• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It runs for me now, however I noticed that Latin (Italian etc) and Byzantine (Greek etc) cultures now use the standard face pack. Must be a new bug.

Also it would be nice if we could turn the new feature that music is quieter in menus off. I like my music always at the same sound level.

EDIT:
Also weird that Mongols have old Mongol faces now, which look so incredibly plain now. Maybe you should update that DLC as the Cuman faces are so much more attractive now.

Last edited:
Reactions:
It runs for me now, however I noticed that Latin (Italian etc) and Byzantine (Greek etc) cultures now use the standard face pack. Must be a new bug.

Also it would be nice if we could turn the new feature that music is quieter in menus off.

Mine are using the Med portrait packs no trouble

Well. Horse Lords will launch now, but after getting so hyped up I find myself just frustrated and not even wanting to play.
The people of the western steppe still look like post-conquest Anatolian Turks, or Slavs (despite paying for beautiful new portraits), and the great cities and fortresses of the steppe are still nonexistent. I've had to mod in the portraits I paid for.
Did nobody catch these errors? Did nobody care? What the hell, Paradox?

I want to love this expansion, but the glaring problems that made me want it so badly have been almost completely ignored.
I'm playing as Khagan of one of the great powers of its day, ruling over one of the largest cities in Eurasia at the time, but according to Paradox we're camping in an empty field, hoping to save up for a livestock pen. Not cool.
I noticed something like this too but mine was in the eastern parts of the steppes where cultures like cuman, uyghur were using the muslim portaits. I haven't played vanilla in a long time but I don't think these are the correct portraits.
2015-07-14_00001.jpg
2015-07-14_00002.jpg

The Horse Lords Collection isn't available on Steam anymore, just the normal Horse Lords and the separate Content Pack. Is that going to be fixed?

Updated to 4.1, now the game thinks i have 0 dlc and i cant select that menu and choose any to play with.

The Horse Lords Collection isn't available on Steam anymore, just the normal Horse Lords and the separate Content Pack. Is that going to be fixed?

Nope content pack was never meant to be available on steam.

Reactions:
I've gave up and rolled back to 2.3.6, this release just looks like a mess. Think i'm going to wait until some fixes are sorted out.

I already paid for it.

What is going in Paradox?

I bought the content pack and Horselords dlc at the same time as well. Oh well.

Horse Lords DLCs don't appear in the DLC list on Steam when I look through Crusader Kings II DLCs via Crusader Kings II store page. You have to look for it manually.

Nope content pack was never meant to be available on steam.
that's odd, considering EU4 has a content pack approach. or is it for consistency within the CK2 DLC lineup?
edit: the content pack is still available for me. probably has something to do with my steam region settings? or were you referring to the Horse Lords collections (which disappeared indeed)

I've gave up and rolled back to 2.3.6, this release just looks like a mess. Think i'm going to wait until some fixes are sorted out.

I'm not aware of any problems with the release, are you seeing problems other than Horse Lords not working?

I assume that save games are not compatible with this update?
the standard paradox shill is that there's no guarantee it will work. I'd say there's a 5% chance it'll work fine, 45% chance it'll work with errors, and 50% chance it won't work at all :p

I'm not aware of any problems with the release, are you seeing problems other than Horse Lords not working?

Broken face packs, broken music volume and 2.4 is still running slow for many users. That's just a start, I'm sure more bugs will surface within 48 hours.

Reactions: