JOIN US tomorrow for our second stream of the year for a look at the Mercenary Campaign

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
Social_Merc_campaign_stream.jpg
Hype is in the air and April 24th could not come sooner! To quench your thirst in the meantime, we invite you to join us for another stream tomorrow at 18:00 CEST as we're bringing you inside the Argo for a first look at the Mercenary Campaign!

Tune in tomorrow at 18:00 CEST RIGHT HERE!

I literally said that the next stream should be this stuff! Looks like an area we haven't seen much of.

Gonna be another basic video cause I don’t think I can take another of those?
Since you don't know anything about the Mercenary Campaign I think you'll need a basic overview :p

But seriously, the first one was basic so everyone can understand the content in the following streams. These cover things we have no talked about before.

I was just gonna make a post asking for the next stream. =)

Please ask Paradox to allocate more time to BT. Surviving Mars is dead without some major gameplay improvement by Kalypso and with sales plateauing at 150k units, further steaming contents is just flogging a dead horse.

Last edited:
I think we will spend some time in the place, where the procedually generated missions are listed. It would be nice to know, whether there will be some hint, for how long the Restoration-missions will be available, before they count as lost / not taken.

I was just gonna make a post asking for the next stream. =)

Please ask Paradox to allocate more time to BT. Surviving Mars is dead without some major gameplay improvement by Kalypso and with sales plateauing at 150k units, further steaming contents is just flogging a dead horse.

Personally I think Surviving Mars is getting a bad rap, and can be turned around with a few improvements, but I agree that there's no point streaming it until those improvements are made. So more BT!

If I was running things, I'd do at least one a week until launch. This coming one on the 'merc sim' part of the game, maybe one on character creation and progression, mech customization, then stream the final stages of their in-house tourney.

Folks, let's stop dismissing the good people at Kalypso and Paradox, ey? There are good people involved with Surviving Mars and for them, the motto "In Success ..." applies as well. So, instead of demanding / suggesting that Surviving Mars loses their coverage, let's root for them. There are fans enjoying that game and looking forward to more. So, let's support eachother. It would be nice if others also rooted for BattleTech, no?

As for the OP, I'm really looking forward to this! There is nothing more I'd like! ... Well, the game in my hands, but that's for April. ;)

I'll once again try to get a transcript up as soon as possible.

HBS got my attention with the Shadowrun games, giant robots aren't reeaaalllyyy my speed but their writing, stories, characters and setting very much is so I'm looking forward to this stream. Hopefully it'll show some of that event system I've read about.

Since you don't know anything about the Mercenary Campaign I think you'll need a basic overview :p

But seriously, the first one was basic so everyone can understand the content in the following streams. These cover things we have no talked about before.
Make sure to ask about your starting conditions: what 'Mechs, what pilots (and their stats), what can you do and buy with low factional reputation on day one.
Anybody else have suggested questions?

Greetings Mechwarriors,

Please stay On topic. Respectfully .

Thank you.

@cKnoor: Make sure to take a good look at the Hiring Hall. Are most of the hire-able MechWarriors balanced in their skills, or can we find any 1/2/2/5 pilots? This will determine our chances of being able to hire anyone on day one with level 5 skills like Bulwark.