• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Gilgamoth

First Lieutenant
20 Badges
Mar 16, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Starvoid
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
So I played this game for a few hours and then exited without doing a full save, just relying on the AutoSave, but when I came to load the game I got the following error:
SitA Load Error.PNG
When clicking on Confirm, the game freezes and has to be killed via task manager (I did wait 20 mins).

I have since started again, saved it properly this time and both AutoSave and Normal saves now seem to be loading properly. Not sure if this was a one off error, or because I hadn't done a normal save.

Would you still happen to have this save game? If you do, would be nice if you could attach it to the thread so we could check the issue as well. Though most likely the issue is that the save game actually did get corrupted.

Would you still happen to have this save game? If you do, would be nice if you could attach it to the thread so we could check the issue as well. Though most likely the issue is that the save game actually did get corrupted.
As it was the only save of that Colony, I deleted it I'm afraid. I did get it again later on a manual save, but I've dropped my Auto Save to 5 mins so I got around it by using that.

I have 2 save games that will not work and crash the game for me as well.

A manual save and an autosave.

I had to change file extension from .save to .sav to be able to upload.

Thanks

Attachments

• 2019-10-20_17-15-20.sav
    380 KB · Views: 5
  • Autosave-New Krypton.sav
    380,4 KB · Views: 6
Same issue, tried to load up my game and it sits on the load screen. You can hear the game running in the background, if you mouse over where certain buttons are you can hear them being highlighted.

I was able to play yesterday for a few hours. No problem at all.
Today when I try to load my saves (auto or manual) the game locks up my computer and appears to freeze my video. (requires a restart)

After trying to start a new game, it appears to freeze there as well.
Computer is AMD FX-8350
16 GB ram
windows 10
NVidia GeForce GTX 760

Just confused as to why it worked fine yesterday and today kills my computer. Thoughts?

I was able to play yesterday for a few hours. No problem at all.
Today when I try to load my saves (auto or manual) the game locks up my computer and appears to freeze my video. (requires a restart)
Does a new game work okay? If so, attach your save games from %userprofile%\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Surviving the Aftermath\SaveGames for the devs to look at