• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Here's a new draft with an addition at the end.

Official Conclusion (Draft)

What constitutes an appropriate level of sensitivity for information listed in Clause I of the Act so as to be considered a treasonable offence as listed under Clause III if not properly held in confidence?

In case of recruitment, it is only allowed to state that recruitment is open, but not the quantity of the units to be trained nor how should they be positioned within the Empire.

the announcement that say Hispania has plans to recruit 9,000 more troops, or four new ships.

In case of movement, it is allowed to provide generalities if an Exercit, an unit, or any kind of military component is moving, but is outlawed to give details. For example

If an Italian army is relocating, stating the fact that it is relocating to provide reinforcement for such and such theatre, is a generality, but specifics on exact deployment location and strength, is sensitive.

In the case of negotiations, details must be kept secret, but the fact that negotiations are underway, or that they have concluded, whether they are neutral, cordial, friendly, etc. remains often widely known and not a problem is not sensitive. Existing alliances are also not sensitive. Specifics on military access or war subsidies, however are sensitive.

In the vase of declarations of war, any planned declaration of war should be considered sensitiv, as it may cause exposing ourselves to our expected enemy and to unexpected enemies.

The Emperor has complete sovereignity in declaring an embargo on any information from the cabinet, provided Cabinet is given previous warning.

Can a declaration by the Emperor that designates information shared by a Cabinet minister as not sensitive made after such information is shared absolves the minister of any wrongdoing and does not invoke Clause III.

The order of events is critical. When a cabinet member publishes sensitive information without the consent of the sovereign, they have, in that moment, broken the law. The offense isn't so much about releasing sensitive information, as it is about disrespecting the sovereignty of the crown. Note that the act makes reference to allowing an embargo of any cabinet information with the punishment of treason, even if it isn't a national security related. What makes breaking this act treason is not that it risks the empire, but that it disrespects the power of the soverign.

All that can be done from that point, respecting the order of events, is the offender can be pardoned. The fact that treason lies in the disobedience is important to the question of pardoning. The It'd be a bad precedent to set for the future. In times of political instability, an Emperor might feel that moving to allow punishment of, say a prime minister could, serve to worsen the political situation. Even if said Emperor really would have rathered to keep such information sensitive. This would give a Prime Minister a potential gambit to play in order to wedge power away from the Emperor in a time of crisis. To allow this issue to go without consequence would increase the likelihood such a gambit being played in the future. While the Emperor has many powers, there must be guidelines to preserve them from usurpation. This law recognizes it, hence it declaring the charge of treason be levied for the release of non-sensitive information should the Emperor refuse it. As the offense one of disrespect to the crown, it'd be expected that the crown decide punishment that they think would serve as a suitable deterrent.

I accept the position on the Commission

((Commission))

All points raised so far are valid and acceptable in theory but there is another thing that needs considering.

Recruitment is expensive. And requires procurement of several specialized goods from factories both domestic and sometimes overseas. In addition all of this requires transportation, very little of which is owned by the Empire and most of it public record.

If a order by the Treasury to send 100 artillery pieces to Castille and a thousand men in the area disappear, many would conclude correctly that a Artillery Regiment was being recruited there. And they would be correct.

To be able to control the nature of Army and Navy recruitment, the Empire would be required to own not just the factories producing military goods but their supply chains in full to prevent any group from gaining information on our military recruitment from say a massive increase of steel procurement by the Empire. My estimate is that around 30% of private industry would need to be seized to ensure this.

Without such a measure, we must conclude that military recruitment would be difficult to hide for more than a few weeks by the amount of information unintentionally supplied by the Empire when it moves to procure the needed goods. And because of this, I do not believe the act in question is even feasible if any person who is diligent can reasonably conclude the size and location of our recruitment before it is complete.

I propose that the military recruitment clause of the Act be nullified, but any previous violation be punished regardless, provided that the fact that such a breath of information only delayed the inevitable by a month at most is considered in the sentence.

- Even though I see reason in your words, señor Giordano, I must disagree with you. Of course, people may imagine and figure what they please do to most of our infrastucture being public, but it is better that they just spread rumours than confirming anything. If people say that we may be moving our troops, is a thing, but if we as a government say that we are moving our troops is totally different.

Foreign governments not always believe in the populations rumors, they may even not reach them, but if we as a government just admit everything, that is something to which our enemies can and will react.

That Act is for the propection of our interests, and it should remain so that information of our armies and navies remain between the cabinet and the Emperor, so that our plans are mantained in secret and that we can do without our enemies having oficial information about it.

That clause shall remain and we shall do our best for enforcing it, and to mantain the crucial information of our Empire in secret so that our enemies can attack us in our weak spott.

Perhaps further clarification might be necessary on the first point. We might allow for the declaration that recruitment to a certain arm of the forces might be open, after all a man must know if he is signing up to fight in the infantry or to ride in the cavalry and so this information would likely need to be publicly available. The critical information is how the Order of Battle is formed and where the newly raised regiments will be sent. We could forgive a minister for saying that he is recruiting "6000 men for the infantry, 3000 for the engineers & 3000 for the cavalry" so long as he does not mention the formations they will be in nor the locations that they will be placed.I also do not think it proper to mention that negotiations are underway. While many men of the political sphere will have knowledge of such negotiations they will have been gained via private means rather than the public sphere; it is in our interests that these remain mere rumours as opposed to veritable fact.

Other than that I believe that I can put my support behind this draft so long as Senor D'Garcia's amendments are implemented.

~ Senor Rafael Del Toro

Handing of gifts ((snapshots of the life of Dr. de Ambrése, Part 2- The Journey: Part 3))
((finally got this done, thanks to @05060403 for his vigilance to us getting this done))

The road was long and dusty as Antonio made his way to the de Saint Pierre residence in Naples, the modest gates stood proud protecting the clean white facade of the manor. Although small, the manor was pretty enough, with a well tended garden, and an overall sense of order.

As he approached the gates, they opened, as if they were opened by electricity, a wonderful idea mused Antonio as he drew to the door. He sharply dismounted, cane and book bag in hand, and rapped sharply against the door, awaiting to be received.

It didn’t take long until a kind looking elderly woman opened the door for the Doctor, inviting him inside and telling that he was expected to arrive. She led him to a small study on the top floor of the building where a tired looking man in his 40s sat behind the desk looking at his visitor with sharp gunmetal eyes, smiling widely as he noticed who the guest was and quickly getting up from his chair to greet him, taking the visitor into a short, friendly embrace.

“I sincerely hope you had a safe journey, Doctor de Ambrése.” said Cyprien de Saint Pierre briefly

“Thank you Mr. de Saint Pierre, the road was a challenge, I was unaware that you were so outside the city, but my old steed found the way well enough. But I insist, please call me Antonio. Do you mind if I take a seat, a long day in the saddle does little to ease the pain in my leg” replied Antonio de Ambrése.

“As you wish, Antonio, but I’d appreciate if you call me Cyprien in return.” The man said before letting out a sharp cough,a few tears welling up in his eyes. “Excuse me, but I’ve been feeling worse lately, this election was a particularly stressing out. But here…” Cyprien headed towards his desk, offering a seat on the side facing the window gazing onto the rear garden. “Would you wish for a drink? Tunisian coffee? Cantonese tea? Or maybe something stronger is in your taste?”

“A Cantonese tea would be divine, good sir, having little more than grog to drink on the road has made me miss some of the refinities of life. But I must say, your residence is most lovely, although I wish I could see your library, as I feel perhaps it would be good for us to discuss how best to proceed in the future in the education of your two boys, as you said in your letter. Furthermore, I don’t know if my letter made clear, but I have the tomes you so requested, so we can add to your collection after some respite from the road” Gestured Antonio with his cane hand.

Cyprien nodded and turned to the woman who still stood in the door at the ready. The Saint-Pierre said few words to her in Italian and with that she was off to perform her task.

“One of the last shipments before the Ming occupation.” He remarked quietly, rubbing his chin before adding another thought “She’s a good woman, you know.A few years ago she was rotting in the poor district of Napoli with not a single ducat to her soul… So I payed for her education so she could have a better life.” After another coughing fit Cyprien nodded. “Right, that may be the best location to have this discussion…” He stood up and slowly headed to an almost empty bookshelf with few dirty and old tomes before pulling a thick, green book titled ‘Basic Principles of Economy’ , the name of the author long erased by time and with that loud, mechanical clanking could be heard as the shelf made its way to the side to reveal a hidden room.

Antonio rose to join the gentleman, but all too quickly he sat back down again, thankful not for the first time in his life for his cane. For the sight that was before him was staggering. Although the home was modestly sized, the library that stood before him could easily find place in residences far grander. Light streamed from high windows, and wall upon wall were stacked with books, it was a true sight to behold. Antonio proclaimed as he ran his spare hand along the spines of the library,

“You have a marvelous collection sir, none quite like it aside in the great learning houses and the imperial collection itself, you make me almost jealous sir of the scope of this magnificence”

Cyprien couldn’t help but to let out a soft chuckle at that remark before another coughing fit struck him. However he quickly regained his breath and made his way into the hidden library.

“It’s just a small private collection, far from the astounding collection of the Imperial Library. And a man needs to protect his secrets.” He gave off a casual shrug gazing at one of the shelves thoughtfully while rubbing his chin.

“But while I care little for luxuries I could never forgive myself for mistreating a room dedicated to knowledge, that is why this is the most exquisite part of the house.”

It most definitely was exquisite, each shelf a small treasure, as Antonio wandered to a central table, and gestured to Cyprien to retake a seat, as he put on some fine white gloves.

The gesture snapped Cyprien out of his little moment and not wanting to waste Antonio's time he joined him at the table, curving his eyebrows in a questioning manner before asking

“What are the gloves for?” Before giving it a bit of thought and adding “I take it’s because of the delicate tomes you brought with you?”

Antonio almost laughed at the man, he had become as a child again in his curiosity, but he had correctly sussed out the true purpose to what he was doing, as he smoothly placed each delicate tome onto the wooden surface, careful not to put their fragile pages into the direct sunlight. “Are you able to read middle Aragonese, Cyprien?”

The capitalist curiously eyed the old books lying on the table in front of him, and barely managed to keep his glee under control in front of the Doctor.

He snapped back to reality at the sound of his voice, blinking few times at Antonio.

“I…” The was a short pause of uncertainty as Cyprien nervously tugged at the collar of his shirt before he finished his sentence after a gulp “...Think I’ll manage, thank you. I haven’t had to use it in a long while, but I am certain that I will manage.”

Antonio hid a small smile his face as the capitalist reined himself in, after the affirmation of the linguistic capacities of Cyprien, he moved on “I never got to ask you sir, but why the interest in my ancestors?”

Cyprien pondered over the question for a while, letting out a nostalgic sigh as he drowned in his memories.

“It’s not only your ancestors… I think it has to do with my father and his love of travel. He spoke a lot about wanting to sail around the world, see the world… And in the last years of his life set sail, and that was the last anyone has ever heard of him. Since all of the weight fell onto Henri’s shoulders… I suppose he couldn’t handle that much....”

After a short pause in order to gather his thoughts Cyprien added

“But I digress. To answer your question briefly: I am just interested in travels of many people.”

Antonio nodded in respect of Cyprien, as he passed the books over to a safer location. As he was doing that, he replied

“Indeed, the wide travels of many are very interesting and can tell us much about the world back in the past. Speaking of learning, I recall in your correspondence to me that you have two sons that you’d like to be taught, but we never did get to discuss what exactly you would desire them to be taught”

“I do not have any preference. I just wish to see them expand their horizons in any way possible. After all a man of knowledge has a much brighter future in front of him instead of an uneducated one.”

“Indeed, indeed,” said Antonio, nodding, “I can’t say i’ll be able to bring much works from Canton or the indian territories, works are still rather slow coming out of these nations, but I hope to see if any works have become available once I reach Constantinople. Concerning the education however, I hope to give them a grounding in all significant fields, unless there are fields that you personally feel your own tuition has been sufficient, or will be sufficient of course?”

“I…” Cyprien winced and rubbed the back of his neck “...Haven’t been spending a lot of time with them. I didn’t get the chance to teach them much. All they know comes from the Hispanian educational system or their mother.” He admitted, rather embarrassed about it. “I simply have too much on my head, too much work, too little time…”

Antonio looked down, lost a little in memory, “Just so long as you give them some time, sons need their fathers after all” said Antonio quietly, rubbing the top of his cane carefully as he became trapped in the past.

Cyprien laughed nervously, tugging at his collar and turning his eyes away from Antonio, biting down on his lip, cold sweat running down his back, causing the man to shiver.
Clearly bringing that up made him uneasy.

“I know, but I have a lot on my head… But can we please not digress and focus on the matter at hand?”

Antonio shook as if from being asleep, “Yes, yes, as you wish, please continue” he rushed out.

Still quite visibly anxious and agitated Cyprien sighed heavily while pulling at the hem of his shirt.

“I suppose one of the things I’d like them to learn are some proper manners. They are quite the lively rascals. They could become more courtly for their own well being.”

“For sure, the court world has become more ferocious recently, would be good to train them up to adapt to these new barbs in the net of democracy. Is there anything else you wish them to know, or otherwise other matters that you feel I would need to know of?”

The capitalist nodded, letting out few coughs suppressed by his hand.

“Indeed it has, and my state is a prime example of it not being a welcoming place. But I digress… I believe it would be beneficial for them to learn how to speak some foreign languages, maybe even those spoken by men of the past.”

“mmm, if there is one thing to be thankful to my father for, is that he did approve of my language building, i forget though good sir if you said exactly which languages you said you wanted your sons to speak, forgive me for my scattered memory” said Antonio, the previous melancholy gone from his voice.

“I have not, and forgive me but I cannot specify that.” He nibbled at his lip in unease, feeling a bit of shame “I’ll leave it up to you to decide what would be the best for them. It may become clear as they learn more that they have a natural talent for one or another language.”

“As you wish, as you wish. I guess they shall learn the significant languages then, such as Latin and Greek, as well as french. I am unsure as to what else though I would teach them, perhaps some German, but I fear that I haven’t used that tongue as much in recent years” answered Antonio honestly.

Cyprien pondered for a moment, his eyes narrowing and his brows curving in a thoughtful manner.

“Yes. Latin and Greek would be good for certain. French as well. I don’t think that they will ever need to speak the godforsaken language that is German though, so you need to trouble yourself with it.”

“As you wish, I feel that that is all that I could teach them, languages and the books will give them a comprehensive education in all fields, and to be taught in the manner of the courts will surely develop them into rounded individuals, unless you feel I have left anything out, I will take my leave” stated Antonio simply.

“No, I believe that would be all…” Cyprien paused to collect his thoughts before adding “Well, this has be a pleasure to meet you in person, I wish you good health and safe travels.”

Antonio made his way through the passageway, and onwards to the door, remarking as he went “Thank you good sir, and till we meet again” And with that he set on his way, he had an important meeting to get to after all.

Honourable members of the Commission,

In my opinion the Minister should not specify what branch of the military the draftees are being recruited into.
Thus while it would not break the law to say 15,000 men are to be conscripted, it would break the law to say that 5000 of these men would join the ranks on infantry, 5000 would join the cavalry, and 5000 would become artillerymen.

Likewise, it would not break the law to say that 15 brigades are recruited, however it would break the law if the Minister would say that 5 brigades of infantry, 5 of cavalry, and 5 of artillery are to be recruited.

As for the matter of movement I can do nothing else but agree with the points made earlier.
If the Mister would state that me may move an Exercit to, let's say, border with Bavaria, the law would stay intact. However if he would disclose that such is the case, then he would have to be punished as the law dictates.

As for negotiations, I believe this matter has been already resolved, and I believe the draft provides the answer to all other issues as well.

5W1lKXZ.png

The Crown has opted to give the Royal Commission a further 24 hours to reach a consensus. If nothing definite is reached, the Head of the Commission shall present the best compromise.

- His Imperial Highness, Ferran VI de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

((It might have been a tad ambitious putting so many people on the Commission and then asking for two-thirds consensus. It seems like you guys have the gist of things, but just are ironing out a few details. I'll give more time if needed, although it'd probably be good to move onto the trial soon.))

((Oh right, I forgot to accept the jury appointment.))
"I am so sorry for not responding quickly, Your Imperial Highness, I accept the position of juror in the Trial of Prime Minister Marshal Dias."

Dias sat in his room at near midnight, or rather his prison as he awaited trial.

There was nothing to do since he was brought here, and he was growing restless, not even sleep could give him release.

He thought he saw movement at his balcony window. It was in a tower, and it was the one of two ways out, the other being a guarded door. Thinking it was madness, he quickly dismissed it.

But soon, he realized he was wrong. A rag clamped over his mouth and he could smell something soaking it.

Despite his quiet struggle, his body grew weak, and eventually fell unconscious.

His assailant then cut the Field Marshal's throat, and then threw the body out of the balcony to the ground so far below where it struck with a crunch. A note was found on the corpse.

"This will be the first of Many. Death to the Imperials and their allies!"

((Life has gotten in the way and I will not be available for a trial. So I am resolving the issue myself.))

Dr. Pedro Falcone, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, reacts to the news of the Duke of Porto and Lisbon's death:

"I am most saddened with this shocking news. Hispania has lost one of its great statesmen through most horrifying deeds and already vultures seem to circle around the late Duke's respected standing in Hispanic Government and Society. I therefore announce, in my capacity of Acting Prime Minister, that the Government shall, until all parties have reorganised themselves, conduct itself in an orderly fashion. If certain political groupings are no longer able to fulfill their duties to the Empire and His Imperial Majesty, the Cabinet will take measures accordingly."

Private - To His Imperial Majesty - @Michaelangelo

Your Imperial Highness,

The circumstances under which we meet are saddening to say the least, as Deputy Prime Minister under the coalition agreement agreed upon by the Union of Agrarians and Burghers, the Imperialist Facción and the Reformist Party, I see the duty upon to present myself to you and ask for your Royal support for a National Unity Government, based on a reshuffeled existing Coalition Government, until peace and stability has been restored, most certainly in various political groupings who have displayed a lack of internal consensus and dialogue.

Forever your Obedient Servant,

Pedro Falcone,
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of the Interior, Speaker of the Assembly

Last edited:
Faixòn thought that this situation was far too much like the lone attacker of the riot. He wouldn't let the traitor die a death which would let the Imperials go on like nothing happened.
"I am certainly not the only one to believe that this death is so very convenient for the Imperial leadership. Even more so that his guilt was hardly in question and he would likely have met this fate anyway - just an orderly execution. Who would have had anything to gain from this?
All I can imagine is the Imperials themselves being behind this before their leader is found guilty of treason and executed in public. Being killed by some 'fanatic' is much better for the party's reputation.
I believe the killer must be closeby and will confirm my theory as soon as he is apprehended."

*Alejandro Manuel Maximillian Regidor rises to speak in the Cortz*

All I have to say about the recent death is that its a disgrace, its a total disgrace that a Prime Minister of Hispania, even if one that might have been about to stand trial, is able to be murdered in cold blood like a farm animal! Whoever arranged this murder be the individuals members of a foreign state or citizens of Hispania they must come to face the full wrath of our Nation. Nothing less of a death sentence will make do for this vile act! Hispania has been made a laughing stock something which we can not allow. Prime Minister Dias even for his many faults was an upstanding member of our nation, a person who gave his entire life to the betterment of our country, he deserved better than first to be shamed infront of us and then to have his throat cut by some common brigand! a brigand who it seems by noting what was found on the Prime Ministers corpse will not be happy just with the death of one man but also aims to achieve the death of many other servants of our nation.

I am disgusted and outraged by the death of the Duke of Lisboa & Porto and I pray for his ascendance to heaven and for the demise of his killer.

((I wrote this assuming that we would be informed of the note left on the body but if it turns out that the note hasn't been made public I'll re-write the post accordingly))

((Life has gotten in the way and I will not be available for a trial. So I am resolving the issue myself.))

((Well I guess that spares us the trial. :rolleyes:))

((So I claimed leadership of the Imperials, if is not like this then tell me how and void this speech))

((Each party can develop its own form of transfer of leadership. For the Imperials, Mach has told me there's usually a leadership election, so I suppose members of the Imperials can put their names forward and decide on a party leader amongst themselves.))

((I wrote this assuming that we would be informed of the note left on the body but if it turns out that the note hasn't been made public I'll re-write the post accordingly))

((It is assumed the details of the murder have been shared, especially since that letter may present a security threat to the Imperials.))

Private - To His Imperial Majesty - @Michaelangelo

Your Imperial Highness,

The circumstances under which we meet are saddening to say the least, as Deputy Prime Minister under the coalition agreement agreed upon by the Union of Agrarians and Burghers, the Imperialist Facción and the Reformist Party, I see the duty upon to present myself to you and ask for your Royal support for a National Unity Government, based on a reshuffeled existing Coalition Government, until peace and stability has been restored, most certainly in various political groupings who have displayed a lack of internal consensus and dialogue.

Forever your Obedient Servant,

Pedro Falcone,
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of the Interior, Speaker of the Assembly

((Private - TJDS))

5W1lKXZ.png

The late Prime Minister did designate you as his chosen Deputy Prime Minister, although the role is more symbolic and not an official one. However, due to the need for a government and you being the logical choice to form one, I shall give you the opportunity to do so.

- His Imperial Highness, Ferran VI de Trastámara, Emperor of Hispania, Caesar of Rome, & Protector of the Greeks

Faixòn thought that this situation was far too much like the lone attacker of the riot. He wouldn't let the traitor die a death which would let the Imperials go on like nothing happened.
"I am certainly not the only one to believe that this death is so very convenient for the Imperial leadership. Even more so that his guilt was hardly in question and he would likely have met this fate anyway - just an orderly execution. Who would have had anything to gain from this?
All I can imagine is the Imperials themselves being behind this before their leader is found guilty of treason and executed in public. Being killed by some 'fanatic' is much better for the party's reputation.
I believe the killer must be closeby and will confirm my theory as soon as he is apprehended."

5W1lKXZ.png

I would ask that the members of this chamber refrain from throwing pointless accusations around. A man is dead and it is not the time to accuse each other of wielding the blade. As to whether he was guilty or innocent of the crime he was accused of, the murder of a Cabinet minister is inexcusable. An investigation should be conducted into the assassination of the Prime Minister. If he had been found guilty of the crime he was accused, it would have been the state's responsibility to carry out justice in accordance with our laws. It is not the place of any other to mete out such punishment. It is also quite disturbing how easily it seems men are able to gain access to important persons in Hispania and cause them harm. Perhaps it may be time to consider improved security measures for Parliament, the palace, and other important locales. I only ask that all members of Parliament act with caution from now on to avoid any risk to their person. We cannot tolerate the acts of masked murderers and must strive to maintain order and peace within the realm.

While the matter of a trial is no longer an issue, seeing as the accused in now deceased, I still ask that the Royal Commission finish their work and present me with their findings as soon as possible. It may prevent future misinterpretations of the law. As for the matter of government, with the Prime Minister now gone, I shall leave it up to the members of Parliament to present the Crown with a new government. I expect those remaining in the coalition formed by the late Prime Minister may wish to renegotiate terms and work out new cabinet assignments. We must return to business at hand or the Empire suffers.

((It's always tricky for me to do investigations of assassins who murder a player's own character, since I don't know the details. I suppose it will all depend on how much information Mach is willing to divulge. :rolleyes: The Royal Commission should present their findings soon, although a deadline doesn't really matter since there won't be a trial. And a new government needs to be formed, although it looks like that is already in progress.))

((Someone will need to start that investigation first...

But I will try to get the needed info if anyone requests it and succeeds in their rolls.))

230px-Star_of_the_Collar_Grade_of_the_Spanish_Order_of_the_Civil_Merit.svg.png

From the Office of the Acting Prime Minister:

First Government of National Salvation
[Interventionism - Protectionism - Moralism - Pro-Military - Limited Citizenship]
Grand Coalition of the Justice & Order Union
Honourable Members of the Assembly of the Empire of Hispania,

Although the circumstances which have brought this day upon us are saddening, no Member of this Assembly or of the entire Hispanic Parliament can or shall deny the great importance of this day, as the Hispanic People stand firmly united after losing one of its greatest albeit not uncontroversial officers of the Crown and the statesmen so soon after the death of the Regent. Now this Empire looks to our Young Emperor and Us not only to provide prudent renewal of ancient policies but the continuation of stability and peace across the Empire. The key to this moderation in renewal and the unification of our people. I am truly honoured to have been granted the ability to provide this prudent renewal and lead Hispania, this prestigious and beautiful nation, that is hailed across the Globe as the Greatest of Nations.

However, to say that the Empire of Hispania faces no problems within and outside her borders is a grave mistake; political divisions have become more pronounced with every passing day as extremism on all sides threaten the honoured and respected institutions of Hispania, indeed, the Seals of Office which I have been honoured to bear are coloured with the blood of the Great Men who sacrificed themselves for service to His Imperial Majesty and the Empire. This Government shall introduce legislation to unify the peoples of this nation and renew the working of this Government.

However, although there is still much to be done, I know that you, the Honourable Members of the Parliament of His Imperial Majesty, my Colleague Ministers, shall not give in to the hubris and complecancy of inherited granduer, and shall remain humble, pious and true, like the Hispanic People, so that our Empire may foverever more be united in prosperity, under a single flag, under a single Emperor, indivisble under God. ¡Viva Emperador! ¡Viva Hispania!

The Most Excellent Don Pedro Falcone MA,
Acting Prime Minister of the Empire of Hispania,
Minister of Finance and Speaker of the Assembly

Unión de Justicia y Orden Coalition - IG Conservative
Composed of Unión de Agrarios y Burgueses & Facción Imperial
Assembly: 332 / 600
Cortz: 62 / 100

Prime Minister - Pedro Manuel Falcone - TJDS - UJO
Deputy Prime Minister - Duke Altair Spoleto - texasjoshua - UJO

Minister of Foreign Affairs - Grand Duke Tomas Santiago Hortun Etxeto - Dadarian - UJO

Minister of the Navy and Colonial Affairs - Grand Duke Tomas Santiago Hortun Etxeto - Dadarian - UJO
Minister of War - Duke Felix Villanova - DragonOfAtlantis - UJO
Minister of the Interior - Duke Stefano von Politz - Duke Dan "the Man" - UJO

Minister of Justice - Duke Stefano von Politz - Duke Dan "the Man" - UJO
Minister of Finance - Pedro Manuel Falcone - TJDS - UJO
Minister of Trade - Count Alejandro Manuel Maximillian Regidor - Vals - UJO
Minister of Education - Duke Altair Spoleto - texasjoshua - UJO
Minister of Religious Affairs - Cardinal Gregory Diego -
hirahammad - UJO

Chamberlain - Duke Altair Spoleto - texasjoshua - UJO
Speaker - Pedro Manuel Falcone - TJDS - UJO

5W1lKXZ.png

Seeing as this proposed Cabinet has the support of the majority of both houses, it has my approval. I ask that this new Cabinet propose their plans, discreetly where necessary, so that we can resume managing affairs of state.

((Although the Imperials don't technically have a leader, I can assume most of the party supports this coalition with their inclusion and the formation of a single coalition party. I will give the new ministers until Tuesday at 12PM to propose their plans. Players may still post laws if they want to. I know things were a bit thrown off by the commission and potential trial, but now we can get back into things.))

5W1lKXZ.png
I would ask that the members of this chamber refrain from throwing pointless accusations around. A man is dead and it is not the time to accuse each other of wielding the blade. As to whether he was guilty or innocent of the crime he was accused of, the murder of a Cabinet minister is inexcusable. An investigation should be conducted into the assassination of the Prime Minister. If he had been found guilty of the crime he was accused, it would have been the state's responsibility to carry out justice in accordance with our laws. It is not the place of any other to mete out such punishment. It is also quite disturbing how easily it seems men are able to gain access to important persons in Hispania and cause them harm. Perhaps it may be time to consider improved security measures for Parliament, the palace, and other important locales. I only ask that all members of Parliament act with caution from now on to avoid any risk to their person. We cannot tolerate the acts of masked murderers and must strive to maintain order and peace within the realm.

While the matter of a trial is no longer an issue, seeing as the accused in now deceased, I still ask that the Royal Commission finish their work and present me with their findings as soon as possible. It may prevent future misinterpretations of the law. As for the matter of government, with the Prime Minister now gone, I shall leave it up to the members of Parliament to present the Crown with a new government. I expect those remaining in the coalition formed by the late Prime Minister may wish to renegotiate terms and work out new cabinet assignments. We must return to business at hand or the Empire suffers.

((It's always tricky for me to do investigations of assassins who murder a player's own character, since I don't know the details. I suppose it will all depend on how much information Mach is willing to divulge. :rolleyes: The Royal Commission should present their findings soon, although a deadline doesn't really matter since there won't be a trial. And a new government needs to be formed, although it looks like that is already in progress.))

Faixòn remained persuaded that this "assassination", if it was any, was so politically opportune that it couldn't be the action of one man. And as it denied him a great moment of triumph, merely having to settle for a lesser one he could use for his own political goals, he would fervently try to get to the root of this.
It is very convenient, that is all I am saying. Certainly no liberal had a reason to attempt the murder of a man who would likely have ended up executed, damaging the reputation of the Imperials more than this 'misfortune'. As Your Highness says: It has been far too easy to gain access. And the men guarding the prison were, as all other armed men in Valencia under government command, fully loyal to Joan and the Imperials. All of them being collectively incapable and someone willing to attempt the murder of someone who could face a death sentence, leaving behind a note trying to make a liberal look like the culprit... These are far too many 'coincidences'. With Your permission, as prosecutor of the impending trial, I would like to lead an investigation of this matter in cooperation with the ministry of justice.
He had the first steps already in mind: having men look for usual suspects in murder matters, getting every last bit of information out of the guards - likely one of them was at least partly the culprit -, searching the Realist movement and other groups supportive of Regent Joan's policies and generally a strong conservtive/reactionary approach, those who stood to lose the most of Dias' condemnation... A long list. As he usually didn't investigate crimes, he'd hire the best ones available. The traitors would not escape justice so easily.

Faixòn remained persuaded that this "assassination", if it was any, was so politically opportune that it couldn't be the action of one man. And as it denied him a great moment of triumph, merely having to settle for a lesser one he could use for his own political goals, he would fervently try to get to the root of this.
It is very convenient, that is all I am saying. Certainly no liberal had a reason to attempt the murder of a man who would likely have ended up executed, damaging the reputation of the Imperials more than this 'misfortune'. As Your Highness says: It has been far too easy to gain access. And the men guarding the prison were, as all other armed men in Valencia under government command, fully loyal to Joan and the Imperials. All of them being collectively incapable and someone willing to attempt the murder of someone who could face a death sentence, leaving behind a note trying to make a liberal look like the culprit... These are far too many 'coincidences'. With Your permission, as prosecutor of the impending trial, I would like to lead an investigation of this matter in cooperation with the ministry of justice.
He had the first steps already in mind: having men look for usual suspects in murder matters, getting every last bit of information out of the guards - likely one of them was at least partly the culprit -, searching the Realist movement and other groups supportive of Regent Joan's policies and generally a strong conservtive/reactionary approach, those who stood to lose the most of Dias' condemnation... A long list. As he usually didn't investigate crimes, he'd hire the best ones available. The traitors would not escape justice so easily.

5W1lKXZ.png

It indeed is somewhat suspicious that someone would murder a man about to go on trial, but I do not believe that anyone can be ruled out as a culprit. If you wish to lead the investigation on the matter, then you have my permission. I request that the Minister of Justice assist in this matter if necessary.

((I'll do the roll once @Duke Dan `the Man` confirms whether he is aiding the investigation or remaining neutral.))

"I'm getting too old for this," mutter Fèlix as he entered the war ministry, his cane clicking along the floor, just days after Dias' assassination. He would simply redraft Dias' plans as they had been good, but he ensured that the specific details are not revealed to the public.

((@Michaelangelo, if you don't mind, I'm just going to reuse the plan that Mach had used prior to the trial, as I will be busy the next few days.))

((Private - @alscon ))

- Manuel was amazed by the death of Dias, he didn't liked the man, but that doesn't meant he wanted hin to die, nor in this way nor by trial, and this matter where most concerning to him, as this coulf hurt bastly the liberal cause. Even if he disliked Faixon's ways, and he felt it was shameful to be pointing fingers so soon after Dias dead, he agreed that this was possibly a conservative work to regain popularity, so he decided that he wasn't going to just sit down. He wasn't sure of working with Faixon, but the times required some sacrifice, so he wrote him a letter expecting for the best.

Señor Faixon,

You and I are aware that most of the we are almost in completely in different positions and stances most of the time, but by seeing that you are leading the investigation of the dead of Duke Dias, I can't do more but to offer my help in the investigation. His dead is something that concern us all, and even if we could disagree, I propose that we work together this time with the hopes of resolving this more quickly.

Best regards, Manuel D'Garcia, Conde de Jaén.

(( I don't know if it's needed that I make public that I'm helping with the investigation, if needed, I will do a public statement))