• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lazio74

Sergeant
8 Badges
Dec 15, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
I watched a couple of Hungary gameplays in the past (I haven't got a chance to play since RoM and HUN patch if I remember well) and I have a few suggestions to make it better.

Upvote 0
Severin is not a Wallachian province

In 1444 it was a famous Hungarian fortress "Szörényvár". Bravest of knights at the végvár system got the title usually (Captain of Szörény). Ottomans got it in 1524 before that it was Hungarian.

Last edited:
Please make succession crisis in Hungary a 10 year disaster if player chooses to elect János as regent.

Going with the Hunyadis' modifiers (Habsburgs spurred and remove historical friend) doesn't resemble the situation well, the player can easily remain Austria's ally. So IMO these events could ruin Hungary-Austria relation before they are spurred and removed.
Also there is a lot of good event material happening in Hunyadi János' regency.
F.E.:
1445 Wallachia captures János, only a threaten war from the february diet can save him from being sold to Ottomans.
The May diet elects János as one of the seven captains of the kingdoms regency council.
1446 june In the absent of Ullrich of Celje (leader of the Habsburgist faction) the diet elects János as regent
1444-1456 Jan Jiskra occupies Slovakia region continously after that he joins Mátyás and he will be a great general of the Black Army
1445 János punishes Wallachia
1446 János punishes Ullrich who flees to his Styrian lands, János follows but Austria denies military access János raids the duke's lands too for that.

1448 János leads an army to help Albania, Serbia captures him on the way back releasing him only for a juicy ransom
1450 János acknowledges P. László's claim on the throne
1453 János abdicates in favor of Postumus László
1456 László dies triggering Mátyás' coronation
In 1440 Habsburg Albert's wife stole the crown so Wladyslaw of Jagiellon was never crowned properly, Postumus had it but he died abroad, only decades later, Mátyás could buy it back for an enormous price.
If Hunyadi János dies in battle or siege, the sick little Habsburg (1-2-1 Postumus) (who is not Ladislaus, but László in Hungarian) gets the throne for free.
Most times also gets the throne as a 3-3-2 in Austria.
So the player doesn't get to choose between secondary member of PU and Mátyás, instead comes our double agent 3-3-2 / 1-2-1 twin Postumus.

This thing (and restarting to play this part again and again) is really making me mad.

Last edited:
Please give some military development to Hungarian provinces.

Hungarian army and manpower capability is way too small in my opinion compared to other countries' forces.
Only the Transylvanian part of the army was twice the size of Wallachia's whole army, but in the game the whole Hungarian army 3x the size of Wallachia's. Same with Serbia. If you attack Serbia, Bosnia and Byzantium (the usual band) they outnumber you which is a nonsense.

Severin is not a Wallachian province

In 1444 it was a famous Hungarian fortress "Szörényvár". Bravest of knights at the végvár system got the title usually (Captain of Szörény). Ottomans got it in 1524 before that it was Hungarian.

The province does not equal the fort, holding the fort cannot be translated into owning what ingame the Severin province represents, which mainly consists of the Wallachian lands south of the Carpaths.

Please make succession crisis in Hungary a 10 year disaster if player chooses to elect János as regent.

I agree that a better representation of history is needed. (although with a bit a simplification). Making it a disaster like the War of Roses might be unnecessary imo, but the issue with the clone of László as the Austrian heir (and captive of Friedrich), and the fact he was the Bohemian heir as well needs to be adressed. The PU is a bit weird as it comes which I consider the fault of the fact that Austria in fact doesnt mean the Archduchy of Austria exactly, rather the cumulative posessions of the Habsburgs (for balance reasons mainly).
(because if László had lived, he would have been the Hungarian king, not Friedrich, as it may happen). Perhaps completing this event chain could play a role in the first Hungarian mission if it gets reworked, to make it less RNG.

Please give some military development to Hungarian provinces.

I believe this is not an issue directly related to Hungary, since every independent OPM in EU4 world can field thousands of troops, so more independent countries will always posess more forces than a country of their combined strength in small scales. One solution to slightly solve this issue with Hungary could be by moving their National manpower idea earlier perhaps, but this feels unnecessary.