• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I noticed that too when I listened to the replay. I think it's fixed in the next couple of episodes, but I did them in a batch, so maybe not? I'm not very good at editing yet, but I will keep the volume down in the future.

Quick programming note: I will probably stop the Sunday episode of this only, just because having episodes back to back makes it harder for people to catch up. I'm thinking of doing some Twitch streaming on Sundays instead, but haven't decided yet.

Also, Episode #9:

That was certainly a setback. Should be interesting though to see what Ming does with Yamana.

At least with the war with Yamana done, you should have naval superiority to keep your remaining enemy from sending new troops.

The dreaded bankruptcy. You'll have to bide your time and hope Yamana doesn't strike again. At least the old Shogun is annexed.

Was not expecting Ming to be so generous. That was a great bit of luck. I am curious to see how Ming holding land in Japan will affect any future attempts to form Japan.

Sound was much better this time so I could actually hear you. :)

Japan is really getting carved up by outside powers. Hopefully you can finally seize Kyoto before someone else does.

I am still catching up on the backlog of videos but it would help if you included a few dot points of the highlights (or lowlights as the case may be) from each episode.

Episode 13:

@Davout: If you want a summary of what happens in the episode, you can watch the episode. :) I've been trying to do short recaps at the beginning and end of each episode, if that helps, but I don't want to reveal spoilers here.

That was a big mistake on Shiba's part. At least you were better able to deal with them than you did with Yamana. The Shogunate is just another big step towards unifying Japan.

Forgot to post Friday video here. Monday video up too!

Episode #15:

Nice to see that both Europe and parts of the New World have been revealed on your map. I'm curious to see what kind of craziness is going on in Europe without player intervention.

It's about time the Renaissance started filtering its way to Japan. Your tech costs must be horrendous.

Nice to see the Renaissance finally reach Japan. Having Global Trade start in Beijing is a nice bonus. You might be able to get your tech up a bit now that the institutions are reaching Asia.

If you're lucky, Mingsplosion will occur and you won't have to fight them. They seem rather sturdy this game though, so waiting around for rebels may not pay off.

Since you mentioned trade, I'll also admit it's one of those mechanics I have less of a grip on. I always go with the assumption that it's best to collect trade in your home node and any end node (trade nodes where there's no outgoing trade routes) and to transfer trade towards the nodes you collect in. Trade fleets can be handy to boost the amount of ducats being transferred or collected. I find the tooltip tends to underestimate the amount of ducats you'll get from a trade fleet helping collect in your home node. Sometimes the best thing is to experiment by moving merchants and trade fleets around and seeing how it impacts your trade income.

Unification at last. Now comes the dilemma of how to kick Korea and Ming out of the islands.

I was wondering when Korea would be considered as the next target. They keep getting smacked around by Ming every decade or so, so it seemed inevitable.

You need a reminder or something telling you to raise military maintenance before declaring a war or picking an event option that spawns rebels. I always cringe when I see them because I can guess what's going to happen. :p