How to revert to a previous patch level of Europa Universalis IV

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
As of the 1st October, there will be two ways to roll back your game to a previous version. One for versions that are from before the GDPR changes and one for versions that are after. For more information on how to roll back please click here.

Attachments

• right_click.jpg
    right_click.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 127.545
  • betas.jpg
    betas.jpg
    93,4 KB · Views: 127.346
  • version.jpg
    version.jpg
    124,4 KB · Views: 126.956
Last edited:
Strange, I was under the impression this was stickied a long time ago :/

Yeah, I'm sure I made one. Could not find it however, so made a new one.

Hi, could you please tell us whether older versions are ironman compatible? Are achievements unlockable on older versions?
Achievements are compatible up to the version they were added. So an achievement added in patch 1.12 for example is valid up to that version, but not 1.11 or earlier.

Just got EU4 in January and have been hooked. And of course I love my mods and love that you have a system like this, so now how do I keep playing 1.19.2 with the mods, or have the shitty Steam workshop setup finally caught up to me? meaning I would have to stop subscribing to all my mods and then manually paste them back after, so they don't auto update.

Just got EU4 in January and have been hooked. And of course I love my mods and love that you have a system like this, so now how do I keep playing 1.19.2 with the mods, or have the shitty Steam workshop setup finally caught up to me? meaning I would have to stop subscribing to all my mods and then manually paste them back after, so they don't auto update.
You probably can't avoid it auto updating. Though after 1.20 has been applied go to the betas tab and choose 1.19 and it'll revert back to 1.19 and mods should be included in that.

As I've been playing a multiplayer game for a few months in 1.19, I had tried the above, BUT when I go to the BETA Tab I only have

Select the Beta you would like to opt into
NONE - Opt out of all beta programs​
(dropbox with no possibility to select something else)
What do I do wrong?

As I've been playing a multiplayer game for a few months in 1.19, I had tried the above, BUT when I go to the BETA Tab I only have

Select the Beta you would like to opt into
NONE - Opt out of all beta programs​
(dropbox with no possibility to select something else)
What do I do wrong?
You don't get a list of all old versions in the drop down menu?

(Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing?)

No I dont... or the dropbox is disabled
I edited in whether you could post a screenshot; much easier to help if we can see exactly where you're getting stuck.

And sounds strange.

(You can upload screenshots directly to the fora in case you aren't aware.)

Here is my screenshot :)
Looks really strange. You don't get anything by pressing the downwardspointing arrow? (Merely pressing the field is enough for me, but try pressing the arrow itself and see whether it does anything.)

This is what I get when I press the beta field. As you can see all patch levels post 1.3 is there (they didn't offer this pre 1.3, though I actually have a version of 1.1.3 lying on an old laptop---i.e. release level (the game released in 1.1.x)). As you can see 1.19 appears to already be available in the beta tab, though I'd personally let the game update to 1.20 and then roll back to 1.19 after that. The reason being that doing so in my experience is more robust, albeit it's really rare I've needed to stay on a patch level so my sample is really small.
Beta%20rollback.png

Attachments

• Beta rollback.png
    Beta rollback.png
    41,2 KB · Views: 64
OK, I found the solution. This was in the Steam settings, where I was not registered to take part to BETA. (this was a default Steam setting)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21,2 KB · Views: 430
OK, I found the solution. This was in the Steam settings, where I was not registered to take part to BETA. (this was a default Steam setting)
So it was set to not participate in any betas? Also sounds like a strange setting. And strange that I've never had to set it and yet been able to use betas.

I assume that you now can roll back?

So, the new patch ain't save game compatible. So if I roll back through Steam my game to Denmark, will Ironman still count? I'm currently en route to an achievement, but can't complete it before tomorrow, I hope all the hours will not have been for nothing?

So, the new patch ain't save game compatible. So if I roll back through Steam my game to Denmark, will Ironman still count? I'm currently en route to an achievement, but can't complete it before tomorrow, I hope all the hours will not have been for nothing?
Betas are ironman compatible. Also be aware that you can't even as much as load the save in 1.20 without it breaking permanently (or at least it normally is like that). So let the game update and then when it has finished updating revert to 1.19. That should be the safest thing to do.

Here is my screenshot :)
Got the same issue... haen't been able to roll back for at lest the last week.

Not sure it's related, the option you chose is strictly related to the beta of the Steam app, not game betas.

Nothing i've done has allowed me to change the version... verified the game cache, clean reinstall of the game or clean reinstall of Steam app, combined with rebooting of computer,...

Status
Not open for further replies.