• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

77Hawk77

Major
66 Badges
Mar 1, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • War of the Roses
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
I was looking through the game files of SD44 with the mod tools to try and figure out how the accuracy works in this game. And found it to be quite obvious really, but thought I'd share the modifiers and values on here, so that people who don't know can have a better understanding of how accuracy works in this game. Don't lynch me if this isn't 100% right, the explanations for the files are in French, but I am pretty sure about this.

Firstly the accuracy values in a graph, because I love graphs.
YtyCsNS.png

Next some more visual aids.
seU5C7b.png

I hope this helps if someone was confused.

- Some people have already come up with some good questions, once if I or someone else finds a really good answer to this I'll put it here in the OP so that you don't have to go through the thread.

[Q&A]
"How does stress affect accuracy?"

Extracted from DamageLevels.NDF:

10% Panicked = -1 to accuracy
20% Panicked = -2 to accuracy
30% Panicked = -3 to accuracy
40% Panicked = -4 to accuracy
80% Panicked = -4 to accuracy and morale = 0 = routing

Last edited:
Do you know the effects of suppression on accuracy? I'd also heard that accuracy is capped by veterancy, is that in the files or only found experimentally?

Aside, do you know the HE damage table or how to convert the in-game ROF to a meaningful one (yes I know it's ammunition by ammunition)? I knew these both in RD.

Also, worried seems to incur a -3 accuracy penalty. Proof: http://imgur.com/a/WwMEm

Being on the move also gives a penalty (for those fire on the move weapons ie vehicle MG, smg and autocannons). I think it is -2 or -3.

Also, cyhance to hit can be 0% with penalties and i have seen it.

Last edited:
So this is conformation there is 100% hit chance?
All these peoples complaining their flanking veteran tanks missing the Panther from closest distance and behind was all proven BSthen right?

Minimum accuracy 5 gun, vet 2 and close distance +3 means you can't miss because 2+10=12.
Which means you can remove luck from hitting and its only luck on the penetration then?

Do you know the effects of suppression on accuracy? I'd also heard that accuracy is capped by veterancy, is that in the files or only found experimentally?

Aside, do you know the HE damage table or how to convert the in-game ROF to a meaningful one (yes I know it's ammunition by ammunition)? I knew these both in RD.

I do not know for sure, but I believe that each level of stress gives you a -1 acc. But I did not find that exact modifier yet.
I'll try to look into stress and veterancy and see if i can answer those questions, I also don't think the HE and ROF tables are even available to modders yet. It's very strange but only some very general things are a modable at the moment.

So this is conformation there is 100% hit chance?
All these peoples complaining their flanking veteran tanks missing the Panther from closest distance and behind was all proven BSthen right?

Minimum accuracy 5 gun, vet 2 and close distance +3 means you can't miss because 2+10=12.
Which means you can remove luck from hitting and its only luck on the penetration then?

I am 90% certain that 100% accuracy is possible. I don't see a single line of code which limits the maximum cumulative accuracy. I'll even say as much that it shouldn't be hard to get to. With 5+ base acc, +3 from range and +2 from consecutive hits, a Panther should have 100% hit chance at point blank range after hitting twice and not penning, just like you say. If veterancy counts as + 1 acc, which is not confirmed, 100% accuracy should be possible at 500-600 meters, maybe even futher if command tanks also confer accuracy.

Also, worried seems to incur a -3 accuracy penalty. Proof: http://imgur.com/a/WwMEm

Being on the move also gives a penalty (for those fire on the move weapons ie vehicle MG, smg and autocannons). I think it is -2 or -3.

Also, cyhance to hit can be 0% with penalties and i have seen it.

Sadly what it shows you ingame isn't always how it works, the ingame sometimes show wrong values on both cards on UI, at least in my experience from wargame. If you want to find real proof, you should opt into the modding version and find the code for it, it will be a lot better for understanding.

could you give some RD examples.

The ROF in wargame red dragon, doesn't show the Rate of Fire for autocannons, but the amount of rounds in a burst IIRC. Same with machine guns and other hand guns. The accuracy of certain units was shown to be wrong occasionally too. If you read the patch notes for red dragon and go far enough back, you'll see several examples of them fixing the unit cards to show the reality. Which means that unit cards aren't directly connected to the values of the game.

The only part of your table that MIGHT not be wrong is the range part, and only the positive modifiers for it, everything else is a severe misrepresentation of the mechanics in the game. You even got the final accuracy on your examples wrong.

Which means that unit cards aren't directly connected to the values of the game.
no, this was never an issue in RD. At worst we had overly broad categories and amalgamations of stats. Perhaps CIWS quality was manually entered, but I cannot think of anything else. What I don't understand is why you mentioned the UI.

But disconnected values do appear to be an issue in SD, given that Pak AP bug earlier in beta (differing numbers on the unit card and icon).

no, this was never an issue in RD. At worst we had overly broad categories and amalgamations of stats. Perhaps CIWS quality was manually entered, but I cannot think of anything else. What I don't understand is why you mentioned the UI.

But disconnected values do appear to be an issue in SD, given that Pak AP bug earlier in beta (differing numbers on the unit card and icon).

"FIXES:
- RoF display bug fixed on tanks with autoloaders"

I don't know how you interpret this, but I understand it as meaning that the RoF displayed wasn't the actual rate of fire. That is not that many patches ago, and it's not the only time they fixed what the unit cards show. If you go back to early patches there was more like this.

"FIXES:
- RoF display bug fixed on tanks with autoloaders"

I don't know how you interpret this, but I understand it as meaning that the RoF displayed wasn't the actual rate of fire. That is not that many patches ago, and it's not the only time they fixed what the unit cards show. If you go back to early patches there was more like this.
unit card values were being rounded down on units with autoloaders after a change that slightly increased their time between bursts. The bug didn't have anything to do with use of unrelated numbers, but rather with them being truncated for display.
What are your issues with the UI, though. You clearly differentiated it from unit cards, and considering the context of the conversation, were you implying that the CTH displayed on mouseover/weapons isn't correct?

Last edited:
unit card values were being rounded down on units with autoloaders after a change that slightly increased their time between bursts. The bug didn't have anything to do with use of unrelated numbers, but rather with the effects of truncation.
What are your issues with the UI, though. You clearly differentiated it from unit cards, and considering the context of the conversation, were you implying that the indicated CTH in both games isn't right?

I don't want a longer discussion with you, the unit cards in RD didn't always match, it's what I said, I gave an example. If you want anything else you can read the full changelog.

in other words you're dismissing ingame proof such as that provided by Max_Damage just because you've glanced at snippets of code that aren't documented and that you've not written. Have you tried modifying it to see its effects, at least.
Sadly what it shows you ingame isn't always how it works, the ingame sometimes show wrong values on both cards on UI, at least in my experience from wargame. If you want to find real proof, you should opt into the modding version and find the code for it, it will be a lot better for understanding.
it's this overly authoritative approach to explaining mechanics that annoys me so much and perpetuates poor understanding.

Last edited:
in other words you're dismissing ingame proof such as that provided by Max_Damage just because you've glanced at snippets of code that aren't documented and that you've not written. Have you tried modifying it to see its effects, at least.
it's this overly authoritative approach to explaining mechanics that annoys me so much and perpetuates poor understanding.

Then instead of nagging, why don't you contribute? If you make a better model i'll be happy to include it.

I do not know for sure, but I believe that each level of stress gives you a -1 acc. But I did not find that exact modifier yet.
I'll try to look into stress and veterancy and see if i can answer those questions, I also don't think the HE and ROF tables are even available to modders yet. It's very strange but only some very general things are a modable at the moment.

I'm using an old RD modding tool made by power crystals, I'm in TAmmunitionDescriptor and can see TempsDeVisee, TempsEntreDeuxSalves, TempsEntreDeuxSalves_Min, TempsEntreDeuxSalves_Max, NbrProjectilesSimultanes, NbTirParSalves, and AffichageMunitionsParSalve, which I THINK is everything we need. What I don't have is the coding knowledge to dump it all into one big table, or the wherewithal to manually do it all.

No idea about the HE.

This guide leads to an interesting conclusion.

Having 6 accuracy 1000 m gives a better chances to hit compared to 5 acc 1200. Yeah Pak40 is more accurate then m5 76mm even with less range.