Hearts of Iron 4 first look: a slick return for the veteran WWII strategy series

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Counters might not yet be implemented in game at this point and "tiny models" are sprites were made especially just for people who aren't accustomed to wargames (like the press).

I am willing to wait and see the final effect, because this is still a pre-alpha and a lot can change.

Yeah, they really gotta stop having people preview this game who clearly never played the previous entries, and just looked at screenshots of them.

Or, rather, stop posting those reviews.
This. My thoughts exactly when I read it. It's also the reason I no longer read "gaming journalist reviews". But that's a whole different topic.

...."little rectangles". Apparently, mainstream journalism isn't the only segment of the Media industry completely incapable of the most minimal amounts of research.

Since when did we make the decision to market this game to the CoD demographic??

I also really really REALLY doubt that they would take counters out. It would be counter-productive
To rephrase it better, it would be counter-unproductive.

we'll have counters. Not because we need them for this time the sprite interface is going to contain just as much information but because some players will want to keep the boardgame feel. I personally used counters in hoi3 but I wont in hoi4 I think. Adding traditional counters is going to be one of the last things we do during beta so dont expect to see them for a long time.

Reactions:
we'll have counters. Not because we need them for this time the sprite interface is going to contain just as much information but because some players will want to keep the boardgame feel. I personally used counters in hoi3 but I wont in hoi4 I think. Adding traditional counters is going to be one of the last things we do during beta so dont expect to see them for a long time.

Thank you for the update on this, Podcat. I know it was on a lot of our minds.

Thanks for the reassurance pod cat :)

I personally used counters in hoi3 but I wont in hoi4 I think. Adding traditional counters is going to be one of the last things we do during beta so dont expect to see them for a long time.
Is there an open beta planned or will all testing be done internal by your own staff? I am asking because I'd be interested in testing through that AI, if there would be a possibility to do so. I am sure a lot of community members would lend you a hand as well, should you need it.

Urge to kill...fading....fading....gone.

*1930s Vaudeville applause*
Thank you, good sir. I have to say that many of your posts and puns acted as an inspiration given the amount of laughing they caused for me ;) (especially in the CK2 forum).

/off topic, sorry for that people.

Am I missing something? Wasn't this article posted a few days ago? If I may please ask, why are y'all posting the same article again? It is in the thread of previews, articles and interviews.