Let's Play the Lizard Scientific Foundation and Charity for the Less Fortunate -- A Utopia AAR

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Episode #8:

Of interest to you guys: there will be no upload on Saturday, since I'll be out of town. I'll upload the Saturday vids on Sunday.

A rival federation? How dare they make friends with each other and exclude you.

A black hole that writes love poems is quite the scientific discovery. Good to know that even some strange entity living within a black hole can be friendly too. :p

There are a lot of strange things going on in that galaxy. Time travelling admirals, a potential founder species, and the worm-in-waiting, whatever that is. They certainly went in-depth with some of these random plots in Stellaris.

This war should be an interesting one. Hopefully your fleet is up for the task, especially since it looks like you may be on the front lines.

This was part of the Horizon Signal free content pack; it's definitely one of the more fun storylines!

The transition to the Messenger species certainly makes everyone look different. What other impact did it have? The only I noticed was the few times you looked at POPs and they all were militarist.

I was half expecting all your enemies to just steamroll over you, but it seems they're not overly aggressive. I suppose playing defensively while your allies do the work is probably best.

The only I noticed was the few times you looked at POPs and they all were militarist.

I'll remember to check traits next time I play. I've got one or two more episodes pre-recorded. The militarism is because of the war. I'd like to get rid of that faction someday...

You have some strange things going on in that galaxy. Not very often an entire planet's population vanishes without a trace.

Looks like your federation is having some trouble. Guess that's what happens when a bunch of relatively peaceful xenophiles decide to go to war suddenly. :p

Episode #13:

An especially early bird might have gotten confused as I mixed up the numbering of the EUIV and Stellaris Season 2 episodes. We are indeed on episode #13.

Looks like the game is telling you to focus on your fleet. :p

I wonder what the rest of the federation is doing. They must be focused on their own defence since they never seem to send any ships your way.

Episode #14:

There will be future episodes of this series next week, but I think one more week's worth of episodes is all we'll do. It will become apparent as to why when you've finished the video. :)

You end up in a galaxy of friendly federation builders, and the few nations hostile to you end up pinning you in. You really got burned location-wise here, since you're taking the brunt of the attacks. I guess science can only get you so far without a military to back it up.

Thursday's episode will be the last for this series. I'll be starting a new HOI IV series the same day, though!

Not being able to peace out must be frustrating. Kind of dumb that just because the war leader isn't taking the brunt of the damage that the lesser partners can't back out when they're getting crushed.

Episode #16:

Thanks to everyone who watched, as we've reached the end of this series. It was a different playthrough, and it goes to show you how important it can be to neutralize rivals before they get too strong. As far as a future playthrough, I think I'll give Stellaris a small break. I experienced a couple of CTDs in this episode, so I'll wait to see what might be patched in the future.