• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Saxon125

Colonel
44 Badges
Jun 22, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
In the RNG we trust: (A CK2 Random AAR)

"Do not be daunted if chaos reigns, it undoubtedly will." - Brigadier 'Speedy' Hill

Greetings, fellow members of the forums and welcome to what I hope will be a successful AAR. The end of my first university year looms, and so I am now dragging myself back to the world of writing AARS.

While, I do still enjoy CK2 to a great degree, I always end up playing in the same areas, usually the British Isles, Scandinavia and Sicily. However, now I have decided to let the game decide for me, by using the always faithful, randomize character button.

The goal of this AAR is simple, I will start the game in 769, picking a character using the randomize character button play said character (or their descendants) for 25 years, then switch to another using the randomizer again. I could end up with a glorious character, or I could end up as a vegetable, let the RNG decide my fate.

House Rules:

No console use

No save scumming

No marriage for eugenics.

Feel free to suggest anymore if you wish

DLC:

Sons of Abraham

Legacy of Rome

The Republic

The Old Gods

Swords of Islam

The Reaper's Due

Way of life

Mods:

None

I hope you enjoy reading this AAR, and I hope the RNG is kind to me.​

Last edited:
May the odds be ever in your favour.

Mekonnen Shamumun Chapter I: At the bottom Literally... (769)

9OhOVY6.png

Well, we have begin our adventure in the lands of Africa. Our starting character Mekonnen (hereafter known as Meko) is average, but hopefully in 25 years we can turn him around.

660LmeM.png

Meko rules as a petty king surrounded by fellow petty dukes and the Kingdom of Abyssinia to the north, time to forge claims.

C2lN8e1.png

Meko has one son who hopefully will make a good diplomat, I shove him off to the best diplomat in the court and work on getting Meko hitched.

yAW2tT4.png

A quick peruse of the local brides book only yields one match Maharene. Said match, throws Meko's prestige at terminal velocity into the ground. This woman had better sire children by the truckload. In order to boost said childbearing, I give Meko the family focus to boost his fertility.

ALhgVNM.png

Since I wish to keep my troops intact for war with the dukes around me I make Meko submit to the Abyssinia king, might as well do it now peacefully, then being violently beaten into doing it.

Meko's current troop levy does not match my neighbor, since he gain money slower then a dead snail, I promptly nab 300 gold from Jewish merchants in the fair depths of Africa? hell anything is possible.

oHwtG4p.png

My jaw promptly hits the table as Meko's in the space of about a month has managed to fabricate a solid claim! Good job sir, if only chancellors in my other games worked as fast as you.

P0bnaBR.png

JiskG1q.png

We hire some mercs, quickly move into the next duchy and begin to siege its capital, but my money is draining fast, my hope for a quick and decisive blow is dashed when I notice I left shattered retreat at game start. (Shakes fist in air.) The enemy army flees north, leaving me with an empty treasury and angry mercs who luckily disband rather then revolting. Taking the duchy capital is enough to bring the war score up to 100%, leaving Meko one county richer but basically broke and having negitive prestige. We are only two months in however, Meko's name will soon be sung to the heavens. I hope.

Well, its a interesting start to say the least. Feel free to make suggestions in the comments and I hope you will stick around for the next chapter and beyond.

Last edited:
No hanging around at the start there.

No hanging around at the start there.

Got lucky with chancellor, best to grab land now and strengthen my holdings, I suspect most of this first character will just be serving under a king.

I recently started a similar game myself. Good luck with this experiment!

Now was there me thinking you'd never write an AAR again @Saxon125

I'm in!

I recently started a similar game myself. Good luck with this experiment!

Thanks very much, good luck to you as well.

Now was there me thinking you'd never write an AAR again @Saxon125

I'm in!

To be fair I have no idea what's going to happen to this AAR when September hits, and my second year starts, right now though I have time enough to work on this. :)

Thanks very much, good luck to you as well.

To be fair I have no idea what's going to happen to this AAR when September hits, and my second year starts, right now though I have time enough to work on this. :)
You wont find me complaining hehe

Just a quick note readers, I've decided to change the amount of years played to 25 years per character, mostly so I can play or more characters, but also to make things more interesting. I have the images for the next chapter, just need to edit them and actually write the chapter which should be out over the next few days.

Changing play length per character is perfectly fine. I always do love this random AARs. It's always quite interesting to see who the randomness develops.

Looking forward to more of course!
Cheers!

Changing play length per character is perfectly fine. I always do love this random AARs. It's always quite interesting to see who the randomness develops.

Looking forward to more of course!
Cheers!

Welcome aboard, while I am here, I apologies for leaving you guys hanging with regards to chapters, I ended up playing other games to relax in the little free time I had leading up to my uni exam. I have now officially finished my first year of uni and can dedicate much more time to this the next chapter will be done within the next few few days.

Looking forward to it!