• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

baylox

East vs West developer, CORE Air Marshall
25 Badges
Nov 30, 2003
Visit site
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
Current version: 0.4.0 - for Armageddon 1.3b2

This release is exclusively designed for the Armageddon expansion pack with patch 1.3b2 (2nd public 1.3 beta patch). Some of the highlights of 0.4.0 are:
- Full utilization of naval brigades;
- A completely new, more agressive AI, especially designed for the CORE setup;
- Hundreds of new events;
- Revised and updated resource and IC distribution;
- Tons of new graphics matching the CORE model setup - in all some 400 MB of COREd graphics.

Version 0.4.0 has separate installers for the basic CORE game as well as installers for the CORE graphics add-ons. The CORE in Color graphics pack is exclusively designed to be used together with GIP (the latter installed in the Vanilla directory setup).

Windows installer version - just select your Hoi2 ARM directory:
CORE2 0.4.0 basic installer (25MB)
CORE 0.4.0 Black & White graphics pack (137MB)
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.0 (170 MB)

RAR versions are also available, for our Mac friends:
CORE2 0.4.0 basic installer RAR (36 MB)
CORE 0.4.0 Black & White graphics pack RAR (260 MB)
CORE in Color graphics pack for CORE2 0.4.0 RAR (240 MB)

The checksum in-game should be LXES. We decided to keep the AI debug messages in intentionally, for short-term support purposes, given the fact that the AI is rewritten from scratch.

A big, big thank-you to the Betas, without whom this wouldn't have been possible. We sure asked a lot of your patience and effort this time round!

And as a sneak preview of the COREd graphics:
Promo-040graphicspack.jpg

Thanks for your interest and enjoy!

The CORE Development Team
(Last updated: 2009-07-10)

Last edited:
What exactly is this file? The .mis? I'm on a mac and was wondering how to utilize this w/ the HOI2 mac version.

.mis is a microsoft installer so if you want to use it on mac you most likely have to get someone with a windows pc to extract the files and put them on a cd or such that you can read with your mac. Not sure if this will work though but my best shot.

Ghost_dk said:
Time to update your first post Baylox

0.2 has just been released :)

0.22 since july 8th.

Almost two months too late, but better late than never - right? First post updated with current information.

Note that the first Doomsday-compatible version shouldn't be too far off. This also means that 0.22 is the last version for regular Hearts of Iron 2.

And remember to not reply to this thread - start a new one instead!

Happy gaming!

Unfortunately I cant download the file

It seems to download it I need an account on the CORE website and even though I have one for some reason it does not let me log in nor does it send me the password to my email address. Can someone look into it so I can download it and put up a mirror on the TRP website.

Whats the latest HoI2 version. Not doomsday just the original.

billy bob said:
Whats the latest HoI2 version. Not doomsday just the original.
The latest (and last) version for regular HoI2 is 0.22. The current version is 0.25, which is for DD only.

And please do not respond to this thread - start a new one instead, if you have any questions!

Could someone make a torrent download as well? I greatly prefer that since my internet connection is a bit jumpy (and when it "jumps" all normal downloads die, but torrents just reconnect and continue)...

How do I know CORE is working? I installed a vanilla Doomsday (called it DoomsdayCORE), installed patch 1.2, then CORE. I do see the mod-CORE2 directory in the DoomsdayCORE folder. I start the game and everything looks and plays the same as Doomsday.

What did I do wrong?