• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Welcome to another development diary about Europa Universalis. Now we are very close to the announcement of the new expansion that we aim to release in June... If Frö smiles upon us....

TAWRQLR.jpg

We have switched around what we will talk about in the development diaries for now, so today we’ll instead talk about Peace!

But first of all, lets talk about a feature that is something that some have requested..

Return Province!
Sometimes you have taken a province that is the core of a rival, or someone who do not want to buy the province, or even talk to you as you are so evil.. Not that we would ever be warmongering-alliance-breaking-world-conquerers..

Now you can just return the province to any state that has it as a core. You will lose some Agressive Expansion and prestige, but it will definitely reduce the chance of them attacking you in the short-term.

Peace Overhaul

This is obviously something that is in the accomanying patch.

First of all, we removed the treaty called annex.

Well, instead we are now able to target every province an enemy own, so taking all provinces is an annexation.

You will also always be able to demand the capital in a peace treaty, and you also do not need to occupy territory to demand it in peace, however unoccupied territory is more expensive to claim.

Revoking cores will no longer cost diplomatic power.

Diplomatic Power Cost, War Score Costs and Prestige gain for each province now scale with the province’s development, instead of being fixed costs.

Overextension and Agressive Expansion also looks at development instead of base tax.

And finally, you’ll be able to demand gold even while “annexing”.

Wumr9lM.jpg

Is capital more expensive than non-capital province? (IMO it should be)
Yay for scaling cost (especially DIP cost) , and free return cores

Reactions:
*throws my money at the screen* Give it to me already! I NEED THIS DLC

Reactions:
Reactions:
Will provinces with Forts cost more warscore than provinces of the same development level without a fort?

(PS The new loading screen looks fantastic)

Last edited:
Reactions:
So much YES.
Regarding demanding unoccupied territory and capitals: is DMP the only increased cost, or do you get increased AE and require higher warscore as well?

Diplomatic Power Cost, War Score Costs and Prestige gain for each province now scale with the province’s development, instead of being fixed costs.

Best. Expansion. Ever.

Thats really amazing, you've outdone yourselves Paradox. Simple change that makes a huge difference.

Reactions:
Certainly not the "flashiest" changes this expansion is making, but I'm tempted to say these tweaks to peace deals could be the best. Very positive changes.

Reactions:
Welcome to another development diary about Europa Universalis. Now we are very close to the announcement of the new expansion that we aim to release in June... If Frö smiles upon us....

Does that mean there'll be an announcement on Friday (Frö's sister's day)?

Reactions:
Short but quite filled with improvements. Like it.

Reactions:
I see you can take the capital now without the prior limitations. Are there any limitations for taking the capital like requiring a border with it or can one snipe it like any other province?

Also, can we fabricate claims on capital provinces now or are the prior restrictions still there?

Reactions:
Can you return a core while you are at war?

For example:
I'm playing as Baluchistan and am allied to Malwa and Dehli. I answer the call to arms from Malwa, who is being attacked by group that includes Multan (which has been reduced to an OPM at this point). I then siege down multan. Malwa peaces them out and gives me their last province. Which Dehli has a core on. Could I, while still involved in Malwa's defensive war, return multan to Dehli?

Reactions:
You will also always be able to demand the capital in a peace treaty, and you also do not need to occupy territory to demand it in peace, however unoccupied territory is more expensive to claim.

Finally!

that we aim to release in June

I assume that we are talking more about the 1st of June than 30th?
Right? Right?

Reactions:
I've got to admit, this expansion is shaping up to be really cool. I'm interested to find out the name.

Reactions:
Sounds good! Anyone who recognises the man on the picture? That is most likely an obvious hint for the name of the next expansion.

Reactions:
What about provincies you have not discovered yet (usually colonies)? I assume you cannot demand them during peace negotiations?

Reactions: