• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reboundingdice

First Lieutenant
4 Badges
Sep 3, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
What would it be? And what would the achievement badge look like?

I'd like one called "Bahmanis Bahamas" where you'd have to own all the Caribbean islands that make up the bahamas as Bahmanis or hindustan .(Formed by Bahmanis of course.)

Reactions:
Nobody expects the Dutch inquisition!: As the Netherlands, own all of Iberia and convert it to Reformed/Protestant.

Reactions:
Win the war of the Spanish Succession as austria :D

And yes i hate pointless achievements like "take this tag and do a completely ahistorical thing just to demonstrate that you can stretch this game in the direction you want". Yes they were fun, once. But i'm full already of lucky lucca nagaur germany and so on. Not every weird objective deserves an achievement imo.

In b4 disagree en masse, but this is what i think...you like bahamas bahamanis? Do that, you need an achievement to justify the fun? Then it isn't fun :D

Reactions:
Win the war of the Spanish Succession as austria :D

And yes i hate pointless achievements like "take this tag and do a completely ahistorical thing just to demonstrate that you can stretch this game in the direction you want". Yes they were fun, once. But i'm full already of lucky lucca nagaur germany and so on. Not every weird objective deserves an achievement imo.

In b4 disagree en masse, but this is what i think...you like bahamas bahamanis? Do that, you need an achievement to justify the fun? Then it isn't fun :D

I'm not completely sure, but my impression was that it's the other way around - people are stretching the game anyway, so Paradox are like "if people are going for the extreme, we might as well create some extreme achievements". But I agree it would be pointless to go for an achievement just for the achievement's sake.

Reactions:
4 Headed Eagle: As Byzantine, Russia or Austria have Emperor rank and be Emperor of the HRE.

Frak!: Have13 CN, lose all of them in one single war.

It's a Trap!: Siege a capital with a star fort or higher, get attacked by an army with superior number win the battle and win the war.

Reactions:
The Burgundian inheritance

As burgundy own all of France as core provinces while being the holy roman emperor before 1500

I was going to suggest one for Burgundy. Such an interesting country deserve one. I like your idea, though the time limit is too tough for my taste, it limits it to really hardcore players.

Reactions:
Actually for Burgundy I'd make the achievement "inherit both France and Austria". Would work well thematically and would provide a different challenge to the usual conquest-oriented ones.

Reactions:
One-Two-Three-Four-Five: have 2 PUs, 3 vassals, 4 protectorates, and a coalition against you with at least 5 members. (and before anyone asks - you're the "One")

Reactions:
I was going to suggest one for Burgundy. Such an interesting country deserve one. I like your idea, though the time limit is too tough for my taste, it limits it to really hardcore players.
the Burgundian inheritance cannot fire after 1500 which is why I chose that date and time limit achievements are a nice variety for the major powers (Big blue blob will be harder)

Lord of Americas - start as a tag in North America or South America and control every province on both continents

Reactions:
An achievement for enacting the "Unify Islam" decision.
The condition with "all you provinces must be muslim" is so harsh that I never got to really enact this no matter what. An achievement cloud be a nice motivation for me to meet the conditions finally.

Reactions:
"The Iron Price". Have the largest navy in the world, and own all iron provinces.

Edit: Just noticed the current "Iron Price" achievement...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.