• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Faixòn was allowed to leave without being harried. With such a thing as Faixòn's tantrum occurring, it was fairly safe to say the banquet was over. Alfonso waited by the door, thanking people for coming, and apologizing for Faixon's outburst. While he was waiting, he sent Elías to his office to write up something on official stationary from the PM's office. When it was brought to him, Alfonso quickly signed it, and sent Elías out to the Ministry of Justice to deliver it.
230px-Star_of_the_Collar_Grade_of_the_Spanish_Order_of_the_Civil_Merit.svg.png

From the Office of the Prime Minister:
A warrant for the arrest of Assemblyman Emiliano Felipe Faixòn for the attempted assault at swordpoint and the robbery of several papers belonging to Francisco de las Torres y Borges is hereby issued.

((So yeah, the banquet is basically over now. You're welcome to say your goodbyes to Alfonso or the other players, but no new IC's))

((Again, I'm sorry for borrowing some characters.))

((Private - banquet))

Carlos Maria heard a commotion in the main room. Apparently someone was very mad with someone else. He also heard a few gasps and the sound of metal clicking, as if someone was pointing a gun at someone. Somebody was probably drunk. If it was Silva it would be ironic. But it wasn't his business to find out what was going on. He decided to ignore it.

Wilhelm, though, could not ignore it. While he was busy engaging the Lucrezian priest in a show of wits, the Crown Prince stormed over, muttering some curses in the Lucrezian's direction.

"Come on, Ponc, let's go," said Alfons.

The boy quickly followed his father away from the priest.

Wilhelm collected his belongings and looked at the priest one more time. "I know exactly who you guys are," he said, "I've seen people like you before, in other places, in other times. You may not be as violent as them, and you may preach tolerance and understanding, but your motives are still the same. You want control. You don't have to admit it now. But tell whoever you answer to that I'm watching you. We're watching you."

He walked away before the priest could respond.

Returning to the main hall, he noticed a commotion. He saw a crowd gathered around a man holding a man hostage with a sword. The hostage-taker, who Wilhelm gathered to be Faixon, was obviously angry. He watched Alfons position himself between Faixon and his children, pleading with him to release the man. Even though the guards lowered their guns, Faixon didn't waver. Wilhelm reached for the dagger he always kept hidden up his sleeve and prepared to draw it if he needed to. He hoped he didn't have to. He didn't want to attract attention, especially after he barely escaped Valencia after the epidemic.

Fortunately, Faixon pushed away the other man and stuffed some papers into his pocket, arrogantly walking towards the door and out of the venue. Wilhelm sighed with relief and loosened his grip on the dagger. Luckily nobody was hurt.

((So this was advertised as a banquet. Where's the food?o_O))

((Sent at a later time))

Your Majesty,

The Hispanian government decides that it will agree to your offer. However, we feel that the price of 500k peseta is too high for those islands. We propose paying 400k peseta for the islands, which we feel is appropriate compensation.

Regards,
Leon
((It was out from the beginning. :p))

((It was out from the beginning. :p))
((You advertised it as a banquet, not a buffet. We've all been tricked!:D))

((Private - banquet))

On his way out, Carlos Maria stopped by Alfonso.

"Thanks for arranging this," he said, "We should do this more often."

He shook his hand. "See you back in Parliament."

He walked out the door.

---

Nobody saw Wilhelm leave the venue, but when everybody was gone, the venue was empty.

Manuel walked for almost an hour searching for cigarettes. He snuck out of the place to buy some cigarettes as he disliked not having any tobacco. In the end, he somehow ended up in the store of some strange Mongolian who, besides giving him cigarettes, sold him some strange liquor based on milk, fermented mare's milk the strange man said. After paying, the Mongol made a joke Manuel didn't get about those two things surely traumatizing his kids. When Manuel didn't laugh, the Mongol simply said that the future generations would get it. Manuel left, not caring to ask any more.

As Manuel neared the party he hoped that he didn't miss anything important, but when he saw everyone leaving, he got a feeling that something went wrong. After asking some people, he learned about the encounter between Faixon and Francisco. For a second he thought he should purge the Public Force, How was his agent caught by a kid and a radical? He dismissed the idea as he tried to get to Alfonso, but he got caught by Alfonso's son, Elias, on the way. Elias explained to him the situation and handed him the letter with Faixon's arrest warrant. Manuel told Elias to excuse him, and that he needed to run, he told him to explain Alfonso that he was going to execute the order right this moment, before Faixon could plan a better escape.

Manuel quickly reunited with the other four Public Force agents that were on the banquet that hadn't had their cover blown, and ordered Francisco to go home. After that he quickly asked for a carriage and went with his men to Faixon's house, not wanting to waste a minute.

Manuel walked for almost an hour searching for cigarettes. He snuck out of the place to buy some cigarettes as he disliked not having any tobacco. In the end, he somehow ended up in the store of some strange Mongolian who, besides giving him cigarettes, sold him some strange liquor based on milk, fermented mare's milk the strange man said. After paying, the Mongol made a joke Manuel didn't get about those two things surely traumatizing his kids. When Manuel didn't laugh, the Mongol simply said that the future generations would get it. Manuel left, not caring to ask any more.

As Manuel neared the party he hoped that he didn't miss anything important, but when he saw everyone leaving, he got a feeling that something went wrong. After asking some people, he learned about the encounter between Faixon and Francisco. For a second he thought he should purge the Public Force, How was his agent caught by a kid and a radical? He dismissed the idea as he tried to get to Alfonso, but he got caught by Alfonso's son, Elias, on the way. Elias explained to him the situation and handed him the letter with Faixon's arrest warrant. Manuel told Elias to excuse him, and that he needed to run, he told him to explain Alfonso that he was going to execute the order right this moment, before Faixon could plan a better escape.

Manuel quickly reunited with the other four Public Force agents that were on the banquet that hadn't had their cover blown, and ordered Francisco to go home. After that he quickly asked for a carriage and went with his men to Faixon's house, not wanting to waste a minute.
((Noo! :mad: If we keep Faixon in the dark, we can expose as the raving madman he is to the public. But if we tell him he's right, all is lost! :p

Really, as long as someone is murdered, I'll be fine. :D ))

((Noo! :mad: If we keep Faixon in the dark, we can expose as the raving madman he is to the public. But if we tell him he's right, all is lost! :p

Really, as long as someone is murdered, I'll be fine. :D ))
((But we're arresting him.))

As guest started to leave the banquet, Antione began packing up and putting everything into his bag. As he went back through the hall, he passed by the table he was at before, took the bottle of wine he had requested earlier, tipped his hat to Alfonso, thanked him for the banquet and left.

Elías soon returned to Alfonso, but to his dismay, Alfonso had another task for him.
"Bring this note to the Ministry of the Interior. The letter contain instructions to send out messengers to every major newspaper in the city, informing them of the warrant for Faixòn's arrest. By tomorrow, everyone in Valencia should know about it."
Elías sighed, and nodded. Llora and his children walked up to the two.
"Elías, where have you been?"
"Delivering letters for father," Elías replied. "I must be off to deliver another now." Elías turned to Alfonso. "Do you mind if we stay here tonight? We were going to head back to Lisbon, but it's getting to be too late, and by the time I get back, the last train would likely have left."
"Of course. I'll have the the servants set up the guest rooms for you."
Elías nodded in thanks, then walked out the door, and rode for the ministerial district. Alfonso looked around the mostly empty room. Only about a dozen guests remained. Manuel's son and Alfonso's daughter, the Prince-Regent corralling his kids, Bernardo de Alicante. Faixon's wife strangely hadn't left yet. Spoleto was still sulking in the corner. Geraldo had disappeared, Juan and Carlos were still there, as was Felipe. Takawira and his wife were also still there. The last person who had yet to leave was Minister Diego. Alfonso shrugged. They would leave soon enough. Joan and Sophia insisted on waiting with him at the door until Elías got back, but Llora took the three youngest to bed. All there was to do now was wait for the lingerers to leave.

Last edited:
((Banquet))
Shaken from Faixon's aggression, Diego was set to leave, and bid his farewell to Senor Alejandria.

"Well, Senor. The food and furnishing was great, as to be expected. Unfortunate a Phoenix found his way in. But, if Lucrezia smiles on us, perhaps this day's events will serve to gild our fair Valencia. I will be contacting some, friends, in Grenada, and before the week's end, all from Valencia to Lisbon shall learn of Faixon's brash actions. Now, as long as we don't waste this chance like we did with Villahermosa... Surely you remember his trial?"

@TylerCraigofPrussia
((I'm actually unsure whether you were around at that time, so you can get ready for a totally unbiased exposition dump. :p ))

((Dang, I missed the vote again, and all of the shenanigans apparently happening around my table.))

Deciding he wanted nothing to do with Faxion and his insults Attillio had unseated himself from his chair and tipped his hat to Faxion, leaving before the tirade had even stopped. He therefore happily missed the ensuing chaos as he collected his wife and bid farewell to the host. Attillio had managed to time things such that he had only heard commotion and rumors of commotion and thus was quite uniformed of the frantic events as he left the party.

((Banquet))
Shaken from Faixon's aggression, Diego was set to leave, and bid his farewell to Senor Alejandria.

"Well, Senor. The food and furnishing was great, as to be expected. Unfortunate a Phoenix found his way in. But, if Lucrezia smiles on us, perhaps this day's events will serve to gild our fair Valencia. I will be contacting some, friends, in Grenada, and before the week's end, all from Valencia to Lisbon shall learn of Faixon's brash actions. Now, as long as we don't waste this chance like we did with Villahermosa... Surely you remember his trial?"
"Indeed I do Cardinal. It was before I entered politics, but I am well aware of the circumstances surrounding his trial. Rest assured, a warrant for his arrest has already be issued. Alfonso leaned closer to Diego. "May the lady's light shine on our endeavors."

((I'm actually unsure whether you were around at that time, so you can get ready for a totally unbiased exposition dump. :p ))
((I think I joined just after that ended, but I read the forum before joining, so I know the circumstances.))

"Indeed I do Cardinal. It was before I entered politics, but I am well aware of the circumstances surrounding his trial. Rest assured, a warrant for his arrest has already be issued. Alfonso leaned closer to Diego. "May the lady's light shine on our endeavors."

((I think I joined just after that ended, but I read the forum before joining, so I know the circumstances.))
"And may her outwardly ugly face bless us with her inner beauty."

Diego returned to the MRA, where he put his ideas for the Catholic Church away for now. The next day, he would travel to Grenada, and inform some of his old associates at L'Antorcha of what had transpired.

((Expect a feature tomorrow. ;) ))

((Parliament))
"I showed my willingness to cooperate, and this is the result. Every complaint about the Free Circulation of Goods Act has been dealt with, yet the result is the same. So this tells me that either A: you have been to dumb to notice or B: you are opposing everything I say just for the sake of it. As you certainly are B", and of course also A, Faixòn thought, "don't expect me to make any compromises either."

((after the banquet))
As the Minister of Injustice appeared at his door with a few of his goons and held up the arrest warrant from the Prime Weasel, Faixòn merely laughed.
"An arrest warrant? Are you serious? For this little nothing at the banquet? I thought you were Minister of Justice, but it seems I need to explain to you the function of an arrest - to prevent the escape of an alleged criminal. There's no chance of either of that. One, why should I try to 'escape'? Whatever punishment for 'my crime' I would face, I would lose far much by 'escaping'. Two, my 'crime'. I had neither the intention to harm anyone nor did I do so. So the charge for assault is utter nonsense. 'Robbery' is even better. The Prime Minister himself is of the opinion information has no value, and these papers certainly have no material one. You know, perhaps they told me something else? ((I'd like a roll to see if there was anything interesting to learn from that.)) If you truly want to ridiculize yourself, launch a trial and we'll see each other in court.
Besides, not that I doubt you'd happily issue an arrest warrant yourself, the Prime Minister overreached his competences in issuing it. The situation is not in the least comparable to the crisis accompanying the vote extension. Why don't you arrest him instead? There's more to lose there then here.
Either way, have a good day."
Emiliano then simply closed the door right under D'Garcia's nose.

((Banquet))

Bernardo and Carlos Maria chose not to intervene in the disorder which occured, instead finishing their fencing. They heartily congratulated each other on making it a draw and had a little friendly conversation. But then, as Alfonso's servants came announcing the feast over, explaining how Faixòn had caused a scene, they gave the other wishings for a good future, said that it had been nice to see each other again and that they must talk again soon.

"I'll get back to you about the book and the wargames," Bernardo said before Carlos Maria left.

Bernardo was disappointed, there were so many he hadn't had time to talk with; his friend Manuel and the Minister of War Duke Villanova, to name a few. But, he thought, I'll see some of them in due time. And he would, for he had plans on his own, smaller meeting.

-------------------------------------------------------

At the door Alfonso was waiting for his guests to leave, handing out apologies for the abrupt end of the banquet and whishing them farewell.

"Don't apologise for Faixòn, I'll remember the banquet not only for him, but of course because of how much I liked it. I'm sorry for you that it had to become this way, but on my behalf I still liked what you organised."

Bernardo looked hastily at the sky, seeing the sun sinking toward the horison.

"Now, I believe it is time for me to leave. Thank you again and farewell, take care of yourself."

The field marshal found his way to his horse, but parked himself beside it as he realised something. I won't be home in Seville before the night. But I'll pass by Manuel's home, in Jaén.

With that in mind he turned to see if Manuel was still there, discovering that he wasn't. He let go a quiet sigh. I'll get a hotel room in Valencia.

((Parliament))
"I showed my willingness to cooperate, and this is the result. Every complaint about the Free Circulation of Goods Act has been dealt with, yet the result is the same. So this tells me that either A: you have been to dumb to notice or B: you are opposing everything I say just for the sake of it. As you certainly are B", and of course also A, Faixòn thought, "don't expect me to make any compromises either."

((after the banquet))
As the Minister of Injustice appeared at his door with a few of his goons and held up the arrest warrant from the Prime Weasel, Faixòn merely laughed.
"An arrest warrant? Are you serious? For this little nothing at the banquet? I thought you were Minister of Justice, but it seems I need to explain to you the function of an arrest - to prevent the escape of an alleged criminal. There's no chance of either of that. One, why should I try to 'escape'? Whatever punishment for 'my crime' I would face, I would lose far much by 'escaping'. Two, my 'crime'. I had neither the intention to harm anyone nor did I do so. So the charge for assault is utter nonsense. 'Robbery' is even better. The Prime Minister himself is of the opinion information has no value, and these papers certainly have no material one. You know, perhaps they told me something else? ((I'd like a roll to see if there was anything interesting to learn from that.)) If you truly want to ridiculize yourself, launch a trial and we'll see each other in court.
Besides, not that I doubt you'd happily issue an arrest warrant yourself, the Prime Minister overreached his competences in issuing it. The situation is not in the least comparable to the crisis accompanying the vote extension. Why don't you arrest him instead? There's more to lose there then here.
Either way, have a good day."
Emiliano then simply closed the door right under D'Garcia's nose.
((Could this be considered resisting arrest? :p Either way, the definition of assault is "an act, criminal or tortious, that threatens physical harm to a person, whether or not actual harm is done." Maybe you didn't verbally threaten the man, but holding a sword to a man's neck seems like a threat to me.))

Prince-Regent Alfons and his brood make their exit, hurrying home so the children get to bed at a proper time.

((I'd like a roll to see if there was anything interesting to learn from that.))

The papers turn out to be nothing more than a few pages from a local newspaper, with the only thing with even the slightest connection being stock information about the Faixòn business in the Finance section, but it is just one of many. Only an idiot undercover spy would carry incriminating papers on his person.

((Not the best roll.))

((Could this be considered resisting arrest? :p Either way, the definition of assault is "an act, criminal or tortious, that threatens physical harm to a person, whether or not actual harm is done." Maybe you didn't verbally threaten the man, but holding a sword to a man's neck seems like a threat to me.))

((Technically, according to our Code of Laws, assault is "defined as the act of attempting to initiate harmful or offensive contact with another or threaten to do so", while it is battery that is defined as "the act of unlawful physical harm inflicted upon another". Also, I am assuming a trial will be called after the update?))

Prince-Regent Alfons and his brood make their exit, hurrying home so the children get to bed at a proper time.

The papers turn out to be nothing more than a few pages from a local newspaper, with the only thing with even the slightest connection being stock information about the Faixòn business in the Finance section, but it is just one of many. Only an idiot undercover spy would carry incriminating papers on his person.

((Not the best roll.))

((Technically, according to our Code of Laws, assault is "defined as the act of attempting to initiate harmful or offensive contact with another or threaten to do so", while it is battery that is defined as "the act of unlawful physical harm inflicted upon another". Also, I am assuming a trial will be called after the update?))
((You are correct in assuming so.))

1858-1859 – Renewal

The Gran Coalicion government started the year off by ramping up its immigration campaign. Programs were instituted to encourage people to move to parts of Iberia and Egypt, where workers were needed in key industries. The arms industry was one of those industries, especially after the Ministry of Education helped created a new form of rifle, the breech-loaded ones, where the ammunition was loaded at the back. Other than this innovation though, the Ministry of Education seemed to be focusing on research projects and gathering sources for future ventures. The increased funding for education helped tremendously with this, with the amount given by the government nearly doubling after a year. Even with this raise in funding, money was still available to finish the final stages of the naval expansion.

On the topic of money, a bank in Tarfaya called the First Farmer’s Bank was gaining attention due to its connection to a Berber resistance movement. It was well known that the bank was using its funds to prevent non-Berber land purchases. Nevertheless, the government felt that shutting the bank down, especially since it had not supported any violent separatist groups, would garner unwanted attention. Nationalizing the bank was just as undesired, especially since it would be criticized as interfering in the economy. It was better to let them be and hope they saw the benefits of Hispanian rule.

Despite the incident of the First Farmer’s Bank, Hispania was quite quiet, enjoying a period of economic prosperity, growth, and intellectual enlightenment. ((AKA almost nothing happened and this update is going to be super boring… well, except for the very end. :D))

While Hispania wallowed in domestic bliss, other parts of the world were wracked with war or financial ruin. After Louisiana succumbed to bankruptcy, Terre Australe was the next French colony to follow. The entire French colonial empire was struggling to remain solvent as the colonies went bankrupt and the French sank further into debt. An agreement in the works between Hispania and France promised to help the French escape this pit, but it seemed too late for their colonies.

Poland-Lithuania, as expected, declared war on Bukhara early in 1858. Despite being caught preparing the attack, the Commonwealth had no need to fear failure. In under three months, they crushed the tiny Central Asian state and secured Turkmenia from them.

Eastern Europe proved the source of many conflicts yet again. Transdacia at first sought Hispania’s aid to alleviate its troubles, willing to restore the old alliance to ensure peace. Hispania, however, was not interested. An alliance with Transdacia might bring it into conflict with Byzantium. That was not a risk worth taking. Thus Transdacia, still struggling after its last defeat and with no strong ally to protect it, was attacked by Hungary again with the help of Byzantium. Just like last time, Hungary carved a piece out of them and didn’t bother to reclaim all their cores, making it clear they would be coming back for more later. At this rate, Transdacia would be reduced to its Wallachian territory in a decade or two.

Hispania’s attempt to expand its sphere continued to be a struggle. France was unwilling to back down in Mali. When attempts to discredit Hispania in Mali’s eyes failed, they convinced Mali to throw out any Hispanian advisors. Yet this did not deter Hispania. It was not until Hispania’s ambassadors were banned entirely that they had to take a step back and accept that gaining Mali was an uphill battle that may never be won. At least Hispania finally managed to repair relations with Scotland, while France had been reduced to merely cordial terms.

Persia proved another tough spot. Poland-Lithuania was also interested in seducing them away from Byzantium, and they recognized the threat Hispania posed. A few well-placed lies ruined Hispania’s friendly relations with Persia, and it took months of hard work to repair what was broken. It did not help that the Commonwealth was now eyeing up Hispania’s interests in Sibir. At least in Genoa, Hispania managed to make gains, establishing cordial relations. Hungary was a more difficult area, for Germany attempted to discredit Hispania.

At least when it came to Hispania’s own sphere, things were looking quite pleasant. Great efforts were made by both Malwa and Zazzau to repair relations after the disastrous conflicts that had existed with Hispania, and Hispania was only too willing to smooth things over. While Zazzau was still struggling with its situation, all while being wooed by the French, Malwa was finally beginning to comprehend that accepting Hispanian hegemony meant peace and prosperity. While they certainly did not appreciate Hispania’s claim to India, they were willing to accept that it was better to be Hispania’s friend than its enemy.

Yet Hispania did not always treat its friends so kindly when its interests were at stake. Far in the frozen tundra of North America, Hispania and the United Kingdom of America competed over dominance of one of the few remaining unclaimed pieces of the continent. Each had established small settlements, but slowly a military buildup was occurring. It started with a guard post or two, but the numbers kept increasing every few months. What started as a dozen or two soldiers ended with over a hundred on each side. Neither was willing to back down or seek a compromise. To do so would be a sign of weakness for Hispania, while the UKA had no intention of surrendering its dominance of the North American continent to another. Hispania even delayed its plan to transfer Columbia to Nuevos Valencia to ensure it has all the resources available it needed to maintain a presence in the far north. Unless one power backed down and soon, it seemed a crisis would erupt, that is if Bengal didn’t steal the show yet again.

If there was to be a show, it would be missing a principal actor. Emperor Ferran VI’s health had been declining for some time, yet he always seemed to bounce back. In early 1858, the Emperor seemed in high spirits for once, as if a great burden had been lifted off his shoulders. His physical ailments still plagued him, but his gloomy demeaner had vanished. Despite this, he refused to end the regency, claiming that his physical health was still poor, and the difficulties of ruling would only harm his mental health as well. He spent most of the following year with his family, helping raise his many grandchildren.

For a time, all was well with the royal family, seemingly happy and healthy. Then one night in early 1859, the Emperor passed away peacefully in his sleep at the age of 68, and the nation went into mourning. The Prince-Regent, who had ruled the Empire on and off for several years during times of his father’s poor health or absences, was now to rule in his own right as Emperor Alfons X de Trastámara. The Emperor was dead, but the Empire went on. For now, that meant the prospects of another election. Hispania was set to go forth with a new emperor and potentially a new government.

((I would like to think I made it obvious that the Emperor was going to croak one day, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that he finally passed away. Now the reign of Alfons X begins. The Emperor is dead; long live the Emperor!

I’ve noticed that since about 1855, the game stopped giving us newspapers, so that’s why I haven’t been posting any. I’m not sure why it stopped making them, but we’ll have to do without until they start up again.

As for our usual business, ministers should submit their plans by Saturday at 12PM PST. Players may also propose laws in that time period too. Keep in mind that you can no longer resubmit any laws presented in earlier sessions of this electoral term. Speaking of the election, the next one is starting up. Players may post campaign IC at any point to boost their chances during the election. Players should also figure out any parties or coalitions going into the election before the election vote starts.))

Alfonso leaned back in surprise as he heard the news. It wasn't as if it was unexpected, but it was still shocking. Alfonso simply sat in his office for several minutes as he contemplated this. Alfonso poured himself a drink, one of the many leftover bottles from his banquet almost a year ago.
"El emperador está muerto, viva el emperador."
Greetings,
You have my condolences for the death of your father. Should you require anything from me, I will do my best to oblige. I know you will guide the Empire well.
Regards,
Alfonso de Alejandría
Duque de Bajo Egipto
Chamberlain of the Cortz

((Public))

Hispania will secure and protect its foreign interests just like any other country. It will protect both its allies' sovereignty and the global balance of power against those who wish to subvert either.

((Private))

Influence use:

1. Maximum priority influence will be used to sphere Mali and to decrease the influence that other Great Powers have there to at least neutral. Take whatever measures ((ban embassy, discredit, etc.)) are necessary to remove Mali from the French sphere.

2. Once Mali is sphered (or if embassies are banned) use maximum priority influence setting to take Persia, Hungary, and Genoa out of the Greek sphere. If discredited in any of them, focus on those that aren’t discredited until discredit effect is over. Priority goes to Hungary and then Persia, followed by Genoa.

3. If discredited in all (or all have been sphered), spread influence across all sphered nations below cap and take measures to ensure no other GP gets an opinion above neutral or influence above 50. If another nation has above neutral opinion in a Hispanian sphere, take all necessary efforts to bring their opinion in that sphere down to at least neutral and keep their influence as low as possible.

4. Aggressively make sure that nobody gets above 50 influence or cordial opinion in any of the above countries.

Diplomatic points expenditure:

1. Increase relations with France and Byzantium to make up for any tensions created in Mali or other spheres.

2. If possible, sign military access both ways.

3. Diplomatic points are to be focused on France. Once maxed out, spread out diplomatic points to increase relations with other Hispanian allies and spheres. Use only enough diplomatic points to keep Byzantine relations above 100.

4. Aggressively attempt to bring Malwa's opinion to maximum and prepare to invoke the Imperial Commonwealth Association Act in relation to it.

Diplomatic agreements:

1. Anyone who asks for military access while it war with a great power that isn't Byzantium, France, America, or Bavaria gets it.

2. Refuse alliance offers from the Qing, PLC, Scandinavia, Germany, and any country which is likely to get into a conflict with any of the above, the Ming, or a Hispanian ally or sphere. Completely diplomatically isolate the anarchists in the Republic of Delhi ((refuse any diplomatic deal with Delhi and decrease relations with Delhi to 0)).

3. Accept alliance offers from everybody else, with a priority on Greek and then French offers. If France or Byzantium offers an alliance, accept it and refuse offers from the other.

4. Do not request alliances with anybody who previously broke an alliance, except for France.

5. Should a crisis break out in Bengal, side with Bengal without delay.

I am disappointed to say that negotiations with Senor de Alejandria have broken down due to unforeseen circumstances. We will thus remain in our partnership with Senor Medrano and his friends for the time being and run against the Caballeresca in the upcoming elections. To be honest with you, both opening and closing negotiations were difficult decisions to make, as I had no desire to antagonize Senor Medrano but realized that the revived conservative movement threatened our values. I also recognize that with the recent ennoblement of many Caballeresca members, we may never gain control of the Cortz again. But don't lose hope. I urge all of you to keep fighting for what you think is right. I need you all trying your best in the coming months. Because even if we don't take the Cortz, we can retake the Assembly and attempt to form a government. Eventually, we will return to power. I want to make sure that does happen.

Leon

My condolences for your loss. Your father, my brother-in-law, was a great man. He is with our Lord in Heaven now. I apologize this not coming from your mother, but my sister is still grieving, and it is best to let her be for now so she isn't too stressed when she gives the eulogy. If there is anything you need, know that both of us are more than glad to help. May your reign be long and prosperous!

Regards,
Leon

Alfonso calls for a trial for Emiliano Felipe Faixòn regarding the attempted assault at swordpoint and the robbery of several papers belonging to Francisco de las Torres y Borges. This had not been done earlier because of court backlog.