[Dev Team] 1.4.2 Patch Released [checksum 1974]

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi friends, Jamor here with some good news for the weekend: 1.4.2 patch has arrived and should be updating for you as you read this. Based on the excellent feedback you provided for the previous Archimedes versions, this build includes a bunch of balance tweaks and bug fixes.

###################
# Game Balance
###################

# Economy

- Reduced population output from occupied territories by 20%.

- Manpower from tribesmen and freemen reduced by approximately 45%.

- Non-primary-dominant-culture territories now provide 20% less output.

# Governments

- Moving Province capital now reduces Province Loyalty instead of Political Influence. It is no longer possible to move the Province Capital if you are below 50 Province Loyalty (up from 33%). Moving province capital to a City or even more so a Metropolis will result in a lesser hit.

- Slightly reduced pop type happiness reductions from passive deity modifiers.

# War & Peace

- Macedon will now be far more likely to oppose Phrygian demands in the initial Diadochi War event series.
- Slightly reduced base experience decay for units.

- Slightly increased war exhaustion from battles.

- Tweaked Military Traditions to reduce very expensive units in mercenary stacks (elephants and heavy cavalry).

#Characters

- Halved how much money is gained from selling Characters into slavery, because the sight of your former adversaries toiling in the salt mine is the real reward.

- Halved loyalty impact, decay rate and maximum from giving away holdings.

- Characters will now gain loyalty from being made Generals or Admirals, just as they do when they are given an office or Governorship.

# Heritages

- Argive heritage increased from 2% ruler popularity to 4, to match other ruler popularity gain heritages.

- Spartocid Heritage now gives higher defensiveness instead of discipline.

- Pontic and Massalian Heritages changed from wrong culture happiness to wrong culture group happiness.

- Epirote Heritage now gives lower commerce instead of fewer diplomatic relations.

- Epirote Heritage now gives global freemen output instead of a war exhaustion reduction.

###################
# AI
###################

- AI will be more reluctant to change its worshipped deities simply because it can. Will be more mindful of conserving its stability.

- AI will better consider naval access when declaring wars.

###################
# Script
###################

# Achievements

- Changed every country specific achievement to have a variable backup, so even if you change the country name (through a formable decision or a mission), you should still be able to get the achievement in question. Among other things this means Sparta can get ‘Molon Labe’ and ‘Laconic If’ even if they first form another country. This will not affect games started before the 1.4.2 patch.

- Meroitic culture countries are now valid for the “New Kingdom” achievement.

# Decisions

- Fixed formables for the two new culture groups, Meroitic and Illyrian.

# Events

- Added a 2 year cooldown per territory for the city sacking event for ruler led armies

# Missions

- 'Planning for War' generic mission task reward increased from 2.5 to 5 military experience

- The Spartan mission tasks 'Reincorporating Messenia' and 'Lands of Messenia' will no longer ask you for a building you cannot build in the territory.

- The mission task ' Greek Allies' in the 'Subduing Greece' mission will now highlight the potential nations when you hover the task, making it easier to find nations that might be relevant for it.

# Setup

- Fixed Madurai not being a city at start.

# Tutorial

- Objective to build a larger navy now requires a navy of 10 ships rather than 20.

- Objective to build a larger army now requires an army of 12 000 men rather than 30 000.

#Religion

- Tag exclusive deities will no longer disappear or become unavailable after you complete a formable or otherwise change names in some way.

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

- Fixed bug that resulted in characters acquiring multiple spouses.

- Fixed bug that caused all Roman characters at start to belong to the same party.

- Fixed more missing localization in Spanish.

- Fixed combat deployment issue for multiple large armies

- Armies without a leader now also loot provinces instantly. Province loot modifier is now visible right away in the tooltip

- Armies with no food detaching support units will no longer result in the creation of food out of thin air.

- Armies no longer cause food to be added to the province they are in, because wow, the Thirty Years’ War would have looked a lot different if that were true.

- Fixed bug that caused subjects to cheekily draw manpower from their overlord instead of transferring manpower to the overlord.

- Fixed starting scripts sometimes being run twice in Ironman.

- Fixed a number of rare crashes and out of syncs.

- Fixed trade view resetting sorting whenever a Trade Route was cancelled or accepted.

- Fixed Integration family event not awarding popularity if no families are accepted

- Fixed Weary of War event firing for mercenary armies

- Fixed broken loc strings in Befriend Tribe Roman mission tasks

- Fixed issue where allied countries couldn't be made into feudatories in the Siceliote Overtures task for Syracuse

- Fixed issues with the religious subjects released by Sparta and Athens in their missions.

- Fixed the switched loyalties of clan leaders in the 'From One Clan to Another' event.

- Fixed so that the economics tabs is no longer translucent when you have no subjects

- Fixed opengl shader issues related to map modes with colored water when zoomed in

- Fixed broken loc string in wealth modifier from Expand Estate character scheme, and probably other literally unplayable typos somewhere

1.4.x saves will probably be fine in this version, but in case you encounter any issues and want to finish an older game, you can revert back by right clicking on Imperator in your Steam library, selecting Properties -> Betas -> choose the version you want. Don't save an old, bugged game in the new version, roll back first.

Happy to get this to you in time for the weekend, and we hope you enjoy it!

• 3Like
Reactions:
- Manpower from tribesmen and freemen reduced by approximately 45%, non-primary dominant culture territories now provide 20% less output.
Quite harsh economy nerf, still nothing to help with the research situation which is a bit disappointing. Also encourage Culture conversion even more than Before is maybe not completely the right move, like you could simply reduce output from non capital regions instead of basing it on Culture.

I was just going to ask what you meant about "in time for the weekend", and then I realised that it is thursday afternoon... Djiz, corona is even messing with the conception of time!

Thank you so much, then I can finally start playing again after a little break from enjoying the 1.4.1 patch :) Off freeing Athens from the gruesome reign under the phrygians!

Last edited:
Great, thank you very much! I'm not too sure if I like the changes to non-primary-dominant-culture regions, because I kind of like having large multiculti empires that only assimilate very slowly. But will see how I think about that after a playthrough.

Manpower from tribesmen and freemen reduced by approximately 45%.

[if this means what I think it means] Nuking manpower gain is at best a stop-gap solution, it doesn't fix the underlying issue of how and why manpower is borked

Moving Province capital now reduces Province Loyalty instead of Political Influence. It is no longer possible to move the Province Capital if you are below 50 Province Loyalty (up from 33%). Moving province capital to a City or even more so a Metropolis will result in a lesser hit.

At last

# Heritages
Still no fix for BYZ :(

Armies with no food detaching support units will no longer result in the creation of food out of thin air.

This. this fixes so much for me, but food, in general, is still way too abundant.

- Meroitic culture countries are now valid for the “New Kingdom” achievement.
So does this mean that nubian will remain its own culture group indefinitely?

Great, thank you very much! I'm not too sure if I like the changes to non-primary-dominant-culture regions, because I kind of like having large multiculti empires that only assimilate very slowly. But will see how I think about that after a playthrough.
Agree, it is basically trying to nerf expansion and large empires but in the wrong way by encourage something that really did not happen. If they want to nerf large empires they can simply do things such as nerfing output of non capital regions to represent the difficuty to getting resources from distant provinces.

[if this means what I think it means] Nuking manpower gain is at best a stop-gap solution, it doesn't fix the underlying issue of how and why manpower is borked
At best it simply slow down the path to infinite Manpower and since it affect everyone it mean the ai nations will likely suffer alot more than the players since they are not as good at conserving Manpower.

Thanks for your hard work!

"Fixed trade view resetting sorting whenever a Trade Route was cancelled or accepted" You listen! This is one I've been waiting for since release. It's gonna save so much headache.

Nothing today, I'm afraid, it's a public holiday here. I'll have something for you this week though.
So is this the promised thing or will we get something else. Asking for a hyped friend :rolleyes:

At a glance, this looks amazing. however, the bug with naval deployment concerning destroyed ships not getting replaced by reinforcements was not fixed.

(i reported this a week ago, attached a save yesterday, and confirmed it again on a fresh save on 1.4.2 just now) https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...t-trigger-reinforcment-from-reserves.1372623/

... its a way less intrusive bug than some of the stuff that was fixed though, so whatever for now i guess.

great work! i especially look forward to seeing how the AI does with more "stable" stability.

• 1Like
Reactions:
which is?
To put it briefly :
1) It scales linearly with size.
2) It's more of a banked resource, rather than the number of available recruits; one cohort doesn't tie down 1k manpower (from the cap) and 14 (was it 14?) manpower regen.
3) Food is way too plentiful.

These are the three main components that cause the massive manpower inflation issue, nuking manpower gain doesn't address these fundamental issues with the game.

Non-primary-dominant-culture territories now provide 20% less output.
Won't this just make it more worthwhile to have a mono-culture empire? Here's hoping summer of culture will help.

Moving Province capital now reduces Province Loyalty instead of Political Influence. It is no longer possible to move the Province Capital if you are below 50 Province Loyalty (up from 33%). Moving province capital to a City or even more so a Metropolis will result in a lesser hit.
Hopefully this will make it less irritating when you conquer a province and the province capital is none of the cities in the province.

- Spartocid Heritage now gives higher defensiveness instead of discipline.
The heritage was rather OP for what was historically a fairly insignificant kingdom.

- Pontic and Massalian Heritages changed from wrong culture happiness to wrong culture group happiness.
Yes. Finally Massalian heritage actually does something.

- Epirote Heritage now gives lower commerce instead of fewer diplomatic relations.

- Epirote Heritage now gives global freemen output instead of a war exhaustion reduction.
Desperately needed

- AI will be more reluctant to change its worshipped deities simply because it can. Will be more mindful of conserving its stability.
Is this why the AI was having stability problems all the time?

- Fixed bug that resulted in characters acquiring multiple spouses.
Is this the infamous spouse bug fixed?

- Fixed opengl shader issues related to map modes with colored water when zoomed in
Is this what was causing some people to have the meditterranean show no water?

Honestly making not dominant culture regions 20% less effective is a step in the wrong direction, I will just culture convert more and ignore religion.

But I´m glad that fix cam fast too and I hope the rest will be fixed soon ? Like the disapperance of women after some time ?