• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To your majesty, congratulations on your successes across the board these past few years,
it has been truly something to see the aragonese state to exert its rightful dominion over all who dare stand against her.

I can only hope these successes continue onwards, until we are the foremost power in Europe.

Yours humbly, Count de Soneta

((damn that was a long update michael, didn't expect 9 years to go by o_o, just wondering when you'll introduce the first member of the order of light now ;).
@Qwerty7 very nicely done my friend, that was a truly clever innuendo fest, I commend thee.
@zenphoenix how we to do the courting thing now, should just one of us do a dialogue of the years?, seeing as 9 years have passed since the introduction to the notion of the courtship?))

((You know what, let's just assume everything worked out and consider them married.))

Over the course of the years, von Thun had seen everything there was to be seen. He passed past battlefields, talked to Sultans, argued with Kings, bowed before the Pope's representatives, made laws, dined with dukes, insulted the archdukes... the list could be going for years. But now, at the high age of 73 years, he decided that he was too tired to keep on going all over the world. After all, he found a true friend in Marcin Bażyński, and fresh blood for the diplomatic body of Aragon.

((A letter to King Alfons VI.))

My King

Over the course of the last decades, I have served under your uncle, your father and yourself, as you surely remember. Now, I'm an old man and I'd like to enjoy what remains of my body in retirement. The Polish foreigner Marcin Bażyński, you might remember him, told me he'd like to request a diplomatic position. May I advise you taking him into that position as my last wish on Court? He's a great man and he truly learned the Aragonese ways of life over the last 9 years.

Now to my son, Stefano von Thun. He's just returned from one of his trips to Rome and I told him of my decision. He would have loved to keep the torch of diplomacy in the family, but since the ancient laws of these lands do not allow for such a thing, he would like to be given the county of Zaragoza which is, if I'm not wrong, currently blessed with a vacant leader position, so to speak.

Long speach, short sense: I'd like to retire, my son Stefano will follow me on court and he requests the county of Zaragoza.

Your loyal, now retired subject
Joseph von Thun
Former noble diplomat

PS: May I send my most impressed congratulations for your grand victories in Greece and North Africa? I'm sure future generations will speak of you together with other archenemies of the Turks like Gjergj Kastrioti or Johann Hunyadi. May god bless your soul and may the Pope grant you the most honorable title of Athleta Christi.

((New character time!

Name: Stefano von Thun
Born: 22nd January 1448
Class: Unlanded Noble
Religion: Catholic
Bio: Born shortly after the Castillian war, Stefand soon learned to hate the ever existing threat to Aragonese independency. Being a Swiss just merely in name, his mother was an unspeakable beauty from Roussilon, he had never suffered the fear of Burgundy his father still had after all those years. Still, he respected those French dukes, but he respected King Alfons much more than anyone, his father aside who had done more to Aragon than most people were aware of. But he was not just a loyal servant of the crown, he too was an extremely religious person, having gone to Rome just to pray there 5 times over the last 9 years. (And if I forgot anything of importance, I'm not the only one who reads my posts, just imagine it's there :D

PS: Michaelangelo, feel free to roleplay about Joseph freely if you want to, he's not "my" character anymore and I'm sure a discounted but aged dip advisor wouldn't harm too much))

Reactions:
Offices of the Treasury

Manuel did enjoy being a man of the Church. The Church is everywhere, therefore the church sees everything and, by extension, Manuel could see anything. Messina for example.
"...barely even a skeleton garrison... ...walls are crumbling in multiple places... ...no supplies to speak of..." Manuel read from the letter he was holding.
The treasury official in front of him paled slightly. "The fort.. it has not been used in years... decades." he flapped his hands around uselessly "It is hardly surprising if there are a few cobwebs."
Manuel picked up a ledger "For the repair and restoration of the fort in the vicinity of Messina: #### ducats... ...For the upkeep and supplies of said fort: ### ducats. Yet this letter is from a certain abbot who personally visited the fort. No maintenance funds have been received and hardly ## ducats worth of supplies. Has there been some mistake?"
"Ah these provincials, they are all surely quite quick-fingered. We at the treasury can't oversee-"
"Have you suffered the loss of anyone close to you recently?"
"What? no..." The official was taken aback by the sudden change of topic. "No one has died... why?"
Manuel grinned "So you haven't received any inheritances recently?"
"Hahaha no, I wish"
"Yet you seem to have come into rather a lot of money recently. Extensions and refurbishment of your town house, purchase of estates, general displays of wealth beyond what would be expected. Explain?"
"I... er... I have always saved well?"
"May God have mercy on your soul, child, for the King will surely not. Guards!"
Manuel entered into the ledger: For the repair and restoration of the fort in the vicinity of Messina: #### ducats... He paused, considering. The Bishops Palace could use some extensions, it had remained practically the same for the last three hundred years.
"Pere arrange for ### to be delivered to Messina."
"Yes my lord bishop." Pere was one of his men. A Priest.

At court

Your Majesty, I have been conducting a review of treasury activity and it saddens me to say that many members have exhibited low morals and disregard for the ownership of your majesty's coin. I have had these individuals purged and they await your justice.

My plan for the treasury:

- Support for the armies is to be kept to an absolute minimum, so long as there is no imminent threat of rebellion.
((0% Land maintenance unless there is a rebellion chance of 50% or 80% whichever you prefer.))

-The treasury must do all it can to support the establishment of the Inquisition. This will likely take some time and therefore we must support it on an ad hoc basis.
((Should the inquisitor advisor die and a new one does not become available, retire lvl 1 + 2 adm advisors until an inquisitor appears)).

I also have some laws I would like to suggest for the strengthening of your majesty's realm.

For the provision of minors
Under-age nobility have long had their lands administered by a regent, and that regent often does not act in the interests of their ward, the land they administer or the crown. I would therefore like to propose that your majesty may appoint a guardian to nobles still in their minority.
((No ingame effects.
I guess in the unlikely event of any of the players being a minor and a landed noble their +1 vote could be temporarily granted to someone else by the king.(I can remove this bit, @Michaelangelo?) ))
Bill redrafted.

Tax increase on the landowning nobility
Reports have reached me of great opulence displayed by some of our nobility. I believe we should ask such men to make a greater contribution to the realm, as they seem to have the funds available to increase their tax obligations.
((no effects))

Last edited:
Name: Garcia El-Karim
Date of birth: October 14th, 1438
Class: Courtier
Bio: Born to a family of merchants based in Barcelona on his mother's side Garcia has been surrounded by the mixing of cultures his entire life. His father was a native Moroccan who worked as an employee for his mother's family and eventually became so close that he too became family. Moving from city to city Garcia El-Karim has come to appreciate that to every struggle there are two sides and two viewpoints. Garcia El-Karim long felt pressure to join his family business as a merchant, but Garcia has always found bookeeping and numbers dull. The one thing Garcia loved about his time amongst merchants was meeting people, discussing deals and learning the different perspectives people have. Even as an adult Garcia El-Karim has held onto a childlike wonder and fascination when it came to meeting and thinking about the different people's of the world. Garcia worked as a sailor for many years and sailed around the Mediterranean enjoying taking in what he could. It was while on vacation in Fez that Garcia El-Karim decided to write to King Alfons VI. From Garcia's perspective the Moroccans will see their new king as nothing but a foreign conqueror and the nobles who know only Europe will assume the Muslims to be barbarous. Garcia El-Karim believes he can be the bridge between two peoples who have been opposed for so long and that if he is permitted to govern Fez he can bring compromise where others would bring rebellion and resentment.

To King Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

My name is Garcia El-Karim and while it is unlikely that you have heard my name before do not let my lack of prestige act as an excuse to not listen to my advice. The territory of Fez has recently come under your glorious kingdom's control and even now you may be feeling the effects of a cultural disconnect with your new subjects. The people of Fez have customs and traditions with which many Iberians would find themselves unfamiliar with and I offer myself as an expert on the people of North Africa. I have lived amongst them, am proficient in Arabic and other foreign languages and my own father was an immigrant from Morocco. If you, in your infinite divine wisdom, allow me to govern Fez I promise to reconcile cultural differences that few others could. Allow me to be their window into your domain and your window into your new loyal subjects. I look forward to your response and am always available to meet with you and your court at any time.
Your proud Aragonese citizen,

Garcia El-Karim, African Expert

((This looks like a lot of fun, i'd love to join in!))

Reactions:
((@alscon I presume Vincenzo is male ;))

To the honorable Count Castelozzi of Palmero, I too share your notion of a united Argonese nobility, as shown by my relatively recent sharing of my eldest son, for my wife and I are proud to say we succeeded in a second son over these last years, to our honorable marshal of the realms daughter, despite a increased age gap.

((@zenphoenix im ok with the sunshine and roses idea, and thanks for letting my young son to marry her, they are now 21 and 31 now, let's hope for a child soon hey ;))

And so, due to a secured succession in Juan, my youngest, I offer to you my daughter, my eldest in age ((she is 23)), Jasminia, all I ask is that we were to discuss if the match would be wise, my daughter is a true mirror of her mother, and we know how long it to me to seduce her.

I hope this letter gets to you in good stead, and I hope my daughter can provide what Vincenzo wants, and vice versa.

Yours sincerely,
Count Matthias de Soneta, First Count of Pirineo.

To your majesty, congratulations on your successes across the board these past few years,
it has been truly something to see the aragonese state to exert its rightful dominion over all who dare stand against her.

I can only hope these successes continue onwards, until we are the foremost power in Europe.

Yours humbly, Count de Soneta

((damn that was a long update michael, didn't expect 9 years to go by o_o, just wondering when you'll introduce the first member of the order of light now ;).
@Qwerty7 very nicely done my friend, that was a truly clever innuendo fest, I commend thee.
@zenphoenix how we to do the courting thing now, should just one of us do a dialogue of the years?, seeing as 9 years have passed since the introduction to the notion of the courtship?))

((Yeah, sorry about the 9 years thing. I probably should have stopped at the end of the war, but I didn't. It does help make up for the break we had for the succession crisis though. :D))

5wxzSfe.jpg

Your Majesty Alfons VI,

I congratulate you on your most recent victory. I am proud to have taken part in it. That damned Turkish archer missed his goal, but took my chance to further fight for the glory of Aragon. But now I am in perfect health again, and ready to lead men into battle once again. Though I may humbly request, for the good of the army, that Your Highness will not deploy General de Agramunt and me in the same theatre of war. Over the years, we have had our disagreements and miscommunications, and I do fear some casualties could be avoided if we had acted with the same plan. I do not say that he or I are bad commanders, on the contrary, it is just that we do not share the same philosophy. But that will not matter much longer.

Your loyal subject,
Luigi Castelozzi, Count of Palermo

((The game doesn't seem to like him :p, but add him back in.))

vvEKLhO.png

We are glad to hear that you have recovered. We also note your concerns and will keep that in mind in the future.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

After many years with Joseph von Thun, Marcin is ready to introduce himself to the king one more time. During his travels with the diplomat he has developed a great respect for the Swiss noble. Thanks to von Thun, Bażyński learned many things for which he is very grateful. He enters the throne room to re-introduce himself. Marcin bows down before the king and proceeds to tell about himself to the king.

Greetings, great King Alfons VI, I'm Marcin Bażyński. I'm a Polish noble, who seeks knowledge. With such goal I have arrived in your powerful kingdom 9 years ago. You probably do not remember my arrival, and I would be very much surprised if you did. I did not know how speak Aragonese, and tried to communicate in Latin. But I'm ready to learn all I can in your country if you do not mind me staying here. I would also like to serve your kingdom as a diplomat. It will aid my quest, and I can help out with matters of your country. It won't hurt any side and as such it would bring only benefits. Of course the final decision belongs to you.

Marcin bows down before backing off to the side of the room.

(To himself, quietly)
Mam nadzieję że ten stary dureń na tronie zrozumie iż me intencje nie są złe. Z tego co opowiadał mi szlachetny mości pan von Thun, Alfons bywa porywczy i okrutny oraz cierpi na paranoję. Me nagłe wtargnięcie I składanie takiej prośby mogło go zaniepokoić... Mamże ja nadzieję iż wysłucha on mej prośby.

((I decided that using some Polish might be fitting. If you don't speak Polish (which I would not be surprised), and don't want to translate it yourself I'll try and do it as best as I can. I'm not stopping you from doing your own translation if you would want to do it.))
I hope that this old fool on the throne will understand that I do not have bad intentions. From what the noble sir von Thus has told me, Alfons is impulsive and cruel and suffers from paranoia. My sudden intrusion and placing such request could have disturbed him. I do hope that he will listen to my request.

vvEKLhO.png

Since Joseph von Thun vouches for you, we will have to take his word on your abilities. You shall be replacing him with his retirement. Serve us well.

- His Majesty, Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks

My Liege,

I have devised three things which I believe would benefit Aragon that can and I daresay should be implemented in Naples, these are as follows:

Begin accepting the Greeks of Southern Italy, these people have been here since before the days of Christ, they have as much claim to this land as the Italians, I believe that by no longer forcing them to learn Neapolitan or Catalan that we might have less unrest in these provinces and potentially find more recruits for the army due to them no longer seeing the Neapolitan and Aragonese as oppressors and instead as rulers.

Reform the Neapolitan Army, the Neapolitan army is currently organised along Italian lines, with the majority of soldiers being mercenaries, and this deprives us of employment for many loyal subjects who would otherwise find work in service to you, and Aragon. By reforming the Neapolitan army to be organised along the lines of the Aragonese army we make communication between the armies easy in the field. This has the added benefit of giving our subjects a reward and keeping potential troublemakers loyal rather than agitated. On a more economic note, this allows us to get some of our military spending back, as tax money from the employed soldiers returns some of your income.

I also believe we should encourage all high-quality educational centres to encourage Catalan as this would help spread the Catalan language and help us communicate with your subjects. This also encourages acceptance of being a dominion of Aragon, as the populace will come to be more Aragonese without a language barrier to encourage civil strife.

That is all that I suggest as Viceroy of Naples, but I have a further proposal for the Kingdom as a whole((OOC: I propose the following law in addition to my Viceroy plan)):

The Unity of the Kingdoms Act
This act would if passed, quarter the arms of Aragon with those of Naples, such that Aragon takes the heraldic position of primacy with Aragon as the 1st and 3rd quarters of the Aragonese Coat of Arms while Naples takes the secondary position with the 2nd and 4th quarters. This new Royal Coat of Arms would symbolise the unity of your two kings and pave the way for a united kingdom of Aragon and Naples when that day comes.

That is all that I suggest my king.

Your Loyal Servant,
Renato Limmona, Viceroy of Naples

((So basically do nothing in-game? I can't see any way to actually enforce any of those laws in Naples, so I'm treating them like fluff laws. As for the Unity of Kingdoms Act, are you suggesting we change the flag or just the coat of arms I use?))

((By the way, if we capture Rhodes will that be a territory suitable for knights?))

((Oh and new character))

Name:Juan Margolez Valentio
Born: 3/2/1452
Class: Clergy
Sub-Class: Knight
Bio: From most of my posts you should be able to figure that out.

((Rhodes would indeed be a possible location for a knight. As for now, there isn't any place where a knight could fit that I can think of.))

Over the course of the years, von Thun had seen everything there was to be seen. He passed past battlefields, talked to Sultans, argued with Kings, bowed before the Pope's representatives, made laws, dined with dukes, insulted the archdukes... the list could be going for years. But now, at the high age of 73 years, he decided that he was too tired to keep on going all over the world. After all, he found a true friend in Marcin Bażyński, and fresh blood for the diplomatic body of Aragon.

((A letter to King Alfons VI.))

My King

Over the course of the last decades, I have served under your uncle, your father and yourself, as you surely remember. Now, I'm an old man and I'd like to enjoy what remains of my body in retirement. The Polish foreigner Marcin Bażyński, you might remember him, told me he'd like to request a diplomatic position. May I advise you taking him into that position as my last wish on Court? He's a great man and he truly learned the Aragonese ways of life over the last 9 years.

Now to my son, Stefano von Thun. He's just returned from one of his trips to Rome and I told him of my decision. He would have loved to keep the torch of diplomacy in the family, but since the ancient laws of these lands do not allow for such a thing, he would like to be given the county of Zaragoza which is, if I'm not wrong, currently blessed with a vacant leader position, so to speak.

Long speach, short sense: I'd like to retire, my son Stefano will follow me on court and he requests the county of Zaragoza.

Your loyal, now retired subject
Joseph von Thun
Former noble diplomat

PS: May I send my most impressed congratulations for your grand victories in Greece and North Africa? I'm sure future generations will speak of you together with other archenemies of the Turks like Gjergj Kastrioti or Johann Hunyadi. May god bless your soul and may the Pope grant you the most honorable title of Athleta Christi.

((New character time!

Name: Stefano von Thun
Born: 22nd January 1448
Class: Unlanded Noble
Bio: Born shortly after the Castillian war, Stefand soon learned to hate the ever existing threat to Aragonese independency. Being a Swiss just merely in name, his mother was an unspeakable beauty from Roussilon, he had never suffered the fear of Burgundy his father still had after all those years. Still, he respected those French dukes, but he respected King Alfons much more than anyone, his father aside who had done more to Aragon than most people were aware of. But he was not just a loyal servant of the crown, he too was an extremely religious person, having gone to Rome just to pray there 5 times over the last 9 years. (And if I forgot anything of importance, I'm not the only one who reads my posts, just imagine it's there :D

PS: Michaelangelo, feel free to roleplay about Joseph freely if you want to, he's not "my" character anymore and I'm sure a discounted but aged dip advisor wouldn't harm too much))

vvEKLhO.png

You have served us well over the years and our father did indeed grant you a title of nobility. If you son desires Zaragoza, then he may have it. We always reward those who are loyal.

Your Majesty, I have been conducting a review of treasury activity and it saddens me to say that many members have exhibited low morals and disregard for the ownership of your majesty's coin. I have had these individuals purged and they await your justice.

- Support for the armies is to be kept to an absolute minimum, so long as there is no imminent threat of rebellion.
((0% Land maintenance unless there is a rebellion chance of 50% or 80% whichever you prefer.))

-The treasury must do all it can to support the establishment of the Inquisition. This will likely take some time and therefore we must support it on an ad hoc basis.
((Should the inquisitor advisor die and a new one does not become available, retire lvl 1 + 2 adm advisors until an inquisitor appears)).

I also have some laws I would like to suggest for the strengthening of your majesty's realm.

Under-age nobility have long had their lands administered by a regent, and that regent often does not act in the interests of their ward, the land they administer or the crown. I would therefore like to propose that your majesty may appoint a guardian to nobles still in their minority.
((No ingame effects.
I guess in the unlikely event of any of the players being a minor and a landed noble their +1 vote could be temporarily granted to someone else by the king.(I can remove this bit, @Michaelangelo?) ))

Tax increase on the landowning nobility
Reports have reached me of great opulence displayed by some of our nobility. I believe we should ask such men to make a greater contribution to the realm, as they seem to have the funds available to increase their tax obligations.
((no effects))

vvEKLhO.png

Do you truly think I have the time to appoint regents for spoiled brats? Let them suckle on their nursemaid's tit until they reach sixteen for all I care. It is not the King's duty to ensure every noble child has some boot-licking noble looking after them.

((Simply put, I don't want to have to assign regents. It seems like a time-consuming effort. I'd prefer if everyone just creates their own random character to use as a regent instead. Makes things much easier for me.))

To King Alfons VI de Trastámara, King of Aragon and Naples, and Protector of the Greeks,

My name is Garcia El-Karim and while it is unlikely that you have heard my name before do not let my lack of prestige act as an excuse to not listen to my advice. The territory of Fez has recently come under your glorious kingdom's control and even now you may be feeling the effects of a cultural disconnect with your new subjects. The people of Fez have customs and traditions with which many Iberians would find themselves unfamiliar with and I offer myself as an expert on the people of North Africa. I have lived amongst them, am proficient in Arabic and other foreign languages and my own father was an immigrant from Morocco. If you, in your infinite divine wisdom, allow me to govern Fez I promise to reconcile cultural differences that few others could. Allow me to be their window into your domain and your window into your new loyal subjects. I look forward to your response and am always available to meet with you and your court at any time.
Your proud Aragonese citizen,

Garcia El-Karim, African Expert

((This looks like a lot of fun, i'd love to join in!))

vvEKLhO.png

If you believe you can win over the heathens of Fez, then so be it. We do not know why anyone in their right mind would want to spend time with those condemned to spend an eternity in Hell, but we do appreciate those willing to assist us in our duties.

Do you truly think I have the time to appoint regents for spoiled brats? Let them suckle on their nursemaid's tit until they reach sixteen for all I care. It is not the King's duty to ensure every noble child has some boot-licking noble looking after them.

((Simply put, I don't want to have to assign regents. It seems like a time-consuming effort. I'd prefer if everyone just creates their own random character to use as a regent instead. Makes things much easier for me.))

Sire, I did not mean to suggest you should allocate guardians personally, either delegating matters to your council or establishing a special court would be more than sufficient.
The revenues of these estates legally belong to the crown, however what the crown does not know about, the crown cannot collect. As you can well imagine, there are many estates that simply avoid reporting the situation. If we employ people to specifically search for these evasive estates the treasuries revenues could be boosted substantially.

((I'll remove the bit about in-iAAR effects))

Re-drafted Bill:

Under-age nobility have long had their lands administered by a regent, and that regent often does not act in the interests of their ward, the land they administer or the crown. Legally the revenues of the estates of these minors belong to the crown. However many of these revenues have not been forthcoming in recent years. I would therefore like to propose that your majesty exercise his right to appoint a guardian to nobles still in their minority.
To this end a Court of Wards subordinated to the treasury should be established to appoint guardians and ensure the collection of the crown's due.
((No ingame effects.))

vvEKLhO.png

We now present our plans for the following ministries:

Chancellor – We believe it is prudent to rebuild for a time. The war with the Ottomans was more difficult than we had first thought, mostly due to rebels. We shall seek a state of peace for the moment, although if either Genoa or Provence are in a vulnerable state, we may strike. As before, war in North Africa will only be considered once the Inquisition is capable of operating in any provinces we acquire. It is best that we repair relations with our neighbours for a time. Castile has not struck yet, but with Granada gone they may consider it soon. We must be prepared.

Grandmaster – Our plan shall remain the same as previously.

Grand Admiral - With the navy at such a large size and the largest naval threat removed for now, we believe it prudent to curtail any further expansion to the navy at this time.

9skqvwl.png

To His Royal Majesty and the court,
Congratulations on another success against enemies of the Church, Your Majesty. Surely God smiles upon your efforts to strengthen the Church and destroy heresy by blessing your reign.

I propose that no change be made to the court chaplain program and that the Inquisition continue. However, I do recommend that your officials heed the words of His Holiness' emissaries and make sure to keep the Church involved in your plans so as not to cause friction between church and state.

I agree with your proposal to allow our armies to rest and recover. The Inquisition cannot succeed if our forces are depleted or spread too thin, or else our Greek and Mohammedan subjects shall revolt. With time, the Inquisition will take root and all of your subjects shall embrace the Catholic faith.

Your humble servant,

Cardinal Fernando de Vascona
Bishop of Pirineo

((Private Prince Ferran and Giuseppe))

Giuseppe and Ferran were dirty boys. They had just spent the day learning how to wrestle, unsuccessfully one might add, with the help of a strongman from House Armonni. They had gone at each other hard and foolishly found themselves in the filthy mud like pigs. Ferran was very rough, just the way he liked it, his strategy was to dive straight for the strong, meaty legs of Giuseppe. The response from Giuseppe would be to stuff Ferran's head down into the ground. Ferran didn't mind the view though, and sometimes he'd go easy on Giuseppe just to get the majestic, beautiful picture in his head again. It made his heart jump and his blood rush and you know what? He loved every impure bit of it.

The bouts the two nobles had would leave them covered head to toe in mud and excrement, very unbefitting for royalty. "Would you like one more tangle my lord?" asked Giuseppe, once again with his usual gaze of beauty despite the mud. "No, I am tired and I need some...relaxation," Ferran winked at Giuseppe. He knew full well the medicine to Ferran's fatigue. Giuseppe led Ferran to the bath, and the two got into their water attire like all real men do.

Giuseppe tried to turn the water lever on, but he was struggling. "Do you need assistance my friend," Ferran asked a rather frustrated Giuseppe.

"No my lord," Giuseppe responded with some tension, "My water lever is stiff and so it will not eject the liquid."

"What is the problem? Has it worked before?"

"Yes, but it has been stuck like this for four hours. I think I should call my..."

"Doctor?"

"No. I think I should call one of my servants to soften it up a bit."

"Perhaps you are not trying hard enough. Really squeeze it." Giuseppe shrugged and decided to take his Prince's advice. With his big strapping hands he attempted to manhandle the lever. "Harder," instructed Ferran. Giuseppe took a deep breath, no, a deeper one, and once again wen to work.

"Harder!" demanded Ferran. "Harder!" he yelled, "Harder! Harder! Harder! Harder!" By this time the two were gasping for air. Their bodies covered with a thin layer of sweat. They were clearly not going to make any progress.

"Well, I guess this happens with age. It gets more difficult to squeeze out a drop. When it was young it could spew out plentiful water once you got it hard enough. And until recently it was shooting out a little bit even though it was mainly dust. A shame." Giuseppe and Ferran changed to their normal attire. It looks like they would not get wet tonight.

((Fun Fact: The D'Ambrosio dynasty is my dynasty in Power to the Peorple))

Reactions:

My friend, I must object to your plans concerning army funding. We must pay our soldiers a respectable wage in order to further the Inquisition, prevent heretic rebellions, and protect against a potential attack from Castile.

I wholly agree with the second point in your proposal, however.

-Cardinal de Vascona

Eminence, I appreciate your concern, and would point out that I have made provision for rebellions. In regards to Castille, our scattered armies need time to regroup in one location before facing an enemy army. That time can also be used to resupply, train and whatever else it is armies do to get battle ready.
I am glad you approve of the second half of the plan, however the two parts come together. In order for the Inquisition to be financed, something else must be cut.

((retiring lvl 2 advisors gets expensive))

- Bishop de Vivar y Sastre

((So basically do nothing in-game? I can't see any way to actually enforce any of those laws in Naples, so I'm treating them like fluff laws. As for the Unity of Kingdoms Act, are you suggesting we change the flag or just the coat of arms I use?))

(( Just the CoA you use, but really whichever would be easiest to do that would look nicer, so the ingame flag if that's easier or the CoA you use with the Crown if that is easier.

And yes, they are all fluff laws because I feel that the ingame interaction settings with Naples are near perfect. ))

(( Just the CoA you use, but really whichever would be easiest to do that would look nicer, so the ingame flag if that's easier or the CoA you use with the Crown if that is easier.

And yes, they are all fluff laws because I feel that the ingame interaction settings with Naples are near perfect. ))

((I have no idea how to change the in-game flag, not that I particularly want to. As for my CoA, I don't possess the skills to edit one. Someone would have to make up an example to show me what it'd look like.))

((Private))

"Tighter!"

Ignacio turned the screws. The victim screamed.

"Do you follow the Hebrew faith?" Cardinal de Vascona asked.

"No!" the victim screamed.

"Liar! Make it tighter."

Ignacio turned the screws once again. The victim's head continued to be crushed. After a few moments, his teeth cracked.

"Do you believe in the one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church"

"Yes!"

"Tighter!"

Now his eyes begun to compress. The victim screamed. He better get used to it, the cardinal thought, for he would suffer similar pain in Hell for all of eternity.

"Do you believe in the Holy Trinity and the divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ?"

After a few moments the victim whimpered, "No."

"Ignacio, it seems that the heretic has been unmasked."

Another victory for the Inquisition. Soon, Aragon would be purified and the false conversos would be uncovered.

"Finish him off."

The victim's head was squashed like a watermelon after a few agonizing minutes.

220px-Aplasta.JPG

Last edited: