sister Anastasia's husband) was elected to replace him.

While I did plot against Daniel, in the event it was in one of his own wars that Daniel died on the battlefield. After him, the throne went to Theodosios' only surviving brother, Konstantinos. Konstantinos died under suspicious circumstances, and yes, I will admit it now, it was at my orders. It was he that created the Theme of Cibyrrhaeot I now hold, granted me by his successor, Daniel's brother Theocharistos. Again as is well known, Theocharistos died at my orders. That he was widely believed to be possessed by the Great Serpent Illuyanka eased my plotting against him, but did not keep my involvement from becoming known.

Theocharistos was succeeded by Daniel's son, my grandson and jailer, Bartholomaios. My plotting against him was quickly revealed to his regent, and I was repeatedly ordered to abandon my plotting, which orders I always ignored with no repercussions. I was not so forgiving of my son-in-law (your half-sister Anastasia's second husband) Maurikios Manikophagos when it was revealed to me that he was plotting against me. I tried to imprison him, and after he revolted and was defeated, I revoked his title to Attaleia and left him to rot in my dungeons, where he later died.

This seems to have been the last straw for Bartholomaios, for he soon after tried to revoke Ikonion from me. I refused, though I know opposition was hopeless, for I had spent to much bribing courtiers and had not enough in the treasury to hire any sizeable mercenary company. Despite that, we were able to repel the vanguard of his forces. The arrival of the Isaurian Guard though dispersed the survivors, and then it was just a matter of praying for a miracle while our holdings were besieged one after another. Alas, Arinnit does not favor me, and I find myself in my current circumstances, waiting on what further retribution Bartholomaios will hand out.

Your mother, Anastasia of Cibyrrhaeot, called 'the Velvet Hand'

Chapter 5
Postscript to a Reign

My mother was released from Despot Daniel's dungeons after being blinded, but was allowed to retain all her titles. She lived quietly for another year and a half before succumbing to complications of her blinding at the age of 66, having reigned nearly 39 years. While many of her actions were ill-considered, she did partially restore the family fortunes in the end, and her defiance of the Despot's demand for our family capital did preserve it in our family's hands despite the ravages of war we suffered for that defiance.

Niphon Isauros, Doux Cybarrheaot