• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CountCristo

CountCristo
94 Badges
Sep 12, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
As of the 1st October, there will be two ways to roll back your game to a previous version. One for versions that are from before our GDPR changes and one for versions that are after.

For versions released before the changes:

Get a code for the version you want:
  1. Go to https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games and log in (or create) your Paradox Account.
  2. Scroll Down.
  3. Find "Access Earlier Versions"
  4. Click "Show"
  5. See below to revert to older versions under passlock.

Apply the code in steam:
  1. Go to your Steam Library and select your game of choice.
  2. Right-click and select Properties.
  3. Under the “BETAS” tab.
  4. Enter the relevant code retrieved from Paradox Plaza and click “CHECK CODE”.
  5. Select the version you wish to play and wait for Steam launcher to finalize the switch.
  6. If the previous step fails, exit the game, right click properties, local files, Verify the integrity of game files and wait for all files to be verified.

For Versions released after the GDPR rollout:

1. Right click the game in Steam

index.php

2. Go to Properties and select the tab called "BETAS"

index.php

3. Pick the version you want to play and close.

index.php

4. Allow the game to update
5. Make sure, before you load any save, that the version number in the game is the one you want.
6. If the previous step fails, exit the game, right click -> properties -> local files -> Verify integrity of game files and wait for all files to be verified before going back to step 5.

Note: You can freely swap between the latest version and previous versions this way. By selecting "NONE - opt out of all beta programs" you go to the latest released version.

Which versions of PDS titles will NOT be password protected?
EUIV: 1.27 and onward
Hearts of Iron IV: 1.5.4 and onward
Stellaris: 2.1.3 and onward
CK: 2.8.3.4 and onward

EDIT (October 4, 18:00 CEST): Due to a visual bug stemming from the connection between your Paradox and Steam Accounts, we have decided to remove the following steps for the sake of clarity:

2. You will have to link your Steam and Paradox accounts to see your games - where your codes will be listed.
3. To link your Steam and Paradox Accounts: simply go to the Settings tab. Under Steam account click connect (you will then be redirected to Steam to confirm your action).
4. With that done the My Games tab on Paradox Plaza will show the list of codes needed to revert to previous versions.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Commented for dev tag.

I have linked my Steam and Paradox Account, yet all the games I see on my Paradox Account are the EU3 HttW expansion and the EU4 Evangelical Unit pack...

Any clue how to get more stuff to show up?

I have linked my Steam and Paradox Account, yet all the games I see on my Paradox Account are the EU3 HttW expansion and the EU4 Evangelical Unit pack...

Any clue how to get more stuff to show up?

This is a known bug, it will not affect the codes, on that matter the codes to roll back to old versions will be out at 4 p.m. CEST (another 30 minutes to wait and you can roll back to your heart's content!) :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is a known bug, it will not affect the codes, on that matter the codes to roll back to old versions will be out at 4 p.m. CEST (another 30 minutes to wait and you can roll back to your heart's content!) :)

So I can just play on the Beta for Patch 1.26.1 if I have linked my accounts, without entering any kind of code?
Cause the only codes I can see atm are the ones that I assume are the ones for the Full Games when clicking on the Acces Earlier versions button:
CK2, EU4, HoI4, Stellaris and Battletech

So I can just play on the Beta for Patch 1.26.1 if I have linked my accounts, without entering any kind of code?
Cause the only codes I can see atm are the ones that I assume are the ones for the Full Games when clicking on the Acces Earlier versions button:
CK2, EU4, HoI4, Stellaris and Battletech

You are correct! Patches following the GDPR (25th of May) will not require a code. The codes displayed are for older versions :)

EDIT: Regarding EUIV, only 1.27 is open as it is the only one that is GDPR compliant. Previous versions didn't ask you to read the Privacy Policy upon launch, hence the lock.

You are correct! Patches following the GDPR (25th of May) will not require a code. The codes displayed are for older versions :)

EDIT: Regarding EUIV, only 1.27 is open as it is the only one that is GDPR compliant. Previous versions didn't ask you to read the Privacy Policy upon launch, hence the lock.

Figured it out now, apparently my steam was slightly behind, since it still gave me the option to go to previous patches without me having put in a code
Also the 1 code worked for all the previous patches :)

How can I play my old versions. I have done what is said at the top & linked to steam, go to games I own on Plaza, go into them & they are all blank & cannot see anything to put in any codes to steam, even when I press detail. This is damn annoying way to treat customers who buy your games.

Thanks a lot for the information.

Dear Paradox,

in the last years I spent approximately 400 - 450 € on games of your company, because I like them.
Although I am a kind of "heavy user", I never wrote to you and I consider myself as some kind of silent customer which might be representative for a considerable number of customers.

Unfortunately your update policy continues to annoy me very much, as the updates tend to destroy my Ironman saves. It happend for the third time now that a major campaign broke and I really don´t like to play any more under these circumstances.

I really don´t get why you continue to follow this approach. I cannot start the game without having steam updating first!
Why am I not able to choose which version to play directly in the game?

Your explanations above did not help me, as after linking my accounts, under https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games, only stellaris is shown (not my ck2, not my eu3, not my eu4, not my hoi3, not my hoi4).
I don´t get it where to get some codes. They are not shown under properties in steam. Furthermore I do not understand how to start the game with the right Version even if they were shown.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You got to be kidding me. You did a great job at making it a pain to change to a previous version. The old system worked beautifully. I guess thanks for ruining it?

Give me free access to previous versions or give me money back, I do not like new updates for a long time, they spoil the game. Create a fifth, enough, enough to mock the fourth part!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Give me free access to previous versions or give me money back, I do not like new updates for a long time, they spoil the game. Create a fifth, enough, enough to mock the fourth part!
It is free.

You got to be kidding me. You did a great job at making it a pain to change to a previous version. The old system worked beautifully. I guess thanks for ruining it?
It was illegal, it could not be left as it was. The choice was removing all access to old game versions, or a system like this.

How can I play my old versions. I have done what is said at the top & linked to steam, go to games I own on Plaza, go into them & they are all blank & cannot see anything to put in any codes to steam, even when I press detail. This is damn annoying way to treat customers who buy your games.
I don't think you've read the OP very carefully. The codes in your My Games page go in the Steam betas tab, as shown in the second screenshot up there.

Unfortunately your update policy continues to annoy me very much, as the updates tend to destroy my Ironman saves. It happend for the third time now that a major campaign broke and I really don´t like to play any more under these circumstances.
It is not a Paradox policy to destroy Ironman saves, it is a technical consequence of updates - mostly, it does not happen with every patch.

I really don´t get why you continue to follow this approach. I cannot start the game without having steam updating first!
Why am I not able to choose which version to play directly in the game?
Steam provide a mechanism to backdate before you load up existing saves. Doing that within the game too would be extra work and pointless.

Your explanations above did not help me, as after linking my accounts, under https://accounts.paradoxplaza.com/games, only stellaris is shown (not my ck2, not my eu3, not my eu4, not my hoi3, not my hoi4).
I don´t get it where to get some codes. They are not shown under properties in steam.
It does not matter what games display or not on that page, as has been explained repeatedly. Just click on the Access Earlier Versions below the games to see the codes.
Furthermore I do not understand how to start the game with the right Version even if they were shown.
Do you see the three screenshots in the OP here?