• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey guys. It's been a long time coming, but I've put out a fixed version of the mod including a couple of other changes.

2.1 (9/3/2016):
Fixed some typos resulting in imbecile being given out improperly
The initial event now triggers for characters on their birth, to save on processing costs and so that stillborn and babies who die in less than a week will still get evaluated.
Added several very specific flags mentioning exactly how the child's parents are related. Mostly of use to modders.
Fixed some logic causing incorrect values of homozygosity to be given out.
Reduced heritability of lunatic and inbred (the former has become way more prolific in the base game...)
Added a case for when a woman impregnates herself...

The next update will have better built-in support for major mods (HIP, CK+, GoT) [feel free to suggest others!] and I'll attempt to make the code leaner if it's at all possible.

Reactions:
So a while back, I rewrote the main function to use event target scopes, mostly to make the code easier to understand. I also stuck the culture checks into a scripted trigger. Feel free to do whatever with this if you happen to find it useful.

Reactions:
So a while back, I rewrote the main function to use event target scopes, mostly to make the code easier to understand. I also stuck the culture checks into a scripted trigger. Feel free to do whatever with this if you happen to find it useful.

Wow! This is a really good implementation of the new scopes, triggers and commands. Kudos!

I attempted something like that in an earlier version but real_father = { always = yes } was bugged back in 2.3 - so that's fixed now?

Reactions:
Shouldn't all instances of "mother"/"father"/"real_father" be replaced with their _even_if_dead versions? Mothers can die in childbirth, and fathers even earlier.

Reactions:
I didn't even notice there was a new version! I'm still on 2.0 (circa 31/1/2015).

I've just started work on a very similar mod that's much more streamlined in implementation, storing all the ancestors as event_target variables etc. My plan is to make inbreeding less important for positive traits than just having many ancestors with that trait (which is obviously easier to achieve through inbreeding); make inbreeding more deleterious in general with a scaling health and fertility malus until purebred status hits; discriminate between heritable and non-heritable versions of traits (eg lunatic) with character flags; and use flags to cause inherited traits to appear over a character's life rather than, for example, making it immediately obvious that a 2-month-old child is a genius. Also to occlude level of inbreeding as a hidden character modifier rather than a trait, because medieval characters don't have genome sequencing techniques. So it's a bit more work and the outcomes should be somewhat different and more difficult for the player to predict.

I'm referencing your mod for the incest checks, and reusing a couple of assets (like the purebred icon). Is that okay? If not, I'll just keep it for my personal use and not distribute it.

Reactions:
I didn't even notice there was a new version! I'm still on 2.0 (circa 31/1/2015).

I've just started work on a very similar mod that's much more streamlined in implementation, storing all the ancestors as event_target variables etc. My plan is to make inbreeding less important for positive traits than just having many ancestors with that trait (which is obviously easier to achieve through inbreeding); make inbreeding more deleterious in general with a scaling health and fertility malus until purebred status hits; discriminate between heritable and non-heritable versions of traits (eg lunatic) with character flags; and use flags to cause inherited traits to appear over a character's life rather than, for example, making it immediately obvious that a 2-month-old child is a genius. Also to occlude level of inbreeding as a hidden character modifier rather than a trait, because medieval characters don't have genome sequencing techniques. So it's a bit more work and the outcomes should be somewhat different and more difficult for the player to predict.

I'm referencing your mod for the incest checks, and reusing a couple of assets (like the purebred icon). Is that okay? If not, I'll just keep it for my personal use and not distribute it.

It's fine by me.

Reactions:
The exception being that any congenitals in excess of the vanilla ones will not be effected by the system.
No purebreeding tall, unless you modify the mod's system such that tall is accounted for just like strong, attractive, and genius

pfried, are you still updating this?

Wait, the functionality of GI is actually decreasing?
I thought the only thing that could make it work worse was a change in the genetic traits available (since it needs to be implemented for every individual trait, rather than as a catch-all for congenital traits)

Is there a possibility that you can make it so that, in the dynasty tree view, you make it so that if 2 people from the same dynasty had children together, that their lines down towards the next generation goes together with whomever they are married too, so you don't get duplicates of every char they're gonna spawn forth?