• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

funhave

Second Lieutenant
15 Badges
Mar 2, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
I would like to build such a crossroad without mods:

I mean, these mods, I need (traffic manager, signs, ....) should be included in the game:

Attachments

• crossroad.jpg
    crossroad.jpg
    219,8 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0
A roundabout way to achieve this in game, as I've thought about this is to extend the intersection management window's functionality in Mass Transit and allow the player to specify what each lane is allowed to do around the intersection. Or more accurately, allow the player to disallow something the game is wanting to do by default, although that could be hedged a bit.

A real world example would be major roadways that disallow left turns in general(or for a more expanded option, only allows left turns at certain times of day).

In game, it could also be a player building something like the SS in the OP using ramps, where there already was a right-turn option before the main intersection happened, so disallowing right turns at the main intersection should be possible. (As well as preventing left-turning traffic onto said ramp, as well as disabling the possibility of left-turning traffic from where the ramp reaches its destination)

Another iteration of this would be the two lane(1 lane each direction) highway splitting off into two ramps, allow the user to basically disable the resulting "intersection" entirely so there is no option to "U turn" in either direction, and thus, no need to stop for right-of-way games. This could of course be scaled up for the avenues and such as well, so that a "clean transition" can be made instead of what happens at present when traffic comes into an intersection.

An extended option would be on the multi-lane roadway intersecting multi-lane roads. Allowing the player to disable the "multiple-choice lanes" that sometimes develop. So instead of having a left only, left/straight lane, and a straight/right turn lane. I could make it a left, left, straight/right turn or left, straight, right choice.

This is interchange for Highway 002/004/005 - to the robnack mountain road and handcenterplants east:

Attachments

• Interchange Cross 2_4_5_Handcenterplants east.jpg
    Interchange Cross 2_4_5_Handcenterplants east.jpg
    271,9 KB · Views: 62