• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(798280)

Recruit
1 Badges
Aug 31, 2013
  • Europa Universalis III
Cannot play the game.
Just bought the game and paid for it. Now I cannot play because of 'cannot connect to key server' on Steam.
Very frustrating , this shouldnt be a problem on this digital platform. Please fix it and take care that we can play where we paid money for.
This should not be a issue on such a platform. When I pay for a game I should get a key instantly, now i've paid, game is installed, but cannot play, because platform cannot give me a key.
Very strange

By the way I'm on a mac os x laptop and have no working known workarounds.

Anyway who is going to fix this??? Steam ? Paradox? Noone is giving any response

Hi, thx for the reply.
I've allready tried those workarounds and more.
Still got the same message.

Other games I've purchased with Steam dont have a problem and work fine.

Any other suggestions?

Contact Steam support or ask on the steam forums, bigger chance of a answer there.

Sounds like they ran out of keys maisqbs, and you're not the first person to post this today, so I'm guessing it's a "Today" issue and not a "Technical" issue that's in need of support. ;)

Send in a ticket to Steam and see what they say. They'll likely tell you they're out of keys from Paradox and they're working on getting more and implementing them into steam as fast as they can. In fact, I'd be very surprised if they hadn't started the process already.

Sounds like they ran out of keys maisqbs, and you're not the first person to post this today, so I'm guessing it's a "Today" issue and not a "Technical" issue that's in need of support. ;)

Send in a ticket to Steam and see what they say. They'll likely tell you they're out of keys from Paradox and they're working on getting more and implementing them into steam as fast as they can. In fact, I'd be very surprised if they hadn't started the process already.

That...doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A game that Paradox contracted out to Steam to sell, upload, and install to users requires Paradox to send keys to Steam? It's not like Johan has to think up and handwrite combinations of essentially random numbers and letters that magically make the software work. I would assume the problem is that Steam uses a separate server to authenticate games on installation, a key server, if you will, that's having some kind of problem or maintenance today.

Argh...this is a kinda of a downer. I finally mustered the "courage" to buy it and now this happens. I wouldn't really care about waiting if it wasn't weekend...

Well, I found this. Now just need the key to see the sub forums.

It seems you can still play offline: open folder <steam-folder>\SteamApps\common\Europa Universalis IV and start eu4.exe.

Won't help for multiplayer, but at least you'll have something to do.

Verified - Steam is the issue

Checked up on this - had the same issue myself. If you want to check the Steam support page which answers this questions, it is here .

Looks like it will get fixed by early next week, unless Paradox sends more keys to Steam over the weekend.

That...doesn't make a whole lot of sense. A game that Paradox contracted out to Steam to sell, upload, and install to users requires Paradox to send keys to Steam? It's not like Johan has to think up and handwrite combinations of essentially random numbers and letters that magically make the software work. I would assume the problem is that Steam uses a separate server to authenticate games on installation, a key server, if you will, that's having some kind of problem or maintenance today.

Ah the sweet scent of ignorance