• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CopratesCatena

Private
58 Badges
Apr 17, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
AFAIK there are at least 4 ways to revoke a title without incurring tyranny:

1) send a chancellor to fabricate claims - by far the most convenient way. The problem is you can't send him anywhere within your demesne.

2) grant independence then use de jure claim to declare war. You can't do this if the vassal is within de jure territory and of your religion.

3) spur the vassal to rebel. To do this you need to raise his levies (and wait till his opinion of you is ruined), but I don't see a way to raise them per holding - only per county. You can right-click on his holding, but the Raise Levy icon that pops up is for some rason always grayed out. So then you're causing other vassals in this county to rebel as well which is undesirable.

4) pray for him to create a plot, then pray to uncover it, then pray to fail to imprison him and thus having him rebel. Well, it seems to me there's no guarantee this ever happens throughout the whole gameplay.

Is there some other way? Did I miss something?

Keep murdering the baron, eventually you inherit it after the entire dynasty is dead.

Reactions:
Intrigue focus (Way of Life DLC), will open up more opportunities to move to imprison him and thus having him rebel. It also gives more opportunities to kill him, and you seem to get away with it without 'known murderer' penalties more often (simply getting large 'attempted murder' penalties from the target).

About (3) -- raise the county levies, split the army, disband everything but what you want.

Keep murdering the baron, eventually you inherit it after the entire dynasty is dead.

This works.

Reactions:
Intrigue focus (Way of Life DLC), will open up more opportunities to move to imprison him and thus having him rebel. It also gives more opportunities to kill him, and you seem to get away with it without 'known murderer' penalties more often (simply getting large 'attempted murder' penalties from the target).
Thx a lot, that is exactly the kind of answer I was hoping for.
About (3) -- raise the county levies, split the army, disband everything but what you want..
Yeah, worked it out in the meantime :)

As to murder - I agree, that should've been definitely on my list. I just kinda dislike murdering people, even if imaginary :). I also tend to end up with Kind rulers (as I like the vassal opinion boost), so this has the inevitable disadvantage of breaking the immersion if you try to RP the character. Also it can look a bit tedious if you've already let the damn baron have like fifty people long succession line.

A little tyranny isn't the worst thing in the world, I'd just attempt the imprisonment and revoke. Just do it when your ruler is old and has a nice Long Reign bonus.