HOI4 Cornflakes 1.5.1 BETA patch [checksum: dbb6]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Italy keep sending hundreds of divisions in China and all around the world, instead of defending Libia, ethiopia and sardegna.

Is there any way to force the AI to defend their territory?

Dear Bratyn,

return of the Kaiser not firing after the surrender of Netherlands has been reported at the bug reports section of the forum, it has happened to others, me included, the explanation others offered was the Kaiser actually being dead by the time but not notified, however in my case I was lucky to only fight Netherlands and France making war easier and defeat pretty quick.

Please have a second look if possible to this issue.

Last edited:
Going the Democratic Japan route I noticed now that the focus that has Korea join (The Korean Question) Allies (as I'm part of the Allies) gives you a popup that they join, but they never actually joins at all.

we just updated with this:
##################################
# Balance
- Communist Chinese focus tree, now get's some infantry equipment production bonuses, for better gameplay balance.

# Database
- Political advisors unlocked from PRC/CHI focus trees, are now available to warlords that take over the government.
- Fixed some missing event pictures in Japanese border war.
- Added plenty of missing texts translations in various languages.
- Added bypasses to the "Japanese Non-Aggression Pact" focuses.

# Bugfix
- The amounts of air wings being sent as volunteers are now updated properly, and should no longer go negative.
- Fixed typo in the tooltip of command power description.
- Fixed some division names in German historical name list.
- Referendum decisions now have proper triggers, and will correctly display after Political Discourse is Opened, or ideology support is above 60%.
- "Test the Soviets" will now only execute a negative effect for Soviet Union if they actually lose.
- Splitted demobilization missions into two separate decisions, to fix an issue with strikes spirit getting stuck.
- Manchukuo "Five People Armies" - spawned divisions are no longer locked.
- Fixed some XP gain problems for unit leaders. Multiple leaders can gain XP from same combats now and XP gain does not depend on number of units in army (it depends only on number of units in combat) which should increase overall XP gain.
- Fixed command_power_gain modifier (which are currently being used in inflitration) behaving unexpectedly and causing too much effect on daily command power gain.
- "Expand Civil Support" and "Expand Military Support" decisions, are now removed when a civil war starts, even if still active.
- JAP, RAJ, SAF, ITA, and SOV revolters will no longer get their 'old' focus tree back if they miraculously win the civil war, because it broke many things.

# Stability & Performance
- Filtered out superficial unit and country leader values when calculating checksum, to avoid false positive OOS.
- Fixed possible OOS cause when client and host have different sets of leader portraits or names (DLCs and MODs may cause that each player in the session has different portraits/names).
- Added hotjoin and error code details to telemetry for OOS events, which will help us with tracking OOSes that happens to the players.
- Fixed potential OOS if only some of the players are using mods with unit names (related to the ace generation).

Dear Bratyn,

return of the Kaiser not firing after the surrender of Netherlands has been reported at the bug reports section of the forum, it has happened to others, me included, the explanation others offered was the Kaiser actually being dead by the time but not notified, however in my case I was lucky to only fight Netherlands and France making war easier and defeat pretty quick.

Please have a second look if possible to this issue.

The Kaiser cannot die before he is created, so this is for sure not the reason.

The japanese civil war seems broken in two ways. One is that the communist war is way too hard. They aren't allowed to prepare with the events that other countries get, and the civil war itself is seriously unbalanced in a way that 8 russian divisions can't fix. The war takes years with AI and even as a player it took me until late 1939. The country is basically crippled afterwards and it doesn't feel like the tree makes you bounce back stronger than ever. The reeducation focus should either go to 100 or slow down over time.

The democratic war is more reasonable, but both wars suffer the serious defect of basically wiping out your navy. Japan's navy should probably disappear or something until the war is over and then a smaller portion should join Manchuria. And in my games, potentially because the civil war takes so long, Manchuria is usually invaded by china before I can do anything, and Communist china is already defeated or taken over by Sinkiang.

To answer my own question: no, it's still not fixed in the current 1.5.1 beta, I've just checked (won the Soviet civil war, and the focus tree was reset). Very unfortunate, as it completely breaks the game for me :(

EDIT: Solved the issue by myself. For some reason the file 03_wtt_on_actions.txt in the "Hearts of Iron IV\common\on_actions" folder contains some extremely weird piece of code "on_civil_war_end" which clears the focus trees of some countries (including USSR) upon them winning civil wars (and does nothing else, so it's quite baffling why it appeared in the first place). Just remove this whole block and everything will be fine.

It would be interesting if the industrial tree of a minor was reset, but I'm guessing it was so the ideological portion of the tree wouldn't kick into motion if the wrong side won. I had that issue too and even though 6 tech slots was nice, it messed up my game.

XP gain is comically fast. The italian army now has god tier generals by the end of ethiopia.

Tested and 2 months in Ethiopia ( with starting 18/24 divisions assigned and AI battleplans active ) resulted in Italy's best General going from lvl 4 to 80% towards lvl 5, and earned 3 traits ( mountaineer, infantry leader & organizer ) + had about 50% progress towards 3 more traits.

Tested and 2 months in Ethiopia ( with starting 18/24 divisions assigned and AI battleplans active ) resulted in Italy's best General going from lvl 4 to 80% towards lvl 5, and earned 3 traits ( mountaineer, infantry leader & organizer ) + had about 50% progress towards 3 more traits.

in theory gain should be roughly 3x faster than last update, or there is some bug

in theory gain should be roughly 3x faster than last update, or there is some bug

Yes. Confirming that rerunning exactly the same scenario in 1.5.0 without beta results in about 27% progress from level 4 to 5 and one third trait gain, so 3x seems spot on.

I also tested to mod "LEADER_EXPERIENCE_SCALE" defines to be 0.1 instead of 1.0 ( so 10% ), and it had zero impact on leader xp gain. Is it not being used anymore?

Yes. Confirming that rerunning exactly the same scenario in 1.5.0 without beta results in about 27% progress from level 4 to 5 and one third trait gain, so 3x seems spot on.

I also tested to mod "LEADER_EXPERIENCE_SCALE" defines to be 0.1 instead of 1.0 ( so 10% ), and it had zero impact on leader xp gain. Is it not being used anymore?
there is one used for navy, but regular one isnt used anymore now.

alright by then maybe we are overreacting. 3x faster to me isnt the difference between "I never ever get a level" and "everything is comically fast". So is it an issue with how steep the slowdown curve is then perhaps?

First: Good Work on the DLC and HotFixes. Like your Work.

It is possibel to bring back a way in Japan Focus Tree to make Siam as a Puppet? I like to build infrastructure and controll her Units. For MPs , i think, a "must have" Option.

Sorry for my bad Englisch.

Fascist countries in Europe are already set to ignore Japan and never enter a faction with them, so i don't know what is going on. I assume Germany doesn't exist anymore in these scenarios or is not fascist?
Wait? Fascist countries in Europe are set to ignore Japan??? Then how the hell did Bulgaria join Japan when I was The German Empire... I also think Romania joined Japan in a different game too... I thought it was WAD.

there is one used for navy, but regular one isnt used anymore now.

alright by then maybe we are overreacting. 3x faster to me isnt the difference between "I never ever get a level" and "everything is comically fast". So is it an issue with how steep the slowdown curve is then perhaps?

I think the big issues with asymmetric XP gain ( for both leaders and division xp ) is that it's based only on time spent in combat.

This means that 1936-37 combat vs Ethiopia, SCW and China ( which is almost constant and have units doing very little damage ) can see massive leader XP gain.
But it also means that 1940- latewar combat with 5 times higher soft attack values = 5 times shorter combat, or battles where players micro and overrun AI in a few hours without a fight, see very little or almost no leader XP gain.

This probably explains why some players ( especially when fighting early war ) can see huge gains and other report it's impossible to see levels even after massive wars with millions of casualties.

Status
Not open for further replies.