• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Esteemed Mr. Haas,
I and my entire family thank you for your letter. I am happy that you and Xaver were able to end the rivalry between our families. We kept that letter of apology as a reminder. Will you come to the funeral?

Best,
~ Torsten von Warendorf

Dear Mr. Harnischer
Thank you for your condolences. You are most welcomed to attend the funeral and I thoroughly hope to see you there.
I am aware that you and my uncle have been close and I hope we will be too, after all we have both been ministers for quite a while now. After the funeral is over, I plan to run for the vacant position of statthalter with the intention to continue this administration's politics. Hopefully, the Harnischer-von Warendorf- alliance continues even now that my uncle has passed.

Yours,
Torsten von Warendorf

Torsten replied to a couple more letters in the afternoon. A lot of people offered him and his family their condolences, including the Patrician house Haas which made him happy.

((As Friedrich Haas))

Good Torsten von Warendorf

I am glad too that our families ended the feud couple of years ago. And of course I will come to the funeral. Markus will also be there.

Friedrich Haas

Twan walked home from his work and passed by the market, to get some food for the evening, when he saw this beautiful woman. He walked towards her, trying to start a conversation with her.

Twan: “Hello there, madam.”

Anna was little surprised as she did not know this man, but as a polite young lady, she still answered “Good evening Herr. Should I know you from somewhere?"

Twan: “You honestly shouldn’t. I just wanted to tell you that you are a beautiful woman.”

The situation was little awkward in Anna’s opinion. Maybe the man was drunk? She still tried to be polite “Well, thank you Herr.”

Twan: “Sorry if I seem a bit awkward, I am a bit nervous in the presence of a beautiful lady like you. My name is Twan van Buren, May I know your name too?”

Anna blushed a little and answered “Anna Haas.”

Twan quickly realized that he was talking to one of the richest women in the city. “A beautiful name for a beautiful lady.”

Anna: “Thank you once again, Twan, was it?” Anna smiled to him. “May I ask, did you have something to tell me or my family, or did you just come to chat?”

Twan: “I just wanted to have a chat with you, lady Anna. Do you mind if I walk with you to your residence?”

Anna: “Of course not. I live outside the city walls, in the Haas’ Mansion. You might know it?”

Twan: “Of course I do. It is one of the most grand mansions in Lübeck.”

Anna: “It is rather magnificent, I got to admit. Our family has lived there for centuries.” Anna started walking to the direction where she was originally heading to.

Twan started walking too. “Do you have any interests? I, personally am very interested in Sami and Finnish people.” Twan hoped they had some common interest

Anna chuckled a little. “What a coincidence. I have been studying about Scandinavian and Finno-Ugric culture and nature. Seems like we have something in common.”

Twan: “Never thought that someone else would share my interest, especially not a lady like you. But I am happy to know that there are others with the same interest, like you. What does interest you the most about the Finns?”

Anna: “About Finns? Well, of course their language. It is so different than ours. You know any Finnish?”

Twan: “Kyllä, mutta olen vasta aloittelija” ((Yes, but I am only a beginner.))

Anna laughed. “What have made you interested in Finnish and other Northern cultures?”

Twan: “A couple years ago, I went to the market to get some books to read, and my curiosity made me buy some books about the Finnish and Sami. I quickly became interested in them when reading the books.”

Anna: “It is nice to know someone else who is also interested in the Northern cultures.” She thought for some while if she should tell this man her little dream, but eventually she told it “You know what? I have been dreaming about traveling around Scandinavia and Finland. That would be so amazing…”

Twan thought about offering her to travel together, as he had saved up a lot of money. But maybe it was too much for this first meeting. “I do have the money that we can travel through Scandinavia together, but I suppose that you don’t want to go with someone you just met at the marketplace, but I guess I got a little carried off…”

Anna was surprised. Did this man just offer her a trip around the North? “As I said, I would love to get to travel around North, but you are right, I wouldn’t go with a man I just met. Still thanks for the offer.” She chuckled.

Twan: “You made the better choice. You really shouldn’t trust someone you meet too much at the first time.” Twan saw the Haas’ Mansion coming up in the distance. “It seems like we are almost there.”

Anna: “It seems so. It was really nice to meet you Twan. I hope we meet again some other day.”

Twan: “I hope so too. I wish you a good rest of the day. I shall be going to my home now.”

Twan went home and made his dinner for the day.

((Joint-IC between this young, handsome reindeer I met in the IRC chat named @Janha, and myself))

Cadorna was in Lauenburg inspecting the garrison when he had learned that his good friend of sixteen years had passed. Upon recieving the letter, he wrote to Torsten von Warendorf:
My sincerest condolences, Torsten von Warendorf,
You're uncle has been a good friend these past sixteen years. I have made time to attend his funeral.
~Commander of Forces and General of the Lubecker Army, Giovanni Cadorna
((He chose to write his full title because it was a solemn letter))
((Also, @delpiero1234 do you think it would count as cheating to try and trigger the Turkish invasion of Constantinople before Cadorna dies of old age?))

((Also, @delpiero1234 do you think it would count as cheating to try and trigger the Turkish invasion of Constantinople before Cadorna dies of old age?))
((@Janha and I think that this would be unreasonable because why should the Ottoman Empire invade Byzantium and her overlord Aragon just because of an Italian living in Lübeck? We understand that it would be fun for you to write ICs about the fight in Constantiple but all you can do is wait for the Ottomans to invade Byzantium. I believe they already took the mission to conquer Constantinople.))

- - - - - - - - -

Dear Giovanni Cadorna,
thank you for your letter and for coming to the funeral. I know it would have meant a lot to my uncle Xaver.

~ Torsten von Warendorf

Time to Say Good Bye
The Funeral of Xaver von Warendorf, 25. September 1460

It was a warm day, the sun was shining but the mood in th city wasn't good. It was the day of the funeral of the late statthalter - sad event and the last chance to say good bye to the man who ruled over the republic for almost two decades.

The funeral opened with a mass at Lübeck Cathedral. Many guests were invited and Torsten, Xaver's nephew, was looking forward to finding out who would pay his uncle the respect he deserved. The entire von Warendorf family was there, including Torsten's wife and their four children, as well as his father Albrecht. Jeremias Gründewaldt of Hamburg, Jürgen Engels of Bremen, Nikolaus II von Sulzbach of Riga were among the foreign head of states which made it to Lübeck for the funeral. The delegation of England, however, had not arrived in time due to bad weather conditions in the North Sea.

Archbishop Blütenbad held the mass at the cathedral. The bishop and Xaver weren't always on the same page, especially not when it came to the Jewish community, but the man did his duty despite their differences. After the service was over, the coffin was brought to the catacombs of the cathedral where it was placed next to the coffin of his father who also served as statthater of Lübeck before him. The funeral ended with a banquet where fine food was served. The city had to return to normality and a premature election would have to be held in early October...

((The funeral is our IC-event for this chapter. Feel free to use it to make an IC or a joint-IC with other characters who you want to meet at the funeral.))

234.2013%23%23S.jpg

Name: Cornelius Von Staden
Date of Birth: 5th Februrary, 1427
Religion: Roman Catholic

Bio: Born to a rich merchant family of Lubeck, Cornelius was destined for greatness. Born as the third born son of Augustus Von Staden, Cornelius had little pressure to take part in the family business, as it would rely mostly in the shoulders of his brothers, resulting in the pursue of other ideas. He became quite erudite at a very young age, reading complex books and taking interest in subjects such as Government, History and Economics. Seeing his son's greatness, at the age of 18, Augustus sent Cornelius to Padua in Italy where he was to study Law. He did great in the University, and graduated with honours after five years studying in the institution, after graduation he spent two years travelling around western europe, learning more languages and becoming very knowledgeable in several other topics. He recently ended his trip and returned to Lubeck looking for an oportunity to rise up in the ranks of the government, and do his duty in the name of the city he cares so much for.

Reactions:
((Joint-IC between @delpiero1234 and me))

Hendrik still wasn’t a fan of the Lübeck Cathedral, but he did like the mass. Then it was time for the banquet in which everyone would try to forget the fact that Xaver had died and tried to cheer themselves up, which didn’t work too much for Hendrik, because he sat at the same table as Haas, probably the most boring person in the city, and “not quite the nicest chap” Fischer. He also sat next to this whiny kid, who had told him that he would make 10 times as much money in one year as he would in a lifetime. He just assumed it was a grandson of Fischer, since the Haas would be too boring and stale to say such things. The other seat next to him was not yet occupied, and Albrecht von Warendorf sat down there.

Hendrik: “Hello there, Albrecht. Good to see you.”

“Oh, Hendrik! Thanks for having attended the funeral. It means a lot to us and we know you’ve had a long journey.” Albrecht became with the death of Xaver the oldest living von Warendorf member so he was sad about the death but not as much as others.

“I am already happy that I made it in time. I arrived in Lübeck this morning after almost 2 days of continuous travel."

“The Royal English delegation had not as much luck as you. I haven’t seen you in years. How do you like Friesland?”

“It is just as I remembered it from more than 20 years ago. It is like Lübeck, but a bit less prosperous. Groningen is a lovely city, and I am happy to live there again. Lübeck is the only other place I feel truly at home.”

He took a sip of his cup, it was filled with red wine, while listening to his brother’s friend. “Good, good. It makes me happy that you are doing well again, after those tragic events that led to your bankruptcy. Your son Twan remained in the city. I’ve seen him a few times but his relationship with my family is not the same as it is with you.”

“Ah. Not great to hear about my son, but I suppose he’d rather have a more calm life without any rivals or enemies. In my time as Master of Coin I have made too many, although a good amount of allies too.”

“Don’t forget all that money you earned too. Being powerful comes at a price. People have been jealous at my family’s success since I can remember. I fear the alliance and friendship between our houses could end when you in many years meet the Lord. It would be a pity seeing as you and Xaver put so much work into it.” Albrecht looked at his opponent skeptically.

“Our alliance has been one of the closest in Lübeck, and it would indeed be a shame to see it fall apart. But I do not think he would end it, he is smarter than that. It may not be what it once was, it I think it will remain.” Hendrik also took a sip of his wine.

“Well, at least one of us is positive about that then. Do you see that man over there?” Albrecht points at Jeremias Gründewaldt, the Statthalter of Hamburg.

“Aye. I have not seen him before, can you tell me who that is?” Hendrik wasn’t very involved in Lübeckian politics anymore.

“It’s the statthalter of Hamburg, Jeremias Gründewaldt. Please excuse me Hendrik. I should go and welcome him. I thank you again for coming to the funeral and hope we can chat more later.”

To the Honourable Thomas Von Clausen,

I am Cornelius Von Staden, son of the Honourable merchant Augustus Von Staden, and I humbly address you in order to seek employment in the Judiciary ranks of the great city of Lubeck. I was raised and lived most of my life in the city, and I want to see it grow, and prosper like any man of sane mind would. Thus, I humbly offer you my services, I am a trained lawyer, for I studied the Law in the renowned university of Padua, and I am ready to fulfil my life's ambition of practicing the Law, whilst helping my city and its residents to grow more powerful in the international stage. Thus, I ask you for employment as a judge in the city, I guarantee you, thee shall not be disappointed with my skills, for I shall do all in my power to make this city even greater than it already is, as I always dreamed and wished for.

I humbly await your response,

Cornelius Von Staden

Last edited:
Name: Olivier Dupont
Date of Birth: 19th of October 1431
Religion: Catholic

AN00979455_001_l.jpg

Biography: A Walloon by birth, Olivier's father ran a quite succesful book shop in Luxembourg. He was therefor able to afford a decent education for his son, including Dutch, French, German, Latin, Mathematics, Rethoric and History. As Olivier grew up, he took over his father's business, and expanded it with books of theological nature. The content these books carried were often a criticism of the Catholic Church, and the corruption within. The Burgundian administrators were fairly indifferent towards these scriptures and ideas, because they did not view them as a direct threat to their authority and because frankly, they did not care that much for spiritual matters. However, the situation changed when the Low Countries were subjected to Castillian rule. The Spaniards proved themselves to be less willing to turn a blind eye on the publications of the Duponts. The establishment of the Inquisition in Luxembourg thus led Olivier and his family to flee the country, along with their printing press and most of their wealth.

Their options were limited; they could not settle in any Dutch, Flemish, or Walloon city, since the Inquisition had a strong presence there. The King of France was also known to be a devout Catholic. One of the German states was the most preferable location. After staying in a few German cities like Frankfurt and Hannover, the Dupants permanently settled in Lübeck in 1459, a city said to be tolerant towards free thinkers. Olivier opened a book store along the Grosse Burgstrasse, called La Conaissance, where he made a decent income. Though claiming to be a pious Catholic, the books he published led some to question his true beliefs.

Reactions:
((September 1460; after the funeral.))

Dear Cornelius Von Staden,
the court of Lübeck is always looking for trained lawyers and as such I gladly offer you a position as judge here at the Lübeckian court. Your education is impressive and I am confident that you will be an excellent addition to the court.
Usually the appointment of new judges is done by our statthalter but as you might now we currently do not have one and so this honor goes to me. You will be given an office at the city's court next week. I look forward to working with you together on enforcing the law in Lübeck.

~ Thomas von Clausen

((A Joint-IC with @delpiero1234. Many thanks to him))

Everyone was quiet. The Statthalter’s coffin was placed in the grave. The priest said the last prayers. A woman was crying in the crowd. It was a sad moment…

After the burial was over, everyone went to the banquet that was organized not far from the Cathedral. People )were mostly quiet. Xaver von Warendorf had been a loved man, and it was hard to accept the fact that he had passed away…

Many foods and drinks were served at the banquet. Some speeches were also given. Mostly people just walked around and chatted with the other quests. Friedrich and Elise had seen an old friend, and went to talk with him. Amanda was getting more food for herself. Markus just walked around, sometimes taking a sip from his drink. Soon he saw Torsten sitting in a table with some other people, most likely his relatives. Markus had never met this man, so he decided to go chat him.

“Good evening.” said Markus to get his attention.

Torsten turned around, noticing a short man
. “Good evening, Herr?” He didn’t know who stood in front of him, assuming it was a rather unimportant guest.

“Markus Haas. You most likely know my father. May I join you on your table?”

Of course Torsten knew the Haas family. Their influence wasn’t what it used to be and he had never met this Markus before. “Please, have a seat. Forgive my ignorance for not recognizing you.”

Albrecht was also sitting at their table. “Mr Haas, it is good to see you.”

Markus sat on the table. “Good to see you too Albrecht.” He took a sip from his water. “So, I hope I didn’t disturb anything important.”

“No, you are not intruding on anything here, Mr. Haas” said Torsten. Lots of thoughts crossed his mind. “It is kind of you to attend the funeral.”

“Xaver was a really good ruler, so of course I came to his funeral. This is actually an honour.” He took another sip of his drink “It is really unfortunate that he passed away… He didn’t look like he was ill or anything. He was energetic man for his age, I’d say.”

“His death surprised us all but he was not the youngest anymore.” replied Albrecht. The other relatives at the table left the talking to them.

“What are your thoughts for the future of Lübeck now, Mr. Haas? I read your father retired.” Torsten was surprised that Friedrich Haas, only in his 40s, had retired from the republic’s politics. Markus seemed rather inexperienced; he was in his mid 20s and had no track of records. How could such a man lead a Patrician House he wondered?

“He indeed retired. He was not interested in the politics anymore. But me, I will run for the Statthalter position next month. I assume you will too? You would have high chances of winning.” He took another sip of his drink “People trust von Warendorfs.”

Torsten looked at Albrecht who nodded before he replied. “I do. As Master of Coin I was part of this administration and I plan to continue its work in the future.”

“Mr. Haas, did you know that your father did not run last election? You are quite young, aren’t you?” Albrecht asked Markus some questions to see how he would handle them.

“I knew that. I was around 18-year-old. At that time, he was rather shocked about his cousin’s death which is why he dropped out of the elections.” Markus took a last sip of his drink.

“Now you are in your early 20s and already working hard to climb to the top of the latter. I hope you won’t fall.” Albrecht couldn’t understand why the Haas family had made a lad the head of their house.

“I hope so too, but I don’t have high hopes of winning the elections as there are you, Torsten, and Fischer also running. But I think this is a good way for the aldermen to get to know me.”

“Even as opponents, I thank you for coming to the funeral, Mr. Haas. I do not wish to discuss politics though too much today out of respect for the late statthalter. If you would like to talk about politics with me we can gladly do that after the funeral.” Torsten raised his glass. “We should have a toast, a toast to the bright future which our late statthalter has built for us.”

Markus toasted with the others. “I hope the next Statthalter will continue the success of Lübeck that late Xaver started.” Suddenly he heard Amanda’s voice behind him. “There you are Markus.” she said. Markus smiled and presented Amanda to the other men in the table “This is my wife, Amanda.” He stood up. “I think I will leave your company now. It was nice to talk with you gentlemen.”

Torsten, Albrecht and the others saluted Markus who then returned to his table on which also the van Buren family was sitting.

((September, shortly before the Funeral))

To the Honorable Torsten von Warendorf,

Greetings, my name is Cornelius Von Staden, the son of Augustus Von Staden, I write in the name of my family for mainly two reasons. Firstly, I must give the condolences in regards to the Von Staden family to the Von Warendorf family for the recent death of Statthalter Xaver von Warendorf, your Honourable uncle was a great man to this city, a man that every Lubecker owns many thanks, rest assured all of the Von Staden family will be in his funeral, to pay our last respects to such a great man. Secondly, I, Cornelius Von Staden write you with a important objective: To offer you my services. I, for many years, lived in Padua in the Italian States where I studied Law in the city's University, so I consider myself a capable man. Despite being trained in the field of Law, I can also serve as a minister, an advisor, or whatever you require of me, for I will be always loyal, in Honour of Duty and the relationship between our families.

I humbly await your response,

Cornelius Von Staden

((After the Funeral))

Dear Sir,

It is in the time of great mourning for our league, and in deed mourning for Lubeck, that Xaver the Belligerent be put to rest. Such times are troubling for our city, but let us recognize one thing. That the storm clouds will pass over our great city, and God's sun shall shine again on this principality. It is my duty, to offer to you, the chance to face the future, not alone, but together. Our city needs leaders, and together, maybe, we, the young, can lead us into a new age, of prosperity, and glory for our nation. Yet for such a thing, we need to get something. Something, that at the moment, that we do not have. Ties. Ties between our families. To let us unite in prosperity, and mutual trust and benefit, I offer my hand to your young sister, Anna. Marriage between our families' will only help us int eh coming future. Let us face the coming days, together, as a family. But to truely be a family, I need to marry your sister, so that we may prosper, as brothers, in sprit, and in law.

Franz von Rennenkampf

Reactions:
((24. September, a day before the funeral.))
Torsten showed his father Albrecht a letter he had received from the Lübeckian von Staden merchant family.

"Father, may I have a moment? Cornelius von Staden would like to work for me."

"Ooh. I have known them for many years now. They are good merchants, loyal people, always kept their end of the bargains. I think you can trust him. What employment does he seek"

"He studied law in Northern Italy and wishes to be hired as advisor."

"We could always make use of a man who knows the law well. Hire him."

"I will do, father."

He left this father's home and returned to his office where he wrote a reply to von Staden.

Esteemed Mr. von Staden,
on behalf of my entire family I thank you for the letter and for offering us your condolences. It is much appreciated and shows your great class. The funeral of Xaver von Warendorf is already tomorrow and you are most welcome to attend it, if you can make it on such short notice.
My father Albrecht has told me of the fruitful working relationship he has had with your family and so I gladly accept your offer and offer you employment as an advisor on legal matters. Furthermore you would be working at my family's business, which is supverised by my father, where you'd be writing out contracts and, from time to time be checking books. We operate trade posts also in Riga and Hamburg so you would be traveling sometimes.

I hope this offer is to your liking and I look forward to see you soon, maybe even tomorrow at the funeral.

~ Torsten von Warendorf

To ensure that the letter reached von Staden in time, Torsten entrusted it to one of his personal messengers who delivered it later that day.

((Joint-IC between @luc124 and myself.))

The Funeral had ended, and the body of the late leader now rested underneath the great Cathedral of the city, and out of it, came Cornelius. The recently appointed minister to the Warendorf family attended the funeral, not only due to his recent employment, but also due to his long family ties with the Warendorf’s. He saw a large crowd of people, many important officials, officers, merchants, anyone important in the city was there, to pay their last respects to the late head of State. He kept looking at the crowd, trying to find some familiar face, someone he could talk to, he walked through the crowd, making small talk with some merchants, talking about politics & etc. Soon, in his front, came Twan Van Buren, the son of the old Master of Coin, he remembered what Torsten told him, he wasnt there only to pay his respects, he was there on a mission. He approached Van Buren, and started his mission.

“Van Buren, Sir” said Cornelius, “It is, a great honour”.

Twan was kinda surprised. Someone was honoured to meet him! He was merely an officer!

“Hello. If I recall correctly, I have never met you before. May I know your name?”

“Quite so! My name is Cornelius Von Staden, you’ve likely not known me since I spent the last years abroad, however, you likely know my father, Master Augustus Von Staden?”

“I have sometimes heard that name yes. Good to meet you, herr von Staden.”

“Do you have a moment to spare? I must discuss with you something of importance, only if you have the time of course”.

“Of course I do have time to discuss something of importance.”

“Please follow me”.

Cornelius started to walk, and Van Buren followed him, with both man walking at a slow, yet confident pace.

“What do you say of the late Statthalter?”

“He was a good Statthalter, and it truly is terrible that he had to die so soon.”

“Quite a tragedy, yet, life must go on, and we have other matters to attend. Tell me, who will you support, in the next election?”

“Most likely Torsten von Warendorf.”

“Do you have doubts? Or is he your final choice?”

“I do not doubt my choice, unless the situation changes significantly I will vote Torsten von Warendorf.”

“Great, for that eases my point, I am a studied man, Herr Van Buren, I have a Law degree from Padua University, and I travelled through most of Europe, so I can say I have some Idea of the right and wrong choices. The Choice of supporting Herr Torsten is the right one. He holds you in high esteem, are you aware?”

“I was not that aware, as I have not met him a lot.”

“I have recently come into his employment, he talks great wonders about you, says you, and your family, are vital assets to the city! And he wishes to know if you will support him in the upcoming election, I suppose the answer is a Yes?”

Twan didn’t trust what the man said. Did he really just suggest that Torsten didn't trust him to vote for him? “So Torsten doesn’t trust me to vote for him? And instead of meeting me personally, he sends someone else to do it for him?” Twan was visibly quite angry at what the man had said.

“I was not sent by Herr Torsten, Herr Van Buren, I wanted to know of whom you were to vote in the Election! My house is a great supporter of House Warendorf, Herr Van Buren, I was not sent by anybody! I am here in my own way, I was not dispatched here, I truly believe herr Torsten can do the best for this city, and such I came to you in order to see whom you were voting for, Herr Torsten would be glad to meet you at anytime, if you are interested in talking with him, I would be glad to organise such an encounter! Please, my good sire, I am a man of Honour, of an Honourable family, I do not act as a Courier, only in my own ideas!”

Twan overheard this man ramble on and on, and he didn’t follow anything the man said. “Tell Torsten that you have made me rethink my choice to vote for him as Statthalter. If he wants to meet me, that is fine by me. But to not trust one of his closest allies to vote for him makes me doubt my choice. Have a good day.” Twan walked home, ticked off by the trust that Torsten didn’t have in him. He would reconsider voting at all, maybe even voting for Haas instead…

Reactions:
Heinrich stood up. His knees were getting even worse and then this headaches. He decided to get out of the office to get some fresh air. The previous day's were very hard for Heinrich as the funeral of his good friend Xaver von Warendorf, brought him to thoughts about his one death.
He was 53 now and he recognized his age. The streets in the city were loud and dirty and so he called for a carriage. Through the city gates, left and right fields and farms. Suddenly the carriage jumped some inches up then it fell on the ground.
------
The shock was to much for Heinrich. He died in the carriage. Jonas Harnischer will inherit the title of the leader of the Harnischer family

The banquet of Xaver's funeral was less sad than the rest of the event. People had chatted, ate delicious courses and enjoyed tasty drinks. It was a funeral worthy of a statthalter, of course it came at a price and despite it being a state funeral, the von Warendorf family chipped in a large portion of the cost. The following day, Torsten von Warendorf realized he had to work hard if he wanted to secure his victory in the election. He had a chat with the young and inexperienced Markus Haas during the banquet but did not talk too much about politics with him. Maybe he could invite him to his home now that the funeral had ended?
Markus Haas was not the only one who he contacted. The chancellor of his uncle's administration had passed away. As a good Catholic and friend of Heinrich he wrote Jonas Harnischer. Other aldermen were contacted too. His campaign had officially started.

((The von Warendorf family spends 2.5 EP on the funeral))

To the honorable Markus Haas,
I want to thank you again for coming to the funeral. The reason I write you today is that I would like to continue our conversation from the banquet and discuss your political career. Would you be interested in coming over to the von Warendorf kontor at the the harbour of Lübeck for a friendly chat?

~ Torsten von Warendorf

Dear Jonas Harnischer,
I am most sad to hear about the death of Heinrich Harnischer and offer you my deepest condolences. He was a good man who will be missed. Should there be anything I can do for you then please let me know. What are your own plans for the future?

Best
~ Torsten von Warendorf
((Please don't forget to make a character creation post for Jonas Harnischer before replying, that is if you intend to play as him of course.))

Dear Olivier Dupont,
I write you today because of the upcoming election in Lübeck. As an alderman your vote is precious and I would like to know if there is anything on your mind that I could do to secure your vote. I intend to continue to the policies of my uncle's administration for the most part. What his administration lacked though was an expert on religious matters. I have read a couple of your family's books on religion and believe that you could be the ideal man to fill that position.

~ Torsten von Warendorf
((Torsten offers you to become a custom in-game advisor on religious matters should he win the election.))

Dear Heinrich,
our chancellor has passed as you might have heard and with the position vacant my campaign has taken a hit. As a family member, I was wondering if you have any advice for me?

Best,
Torsten

To the honourable Johann Bärnstein,
with my uncle's funeral over, I am planing my campaign for the upcoming Stadtrat election. I intend to keep the rights Xaver von Warendorf has given to the Jewish citizens in place. In exchange I ask for the Jewish community's support in the election. My campaign needs money and of course your vote. I fear that if Markus Haas was to win the election, the rights of the Jews would be tremendously hurt. His family are very devout Catholics so I do not want to imagine what he would do to you and your brethren.

~ Torsten von Warendorf

Dear Mr Jäger,
with the passing of our chancellor Heinrich Harnischer that position has become vacant. Your missions with Siegfried Altman have been impressive. Would you be interested in becoming Mr. Harnischer's successor and take the job as chancellor? Should I win the upcoming election I believe you would make a very good chancellor. I hope I can count on your support.

~ Torsten von Warendorf

Torsten had written so many letters that day that he skipped lunch. Afterwards, trusted couriers delivered them to their respective destinations. The game was on and he wanted win.

Last edited:
85810.jpg

Name: Jonas Harnischer
Date of Birth: 5th of February 1434
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Jonas is Heinrichs son and suffered under his father. Heinrich never gave him the love Jonas wanted, his work was more important. Jonas studied Law in Prag, then he travelled through Europe: From Prag to Venice, from Venice to Verona, from Verone to Florence, from Florence to Paris fromParis to London and then back to Lübeck. This travel is the reason why Jonas is able to speak english, french, Italian and (of course) German. He thinks trade is more important then anything and so he often had arguements with his father. When Jonas married Michaela Scheel Heinrich never talked with Jonas again. With the death of his father Jonas can go for his way. The first thing he did was to spend some money to reequip his two tradeships with the newest insturments for sailing. He thinks about for voting for Markus Haas or Johannes Fischer.

Last edited: