• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Danir

Margrave of Moravia
81 Badges
Oct 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Just wondering if we would finally get random coat of arms which actually follow heraldic rules, the ahistorical fully random CoA in Ck2 were a headache. And it would be a shame if Ck3 had to rely on mods as well to fix it.

a dev's said that heraldry nerds will love it. have you noticed the shields that are divided into three fields? i bet that's a hint of it

court_01.jpg

Is this the three fields thing at the top one?

DD_WM_CivilWarBorders.png

Is that a split of genoa and some snake thing?

DD1.png

Dover-Godwin?

Trying to help here but I know nothing of heraldry so tell me if this isn't relevant to what was asked for.

court_01.jpg

DD1.png

Dover-Godwin?

Trying to help here but I know nothing of heraldry so tell me if this isn't relevant to what was asked for.
yeah, that's what i was talking about

court_01.jpg

DD1.png

Dover-Godwin?

Thank You very much good sir or lady for sharing this.
Wow, the coat of arms getting modified by a combinstion of different arms is great, now let’s hope New CoA generation will know how colours are supposed to work and this will be something great.

EDIT: It seems it really is that way I don’t assume the court physician was pre-created.

Thank You very much good sir or lady for sharing this.
Wow, the coat of arms getting modified by a combinstion of different arms is great, now let’s hope New CoA generation will know how colours are supposed to work and this will be something great.

EDIT: It seems it really is that way I don’t assume the court physician was pre-created.
It evidently doesn't know how colours work if you look at the second coat of arms (Hiba Uquessun) with a white charge on a yellow section of the field.

It evidently doesn't know how colours work if you look at the second coat of arms (Hiba Uquessun) with a white charge on a yellow section of the field.
Not necersarilly as there is green beneath the white. It is a bit strange though, I agree.

I don't recognise the charge since it's so small. Is it a ring?

Assuming it's a ring: "Proper on argent" is not a violation, even if proper (in this case) is or.

I don't recognise the charge since it's so small. Is it a ring?

Assuming it's a ring: "Proper on argent" is not a violation, even if proper (in this case) is or.

Pretty sure that is suppose to be the Iron Crown of Lombardy, or a representation of Jesus's crown of thorns. Every rule is defined by it's exceptions though, and there are may heraldry throughout the ages that have broken the color rule.
11389282bf2694dfab40007eab5e119c.jpg

Pretty sure that is suppose to be the Iron Crown of Lombardy, or a representation of Jesus's crown of thorns. Every rule is defined by it's exceptions though, and there are may heraldry throughout the ages that have broken the color rule.

Not sure this would be an exception. from the looks of it to me you've got: Ermine (Fur) on Or (Metal), Gules (Color) on Ermine (Fur), and Argent (Metal) on Gules (Color)

EDITED: Also if Paradox does not want to create an advance CoA generator then please arrange in one way or another for us to upload images to use as our CoA in the game. Not all of us are modders or know about programming and stuff. I'd be happy to throw money at Paradox for this feature.

Not sure this would be an exception. from the looks of it to me you've got: Ermine (Fur) on Or (Metal), Gules (Color) on Ermine (Fur), and Argent (Metal) on Gules (Color)

EDITED: Also if Paradox does not want to create an advance CoA generator then please arrange in one way or another for us to upload images to use as our CoA in the game. Not all of us are modders or know about programming and stuff. I'd be happy to throw money at Paradox for this feature.
Personally I would guess that the CoA creator which was in Ck2 will make a return.
It basically is an interface which manually sets things the generator does automatically doesn’t seem very hard to implement (saying as a non-programmer though). Although now that it seems that the generator might follow heraldic rules most of the time it could possibly change, however I doubt that they wouldn’t at least add it post launch as a feature even if it wasn’t part of the game at launch.

During playthroughs, I would enjoy the ability to modify one for my character (or vassal) to reflect their achievements, fiefdom/culture, &/or marshaling with a famous house. :cool:

During playthroughs, I would enjoy the ability to modify one for my character (or vassal) to reflect their achievements, fiefdom/culture, &/or marshaling with a famous house. :cool:
nice idea.

Doesn't break the rule of tincture:
ermine a chevron gules three trefoil argent a bordure invected(?) or

Honestly, a very nice coat of arms.

Last edited: