• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well i did not predict a violent response to goverment actions, please forget some of our fellow comrades for his reaction in some cities , our cause is is right and we are trying to fight it properly not whit violence, this are just isolated cases caused by the general country inestability, all the groups not just the Sindikalist are in tension now and it wouldn,t surprise me to see the Junkers or any other movement doing this same type of protest if the goverment were more anti-conservative.
(Sorry if i din't express well myself or if I had any error writing ,mainly because English isn't my mother language :confused:)

Syndicalism rearing its ugly head...:eek:

Well i did not predict a violent response to goverment actions, please forget some of our fellow comrades for his reaction in some cities , our cause is is right and we are trying to fight it properly not whit violence, this are just isolated cases caused by the general country inestability, all the groups not just the Sindikalist are in tension now and it wouldn,t surprise me to see the Junkers or any other movement doing this same type of protest if the goverment were more anti-conservative.
(Sorry if i din't express well myself or if I had any error writing ,mainly because English isn't my mother language :confused:)
Syndicalism rearing its ugly head...:eek:
Looks like Syndicalist Action takes its name literally and some followers take it further than others.

If direct action by the Syndicalists is violent, it is merely a proportionate response to the violence meted out every day by the capitalist system. :p

Hostage situation in Königsberg – February 16

The Prussian capital was shaken up by unexpected acts of violence when Kurdish rebels infiltrated the Iraqi embassy and took several people hostage, including Prussian clerks and the Iraqi ambassador. The Kurdish rebels demanded action from the Prussian government against the Iraqi occupation of their homeland. It was known that some within the SDP were sympathetic to the Kurdish cause. Donald Trump of the EP, however, was not willing to give in to terrorist demands and ordered the storming of the building, which resulted in panic among the Kurdish rebels. Several embassy employees were shot, including the Iraqi ambassador. The rebels were arrested or killed, but the damage had already been done. As a result of the hostage situation, anti-migrant opinions in the capital increased and Donald Trump became increasingly at odds with his own party, which wished to keep a politically correct narrative.

Managed Exchange Rates – February 23

On February 23, the government decided to enter an agreement with the Visegrad Group about managed exchange rates for their respective currencies. A conference was held in Posen, Prussia, where the leaders of Poland-Lithuania, Prussia, Bohemia, Slovakia and Hungary discussed the prospect of European integration. The leaders agreed that the first step towards integration was the establishment of a stable economic and monetary environment. Not only did they discuss entry into the EU, but also into the Eurozone. The idea of a common currency was not liked by everyone however, particularly Donald Trump and the EP disliked the idea of giving up control over the Prussian currency. As a compromise, they agreed to managed exchange rates between the five Visegrad countries. Implementation of the agreement would roughly take a year. At the same time, the Prussian government worked further to obtaining the standards for entry into the EU, albeit to keep the possibility open should the EP change their opinion on membership.

AhNmpKL.png

Landtag session on NATO membership – March 12

On March 12, Hungary, Poland-Lithuania and Bohemia joined NATO. In Russia, that news was not taken lightly. The state press spoke of an encroaching NATO which threatened the borders of Russia and its allies. In Prussia, the government had chosen to refrain from following the Visegrad Group in their membership of NATO. Mainly because of opposition from the EP, but also because there was a general opposition to NATO membership in the Landtag. The EP was joined by the Junkerpartei in their relatively pro-Russian stance, while the SAP was against any kind of alliance with Western capitalists. Nevertheless, Prussia still held on to its alliance with Germany, giving the country a special status among the NATO allies.

[Albrecht Schwartzmann (SAP)]:
“How is it that this government is not a puppet of one but of two imperialist regimes? While on the one hand the SDP ensures that we follow the capitalist doctrines of Berlin and Brussels, the EP ensures that we do not anger Moscow too much when it comes to European integration. It appears that they do not value Prussian self-determination and are more than willing to bend their knee to foreign whims. The Prussian people do not deserve to become subject of some Belgian or Russian bureaucrats, the Prussian people are destined to be the vanguard of a third, Syndicalist movement which one day will unite all of Europe.”

[Hinrich Lehmann-Grube, Minister of Defence (SDP)]:
“The Syndicalists are nothing more than the shadow of the totalitarian regimes which plunged Europe into war in the 1940s. They will not stop at Prussia’s borders to spread their violent ideology of non-property and non-identity. Before we know it, they will plunge our country in a war over some outdated political ideology which has no place in the globalized era which is dawning on us. What the people of Prussia need is a stable place among the European constellations. The current government recognizes that NATO membership is not preferable at this moment in time, but we will remain loyal to our military agreement with Germany. Think of it what you want, but at least we are neither being invaded by NATO nor being attacked by Russia over ethnic divisions or natural resources.”

[Johann Korwin-Mikke (JP)]:
“What Russia is doing to rebels in its Caucasus provinces has nothing to do with this! We see straight through the lies of this government. Some might call it ‘threading a narrow path between East and West’, but let’s just call this by its real name, hypocrisy! The only reason why Prussia would take such a ‘neutral’ stance is so that people like Donald Trump can make profit out of it! Trump profits from a political thaw between Moscow and Washington. He can do business with both without angering either of them too much. Instead to committing to one good neighbour, this government relies on the thawing relations between two great powers. But once that thaw is over, we will be the first victims! We must decide which side we are loyal to if we want to survive as an independent nation in Europe. And while this government is slowly integrating itself into Germany, the Junkerpartei refuses to surrender to Berlin. We might as well sign our own capitulation if we ever join NATO!”

In the aftermath of the debate, the Syndicalist Action announced their ambition for a Syndicalist Union of Europe, an alternative to the EU based on the principles of Marxism and Gandhism. On March 24 a first congress was held in Danzig with representatives from the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Slovakia, Latvia and Estonia. No concrete steps were taken, but it certainly stirred some feelings in pro-EU circles.

XEKP1bE.png

Parody flag of the EU adopted during the First Congress of the Syndicalist Union of Europe in Posen in 1999.

Plan for renovations of the Landtag – June 16

In June, the government announced their intention to renovate the old Landtag building. Currently, the Königsberg Castle was in a rather decrepit state and in dire need of some renovations. Signs of the Second Weltkrieg were still visible on the walls and in May, part of the ceiling in the parliament hall actually collapsed. As a result, the CD.P came up with the idea of holding a national architectural competition to rethink the old Landtag site. Eventually, a young aspiring architect from Königsberg won the competition with her vision to add several wooden wings to the old Castle, including a brand new parliament hall. In addition, the courtyard would become a green space and allow for a park environment to be created surrounding the Landtag site.

B4bWP1Z.jpg

The repaying of foreign debt – December 31

December 31 of 1999 marked the last step in the government’s plan to repay its foreign debt. With a reserve of 57 240k Prussian marks in the Treasury, the total amount of 43 790,2k marks in debt could easily paid off to the Bank of the United States and the Bank of Germany. This marked the very first real achievement of the government coalition. Even though they were surfing on the success of the global economy in the late 1990s, their effective economic planning made sure that Prussia’s finances were kept healthy while at the same time austerity measures were avoided and social programs were funded without interruption. With two more years to go (2000 and 2001) before the next elections, the question was what Prussia’s government would prioritize with their hard-earned money. While the SDP and the GfP preferred extra funding for social welfare, the CD.P preferred to focus on education and the EP wanted to use the extra money to invest in and expand Prussia’s economy. Then there was also the question of renewable energy sources. Since the end of the Volkspartei-era, a new surge of industrialisation had swept through Prussia, requiring more electricity plants to provide the country with energy. The GfP opted for renewable energy sources like wind farms, but those were expensive and still required technological finetuning before they would be as effective as a standard coal plant. In addition, wind turbines were still widely unpopular among the people in the countryside. Whatever the government would do in the next two years, it was certain to show some of the internal divides between the parties. The question was which party would be able to push their agenda the hardest.

T7kfsmu.png

International news:

UeOaFZ8.png

Not quite sure of where things are going, but I feel not necessarily in a good direction.

I for one would support some kind of overseas EXPANSIONSIM in like Sweden or something as clearly that's what the glorious Prussian nation needs to aid it on the path of becoming a great power again.

Syndicalist Europe would be fun, tho it feels a little like a pipe dream. Fun to see an architectural competition make it into the update too. Our young architect from Königsberg doesn’t seem to have pushed the boat out too far with their scheme, but I don’t hate it by any means. Prussia could be getting itself a very handsome parliament building.

Syndicalist Europe!? Those crazy syndies are at it again! :confused:

Another good chapter btw. Expansion would be beneficial for Prussia, but should take into account the rest of NATO. :p

well if EU becomes syndicalist then I'll become pro EU all of a sudden :D

Not quite sure of where things are going, but I feel not necessarily in a good direction.
Let me give you a hint, it starts with a 'P' and ends in 'utin' :p
I for one would support some kind of overseas EXPANSIONSIM in like Sweden or something as clearly that's what the glorious Prussian nation needs to aid it on the path of becoming a great power again.
Perhaps the Junkerpartei will revive the idea of overseas colonialism by trying to buy a useless island in Africa or something.
A Syndicalist European Union...
I really like the sound of that :p
Syndicalist Europe would be fun, tho it feels a little like a pipe dream. Fun to see an architectural competition make it into the update too. Our young architect from Königsberg doesn’t seem to have pushed the boat out too far with their scheme, but I don’t hate it by any means. Prussia could be getting itself a very handsome parliament building.
Syndicalist Europe!? Those crazy syndies are at it again! :confused:

Another good chapter btw. Expansion would be beneficial for Prussia, but should take into account the rest of NATO. :p
well if EU becomes syndicalist then I'll become pro EU all of a sudden :D
Boo. Hiss.
The Syndicalist EU needs to be viewed from the perspective that pro-European feelings are on the rise in ex-Russian puppets and has generated some kind of fringe movement that strives for a more social union instead of the typically liberal EU which is already established in the West.

Hey
Can I join this AAR ?
The AAR is semi-interactive which means that interactivity happens through voting. Every five years, there's a Google poll to simulate elections. Next one is in 2002, so if you stick around long enough you can join by voting!