HoI 4 - Anarchist Spain doesn't get cores over Portugal after Iberian Council - [v1.9.0]&[ab9e]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scyth33

Corporal
10 Badges
Apr 19, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
Description of issue
HOI4 - Anarchist Spain doesn't get cores on Portugal after focus [v1.9.0]&[ab9e]

Game Version

Enabled DLC
All of the above

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Description
Anarchist Spain doesn't gain cores over Portugal after the Iberian Regional Council focus.

Steps to Reproduce
Get the focus, portuguese cores should be spanish cores but they are still occupied territories.

Upload Attachment
4d5c53a606.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's a post on reddit where the author claims:
You have to have 0% resistance in all Portuguese cores in order for the focus to work properly.

I noticed this on my second Anarchist run, where I didn't get the cores when forming Iberia, and only noticed that the focuses describes getting the cores around mid-1940, once I'd removed all the resistance in Portugal.

Not sure why this is, I wish the focus would tell you this before you take it.
( https://www.reddit.com/r/hoi4/comme...ead/fiw0bmv?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x )

So it may be related to resistance somehow?

There's a post on reddit where the author claims:
You have to have 0% resistance in all Portuguese cores in order for the focus to work properly.

I noticed this on my second Anarchist run, where I didn't get the cores when forming Iberia, and only noticed that the focuses describes getting the cores around mid-1940, once I'd removed all the resistance in Portugal.

Not sure why this is, I wish the focus would tell you this before you take it.​

So it may be related to resistance somehow?

So, I wrote that post and I figured out what the issue was.

It's not resistance-related, unfortunately, it's way more annoying.

Essentially, the problem is that the previous focus, "Portugese Anarchism", creates a generic civil war tag (e.g. D04) with a generic focus tree that is linked to the Portugal tag rather than being the Portugal tag with an Anarchist focus tree like how Spain has.

This means when you annex the civil war tag after beating Portugal and the game deletes the civil war tags' cores, the game thinks that it also has deleted the Portuguese ones too.

This is why the Iberian Regional Council Focus doesn't give you the Portuguese cores, because how that focus is set up is that it cores every state only if it has a Portuguese core, but the game doesn't think they exist anymore, thus giving you no cores.

The only to fix this is to wait until someone else in the world generates another generic civil war tag (usually Vichy France) that un-links the Portugal tag from the aforementioned civil war tag; so that the focus will finally recognize that, yes, Portugal indeed does exist.

TLDR; don't form Iberia until France decides that, if there were two Frances, they can be twice as incongruent.

@Mark Byte Wow, really detailed analysis.

I also just tried my pre-Iberian-Defense-Council save in the new 1.9.1 beta (8eaf) and it's fixed now, areas are correctly cored.

Issue not happening anymore in "1.9.1 beta (8eaf)"